MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Maemo 5 SDK Updated

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Friday, 20.May.2011 16:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt Quick 3D, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt Quick 3D Downloads Available
    Its been well over a year since I blogged here about Qt3D and its mission to bring Qt style to 3D programming with OpenGL. Qt3D started out as a Qt research project to bring Qt convenience and portability to OpenGL code, back in 2008/2009 – and it more than delivered on that promise with several of its classes finding their way into Qt’s OpenGL API.

But Qt is all about Qt Quick now, which those of you who have seen our QML 3D demo will know Qt Quick has changed the Qt3D project from a set of handy C++ API’s to an amazing 3D scripting environment. I spoke about Qt3D and also about our QML bindings at Dev Days last year and the response was huge. We also got the message from many of you that it was less exciting to have Qt style portability for OpenGL, now that OpenGL ES 2 was becoming a de-facto standard. This made the transition to Qt Quick for our front end even more important.

So we turned the corner and now I’d like to share with you our latest work: Qt Quick 3D! We have spent the last few months debugging, improving and packaging so that we could share with you. With Qt Quick 3D you have under the hood Qt3D with the power of C++ implemented 3D scene graphs, 3D asset loading (.3ds and other popular formats) but the developer API is all QML.

What can you do with Qt Quick 3D right now?

• Create a QML application that features 3D content
    • Load models made in 3D studio max or Blender into your app
    • Add stock shapes such as cylinders and cubes
    • Insert inline shader code into the QML to create neat effects
    • Animate your scene with geometric animations such as rotate, translate and scale
    • Control your scenes with QML states, transitions and animations
    • Write app logic in javascript, and use Qt Quick 2D alongside your 3D content

Video: Qt Quick 3D on the N900

Of course we could not put everything we wanted in, so we have plenty to work on – maybe you have some special requests? What is coming in the future:

• Support for next version of QML (this will likely be the first cab off the rank).
    • Network awareness (at present URL’s must be local file system only)
    • Qt Creator integration for the model loader (to make it easier to position your 3D asset into your Qt Quick 3D scene)
    • More sophisticated animations – skinning and morphing
    • Physics engine integration

The packaging and Qt Quick integration is still in development, but we are coming to you with this now in the hopes that we get some useful feedback on the packages themselves, and also the functionality of Qt Quick 3D so that we can improve it. Working with packages has been a new challenge for the Qt3D team, since we have had to turn our hand from coding C++ and QML bindings to battling with the debian packaging system, Symbian .sis format and the intricacies of Windows and other desktop installers. The bugs we know about are listed on our public bug-tracker, which is also the right place to report any new issues or to vote up the ones you’d like fixed first.

Without further ado, here are the downloads:

For the source package, step-by-step building instructions for Qt Creator (including screenshots) are available on our Qt Quick 3D documentation page.

If you want to start working with Qt Quick 3D, give us feedback or get assistance, join the community on our qt-3d@nokia.com mailing list.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.May.2011 18:46    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released an update to Qt SDK 1.1, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt SDK Update bringing Qt Creator 2.2 released
    It is a great pleasure to announce the availability of the first update for the Qt SDK. The main reason for this update is the inclusion of the recently released Qt Creator 2.2 into the SDK. (Please read that post if you are interested in the new features in Qt Creator that update brings.)
    The documentation and the remote compiler plugin have also been updated to work with the new Qt Creator, while the SDK Maintenance tool also had some bugs fixed.

For an overview of the content and the features of the Qt SDK, please have a look at the 1.1 release post.

Using the included Updater, you can get all the new goodies without having to reinstall – should you have held out until now, Forum Nokia also offers the updated installers on their Qt SDK website.
    If you encounter problems, please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.May.2011 18:53    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released a technology preview of Qt 4.8, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Technology Preview of Qt 4.8 now available for testing and feedback
    I am very happy to announce the release of a Technology Preview of Qt 4.8 to the community for testing and feedback.

Qt 4.8 will be a release containing a lot of quality and performance improvements that were carried out during the last 12 months, such as File System performance improvements. It also includes the Qt Platform Abstraction (Lighthouse) feature, which enables easier porting of Qt into new graphics systems for third parties. Today’s Technology Preview is released to get your feedback, comments and improvement ideas.

Packages – Qt 4.8 Technology Preview
    The Qt 4.8 Tech Preview packages available today have been tested with Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6, Linux and Symbian^3.

Supported platforms for Qt 4.8
    Targets for Qt 4.8 will be announced in due course. As a reminder and a guide, the supported platforms for Qt 4.7 are available here http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/supported-platforms.html

Deprecated items list in Qt 4.8
    As announced recently, we will deprecate a list of items in the Qt 4.8 release. This list can be found in http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/12/qt-modules-maturity-level-the-list  /

Schedules
    We are aiming to release Qt 4.8 beta in next few weeks and the final release candidate in the second half of 2011. These are available through the SDK only.

Thanks
    We would like to thank all developers, contributors, the documentation integration and testing teams in Qt releasing for making this happen!

The Qt 4.8 Tech Preview is available now at
    http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-t p.zip
    and
    http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-t p.tar.gz

We are looking forward your contributions, comments and suggestions on the Qt 4.8 Tech Preview. Please post your bug reports in http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 21.Jun.2011 16:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Qt SDK 1.1.2 has been released, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Introducing MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan to the Qt SDK
    Today an update has been pushed to the Qt SDK providing the following content:

• Qt Creator 2.2.1: This is mainly a bug fix release. For more information, read the release blog here.

• MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan: The Qt SDK now contains experimental toolchains and other experimental components to create MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan apps. This feature is available on all supported development platforms by the Qt SDK, meaning Microsoft Windows, Linux and MacOS X.

Please note that the support for MeeGo Harmattan is not fully completed yet, it is located inside the experimental section of the installer or updater. Hence support will not get installed automatically, on a fresh installation you need to select the custom mode and enable those components manually. Afterwards you will have everything set up and automatically registered to Qt Creator, including documentation and emulator images.

For those of you, who have a running instance of the Qt SDK already, open the SDK Maintenance tool and find the MeeGo Harmattan target inside the experimental selection and simply post-install it to your environment.

If you decide to download the offline installers, we want to inform you about a couple of updates here. Due to the amount of feedback we received on the size of the offline installers, we needed to remove some parts to keep the packages at the same size. So from now on, the offline installers will not contain any Visual Studio 2005 components anymore. Furthermore the N900 setup is not included. However, they are still available in the online installers. Also you can be postinstall those after using the offline installation.

Following here are the download links: see the Nokia Developer webpages.

If you encounter any troubles, please file a bug report at: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com to the according categories.
--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic