MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Change your desktop background!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuzmichov
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
15 in 6 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia N9 Black 64Gb

PostPosted: Tuesday, 17.Jan.2012 15:44    Post subject: Change your desktop background!   Reply with quote   

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalWBeLqDa4

Instructions:
1. Create your background image size of 480x854 in PNG format
2. Rename it to meegotouch-desktop-bg.png
3. Copy the resulting file to your smartphone in the Downloads folder
4. In the same folder Downloads unzip libmeegotouchviews-modified-default.css from the archive (http://www.mediafire.com/?b05rri3b3x20ris).
5. Open a terminal and type:
Code:
devel-su             
rootme (the default password)             
cp -f /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/meegotouch-desktop-bg.png /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/backgrounds/
cp -f /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/libmeegotouchviews-modified-default.css  /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libmeegotouchhome/style/

6. Reboot

PS. For the subsequent change of the background, you need only change meegotouch-desktop-bg.png
But to return to the standard change libmeegotouchviews-modified-default.css to the original (http://www.mediafire.com/?yexu8a70ld534iu).

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz, kinggo, naytsyrhc, BentL, nuwanda, storback, Direk, Sin Ogaris, ceroberts75

Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1092 in 696 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 18.Jan.2012 11:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Great tip, thanks for sharing! I've added it to this site's Tips & Tricks section (of course, with crediting the author).

P.S. Funny how no one else found it worth saying a word, or even just click the 'Thank you' button... I guess the author must feel extremely motivated for further work.
naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
43 in 43 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9, Jolla 1], Current [Sony Xperia X Compact SFOS]

PostPosted: Wednesday, 18.Jan.2012 14:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hey Michal,

just saw the post today (somehow my RSS of the forum doesn't work anymore) and - of course - immediately thanked the poster...
nuwanda
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Nokia N9(my precious) 64GB, IPHONE 4S 6GB

PostPosted: Wednesday, 18.Jan.2012 17:07    Post subject: Works fine but causes a small problem.   Reply with quote   

great mod, thanks a lot.
It only took me 5 minutes.

I jave a slight problem though, the accuweather and notifications section on the notification home screen have black backgrounds

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/n9background.png/

Can you help?
nuwanda
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia N9(my precious) 64GB, IPHONE 4S 6GB

PostPosted: Thursday, 19.Jan.2012 12:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hello everybody,

Stumbled upon a solution for the black background on the notification section of the Notification Home Screen.

In Order to fix the problem need to edit
/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/meegotouchhome/style/meegotouchhome. css and editing the background-color on the Notification Event by removing the

background-color: #000000; on line 594.

Reboot your phone and there it is.

Still no fix for the accuweather black background problem.
mtaudy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia N9 16Mb

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.Jan.2012 01:52    Post subject: Problem   Reply with quote   

Hi everybody. I´ve tried to make a change of background. I´ve downloaded the .png picture and .css to my N9.../Downloads. Then I´ve typed the command and restarted device. But then I´ve found out, that the background is all red(my png is black with green stripes). I´ve tried it many times, with different pictures also and of course between each action I´ve restarted the device, but still red backround only. In the end I´ve had to use the original .css file, at least the black background is back Smile Any idea ?
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.Jan.2012 18:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i am not sure that you need to entirely delete that line.

i would just take out the "000000" and leave the "# ;" there.

this way if you need to revert, you can just change it back.

otherwise, i would make a copy of the file first as a backup.

you can do this with:

open terminal
devel-su/rootme
Code:
mv -f /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/meegotouchhome/style/meegotouchhome. css /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/meegotouchhome/style/meegotouchhome. css.orig

this way, the original file is always there and you just have to rename the file back without the .orig tag.

you can do this pretty simply with:

Code:
mv -f /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/meegotouchhome/style/meegotouchhome. css.orig /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/meegotouchhome/style/meegotouchhome. css
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.Jan.2012 19:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

if you want a complete theme adjustment, you can see my post HERE
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1092 in 696 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Thursday, 26.Jan.2012 12:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Changing home screen wallpaper is now supported by default on PR1.2 on the N950, so it'll soon come to the N9, too.

One can choose any image file and set its brightness using a slider. In addition to user wallpapers there is also an option to use an animated "sine wave" background.

There are also three color schemes (Black and White, Cyan, Magenta) to choose from.

Watchmaker
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 10

Phone: Nokia N9

PostPosted: Thursday, 26.Jan.2012 13:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Woah, cool! Razz

I hope I won't have to wait for the update much longer than you all (I have a Swiss country variant phone, for 1.1 I had to wait one month more and had to use NSU).
mtaudy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia N9 16Mb

PostPosted: Sunday, 29.Jan.2012 00:25    Post subject: Re: Problem   Reply with quote   

mtaudy wrote:
Hi everybody. I´ve tried to make a change of background. I´ve downloaded the .png picture and .css to my N9.../Downloads. Then I´ve typed the command and restarted device. But then I´ve found out, that the background is all red(my png is black with green stripes). I´ve tried it many times, with different pictures also and of course between each action I´ve restarted the device, but still red backround only. In the end I´ve had to use the original .css file, at least the black background is back Smile Any idea ?

Another problem has occured and it is, that in a Gallery I see many broken pictures from Cyan_theme. I can delete those but once I restart my phone, those appears again. If I tried to delete the whole theme from usr/themes, it said I dont have a permission. Any idea? THX
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 29.Jan.2012 01:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I answered yourpm and posted back on the correct thread. pleasekeep on topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic