MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
MeeGo as base platform for In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manu_dibango
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Friday, 23.Jul.2010 20:59    Post subject: MeeGo as base platform for In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI)   Reply with quote   

I think it's interresting, that MeeGo not only will be a platform for
mobile devices:

The Linux Foundation announced, that the Genivi-Alliance (http://genivi.org/)
decided to use MeeGo as a base platform for an open-source infotainment
systems for cars (In-Vehicle Infotainment IVI). The next reference release
will be based on MeeGo.

Members of the Genivi-Alliance are (among others): BMW, General Motors,
Hyundai, Peugeot/Citroen, Renault, Intel, ARM, Nokia, Wind River, Magneti-
Marelli und Continental.

Source:
heise.de (in german only)
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/MeeGo-fuer-Infotainment-im-Auto -1044765.html
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 113

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Monday, 26.Jul.2010 16:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Conversations also has a post about MeeGo and the GENIVI Alliance. Excerpt:
    GENIVI opts for MeeGo for its in-vehicle infotainment platform
    San Francisco, USA – Good news for the upcoming open source platform, MeeGo. GENIVI Alliance has chosen it as the basis of their next reference release for In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI). This isn’t just a great step for the multi-device MeeGo OS, it’s also proof that it’ll turn its hand to anything, be it an in-vehicle device, smartphones, notebooks, tablets or TVs. Find out more after the jump.

For those new to MeeGo, here’s a quick run though: MeeGo is a brand new species of OS. The result of a cutting-edge collaboration between Nokia and Intel, MeeGo combines the talents of Maemo (of N900 fame) and Intel’s Moblin project, to offer an entirely fresh open source operating system that has the flexibility to adapt to a variety of devices.

That variety is exactly why the GENIVI alliance has snapped-up the platform for its new IVI device. MeeGo will provide the base for the upcoming GENIVI Apollo release. In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) is a rapidly growing and evolving field that encompasses all the digital applications that can be used by all travellers in a car. Navigation, entertainment, location-based services, and connectivity to devices, car networks and broadband networks are all covered off by IVI.

Here’s Graham Smethurst, president of GENIVI, explaining why it chose MeeGo:

“We selected MeeGo as the open source basis for our platform because it is technically innovative and can provide the cross architecture build support we require for our references,” he said. “Working with MeeGo we expect to establish a solution that effectively merges IVI needs with those of the other MeeGo target device categories.”

Are guys excited to get your hands on MeeGo? What devices are you most looking forward to seeing? Let us know in the comments below.
--
Bent Laursen
manu_dibango
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 03.Aug.2010 13:36    Post subject: MeeGo for IVI V1.0 Announcement   Reply with quote   

First release of MeeGo for IVI
http://meego.com/community/blogs/margie/2010/meego-ivi-v1.0-announceme nt
Quote:
We are pleased to present this 1.0 release of MeeGo for IVI. As part of this release, we are including a sample IVI Home Screen and taskbar, using the included Qt framework, and designed with Automotive Center Console HMI requirements in mind. We have also included some automotive specific middleware components and a few sample applications, including sample navigation program (Navit) and a sample dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer) which uses Bluetooth and a paired phone.

The MeeGo IVI Day 1 User Experience includes:

* Kernel version 2.6.33
* Home screen and taskbar for launching and managing applications
* Sample navigation (Navit)
* Sample Bluetooth-enabled dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer)
* UI for managing network connections
* Fennec Browser is MeeGo's Qt based web browser for IVI
* Packages from open source automotive projects are included for audio management, resource management, persistent storage management, CE device management, and system health management

For more details about this release, you can view the release notes and installation instructions.

If you run into any issues or have additional questions about the update, you can submit your issue to the MeeGo developer mailing list: http://lists.meego.com/listinfo/meego-dev

The downloadable image is bootable from usb stick on systems with Intel
Atom or Intel Core 2 CPU (support for SSSE3) (MeeGo will not work on
non-SSSE3 CPUs), platforms with the GMA-500, Nvidia, or ATI graphics
chipsets are not supported
manu_dibango
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 03.Aug.2010 15:02    Post subject: Screenshots Meego IVI   Reply with quote   

Some screenshots of Meego IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic