MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Skype UIQ3

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.t.s

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: History[P900, P910i] Current [M600i]

PostPosted: Friday, 18.May.2007 11:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Dogmann, no personal experience ... but I read it that the Skype client is looking for a 3 data connection as they have an exclusive deal ... I see no reason why another client (such as Fring or a generic Skype client) should not be able to work on P990i/M600i/W950i was all I was saying.
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted: Friday, 18.May.2007 11:27    Post subject: Sponsored links      

Dogmann
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Bold OS V5.0.0.93, 8GB

PostPosted: Friday, 18.May.2007 12:29    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

@sts

I was only explaining why the 3 X series works and agree with you there is no reason Fring shouldn't work on UIQ3 devices. It did take them a while to support the N93 and also a short while before the N95 was supported so hopefully as Ares has said Fring are working on the UIQ3 devices it shouldn't be to much longer before it is available

Marc
bonbort
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990i

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.May.2007 21:29    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Skype or Fring on my P990i is a dream until now... hope this dream will come true one day! Very Happy
puzit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: p990i

PostPosted: Thursday, 31.May.2007 15:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

A user of Fring forums just wrote:
"....From Skype point of view the first beta is released and its non public a couple of days ago..." (http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3690#post3690)

Any ideas?

Puz
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted:     Post subject: Sponsored links      

Dogmann
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Bold OS V5.0.0.93, 8GB

PostPosted: Thursday, 31.May.2007 16:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

@puzit,

Interesting about the Skype Beta going into testing but as for the rest of the post palese Nokia influencing Fring not to develop the UIQ3 solution is the biggest load of conspiracy theory rubbish i have heard for a long time.

Firstly i don't believe Nokia could tell Fring what to do, secondly i really don't think Nokia who for a very long time now have given both VOIP and a SIP client to numerous devices have anything to fear from even 4-5 UIQ3 devices suddenly getting VOIP. It is far more likely the delay is the complexity of accessing the various Api's needed and various other areas within UIQ3 that is causing the delays SE seem to change things suddenly in a new firmware just ask CellPhoneSoft.

I am sure as soon a s Fring can get a stable version they will launch it they have no reason not to. The thing is it is not just Fring their are lots of other alternative solutions out there yet none support UIQ3 yet. As soon as SE enable VOIP and SIP in their devices I'm sure these other solution's would be able to work as well. There really isn't much any one can do until SE make it possible.

Marc
puzit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: p990i

PostPosted: Thursday, 31.May.2007 16:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Dogmann,
Agree.
Giving the fact that Fring is a small Israeli startup with probably 5 developers its take time to port to other OS.

Puz
ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P1i

PostPosted: Thursday, 31.May.2007 17:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i finally agree with dogmman on something Very Happy

i think its more a question of lack of resources and having to take prioritys...s60 has more devices and market, so they are making it first

one more thing...i don´t think SE has to enable anything for a fring UIQ3 version to run on the P990...its a matter of fring finishing the app

other thing is the P990 and other UIQ3 phones having SIP capability onboard, without 3rd party apps like fring, that has yet to happen
bigyogamuffin
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: M600i

PostPosted: Thursday, 31.May.2007 19:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I guess Wink the problem for Skype is that they have many revenue streams from conventional channels that mobile devices is not really a priority.

ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 21.Jun.2007 11:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Guys, try this one

http://rapidshare.com/files/38350468/skypi_jar.jar

On other news, fring just said this on their blog

Quote:
p.s - UIQ users… we did not forget you. We’re polishing a version for you and it should be ready soon.

they never used the word "soon" for the UIQ version before...that has to be good Smile
bellor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: SE M600i

PostPosted: Thursday, 21.Jun.2007 12:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I didn't have patience to search the thread for this... but do you know about IM+ for Skype Java? I tried it... it's beta still and they say bug finders will get free licences. It works great. Try it yourselves
ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 21.Jun.2007 12:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

tks gonna try that too
tmotion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Siemens SX1 , Sony Ericsson P990

PostPosted: Thursday, 21.Jun.2007 21:37    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ares wrote:
Guys, try this one

http://rapidshare.com/files/38350468/skypi_jar.jar

On other news, fring just said this on their blog

[...]

they never used the word "soon" for the UIQ version before...that has to be good Smile

mm when i want to call someone it starts te phone app and calls a number.. I cant reach anyone bij skype.
ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 22.Jun.2007 00:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yeah, forget that one, its just same old iskoot [put your favorite swearword here] after all

Try im+ skype beta instead

mi2ke
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990 KERN EXEC

PostPosted: Friday, 22.Jun.2007 01:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

im+ skype beta:

http://www.shapeservices.com/en/products/download.php?product=skype&de viceid=506
ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 22.Jun.2007 11:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

IM+ does not permite true VOIP calls, you need skype out credits

Back o iskoot...it looks like latest version is much better...people are telling me it does alow true VOIP now...anyone cares to try??? I am not in a place with wifi now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic