MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Nokia N9 firmware thread

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
478 in 350 posts
Thanks given: 109

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Tuesday, 29.Nov.2011 19:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Nokia N9 PR1.2 firmware update is in the works and some screenshots for the Nokia N950 PR1.2 have appeared, see My Nokia Blog. Excerpt:
    Anyway, here’s what the changes demoed:

• In the handling of applications Added a button to manage applications.
    • The interface now separates the camera flash options (and camera UI was already very awesome)
    • In the video recording interface separated the icon to turn the LED flash.
    • The buttons have a new style
    • On display there is a new option settings Colour Profile
    • Settings Gallery has a new option for face recognition
    • The menu to display an image and has a new option “Insert face”
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
478 in 350 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 23.Jan.2012 18:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia explains Harmattan version numbering, see Nokia Developer blog post. Excerpt:
    Harmattan version numbering explained
    There has been numerous questions and some misunderstanding on Harmattan version numbering so we thought it would be the right time to share some light in to the topic. It should be interesting and good to know information for developers.

A typical version number is formatted as XX.YYYY.WW-#_PR_VVV where XX is the GSM Software Version Number (SVN), YYYY build year, WW build week, # release candidate serial number on that week, and VVV variant configuration code.

For Nokia N9 the SVN number 10 stands for Harmattan 1.0, 20 for Harmattan 1.1, 22 for Harmattan 1.1.1 (Arabic) and 30 for Harmattan 1.2. For Nokia N950 Developer Device the first SVN number 1 stands for Harmattan 1.0, number 2 stands for Harmattan 1.1 and 3 stands for Harmattan 1.2 beta.

A variant configuration within a release consists of same software code line but some application data, modules or applications them self may be in or out between variants. E.g., typical space consuming regional variable in devices is the pre-loaded maps data. The VVV variant codes are as following: 001 Europe, 003 China, 005 SEAP, 006 Arabic and 009 Europe-2 which is in fact almost identical to 001. Additionally to these listed variants, there are numerous country and operator specific variants with differences e.g., in selection of preloaded applications or operator specific needs.

The version number 3.2012.02-6_PR_003_RM680 can be read as ‘Harmattan PR 1.2 (beta) for Nokia N950 that was built week 2 of 2012, 6th release candidate during week 2, production image, Chinese variant for RM680 where RM680 is production code for Nokia N950’.

Released public software versions for both N950 and Nokia N9 are as following, in release order:

• Harmattan beta 1 for N950: 1.2011.22-6_PR_RM680 – Not supported and should not be used any more
    • Harmattan beta 2 for N950: 1.2011.34-2_PR_RM680 – Equivalent to Harmattan 1.0 001 variant for Nokia N9
    • Harmattan 1.0 for Nokia N9: 10.2011.34-1_PR_### – 001, 005, 009 and other variants, no 003 or 006 variants
    • Harmattan 1.1 for N950: 2.2011.39-5_PR_###_RM680 – Equivalent with 001 Harmattan 1.1 variants for Nokia N9
    • Harmattan 1.1 for Nokia N9: 20.2011.40-4_PR_### – 001, 003, 005, 009 and other variants
    • Harmattan 1.1.1 for Nokia N9: 22.2011.44-2_PR_### – 006 and other Arabic regional variants, not available for 001, 003, 005, 009 and other equivalent variants
    • Harmattan 1.2 beta for N950: 3.2012.##-#_PR_RM680 - Available soon, release # not disclosed yet.
    • Harmattan 1.2 for Nokia N9: 30.2012.##-#_PR_### - Available later on all variants, release # not disclosed yet.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
478 in 350 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 01.Feb.2012 13:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has published release notes for firmware version 28.2012.03-1, see Nokia Developer. Excerpt:
    Release Notes For Nokia N9 Device software 28.2012.03-1
    This release provides a preview of the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan 1.2 release on Nokia N9 Device. It is targeted towards developers, giving them sufficient time to try out their applications on the upcoming software update for N9. Please note that this is not the final Harmattan 1.2 release, bug fixes/changes are still ongoing.

As before,

• Developer mode is OFF by default. User needs to enable this option in order to download and install the development tools. See Settings->Security->Developer mode
    • Allow installations from non-Store sources is OFF by default. User needs to enable this option in order to allow installation of applications from other sources. See Settings->Installations.

Known limitations on N9

• Once your N9 is flashed with this release, you cannot go back to an earlier software release. Please note that Nokia Store still requires applications to work on Harmattan 1.0 and 1.1 releases, in addition to Harmattan 1.2.
    • QML debugging using QtSDK 1.1.4 is broken with this PR1.2 beta release. This issue will be fixed with an SDK update shortly.

Changes since Harmattan 1.1 release

• New languages
      • Persian
      • Hebrew
      • Kazakh
      • Thai
      • Vietnamese

• Software update notifications for content in Nokia Store
    • Continuous shooting (3 shots/second) support in Camera
    • Face recognition for gallery and face tags for Facebook
    • Support for folders in the application view
    • Mail for Exchange global address book lookup
    • Mail thread support in the Email client
    • Extended copy-paste support
    • Media sharing with DLNA compatible devices
    • Improved browser history view
    • Compass support in Maps
    • QtWebKit update to version 2.2
    • New font taken into use
    • Front camera support
    • Video editing support in the Gallery application

Bug fixes
    There are ~122 public bugs fixed in this release. The complete list is available at harmattan-bugs.nokia.com.

Other important improvements

• MeeGotouch Framework
      • Visual hint for differentiating swipe close gesture from normal swipes
      • Timestamps shown in notifications
      • Notifications sorted by timestamps
      • Improvements in Event Feed area
      • Music controls in Lock screen
      • New feedbacks added to MeeGoTouch theme:
        • priority2_callbutton_press
        • priority2_callbutton_release
        • priority2_close
        • priority2_close_multiple
        • priority2_move
        • priority2_popup

• Kernel updated to be in sync with the upstream kernel version 2.6.32.48
    • Connectivity
      • Android NDEF Push Protocol disabled
      • NFC polling enabled in lock screen
      • Separate switch for controlling mobile background connections while roaming

• Camera
      • Self Timer support
      • Composition grid + on/off control

• Calendar
      • Better handling of To-Do lists, recurring events and timezones
      • Private flag support for events
      • Support for read-only events
      • Ability to forward/reply/reply-all for received events

• Clock
      • Clock alarm becomes silent by flipping the device face down instead of snoozing
      • Updated time picker

• Gallery
      • People view added to the grid toolbar
      • Improved multiple selection indication in grid view

• Music Player
      • Audiobook and podcast support
      • Ability to create playlists
      • Ability to delete music files from music player library views via object menu
      • Possibility to see songs that are on the current play queue

• Contacts
      • Capture an image from camera from contact card to set the contact avatar
      • Service contact details attributed in contact card and editor
      • Nickname option in contact list
      • Online search from MfE server

• In addition, there are numerous bug fixes related to the implementation of new features, improving the overall user experience and reliability of the device.

Feedback and Discussion
    The Nokia MeeGo team values feedback on this release. For defects and regressions, use our public Bugzilla at harmattan-bugs.nokia.com. For generic discussion, use the Nokia Developer Maemo/MeeGo discussion board.
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: naytsyrhc

Sin Ogaris
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 6

Phone: Nokia N9

PostPosted: Saturday, 04.Feb.2012 14:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

So... Vodafone in Oz finally got PR1.1 and guess what? I got hit with the "hangs at 0%" glitch.

You know what's more annoying than finding out that after two months of waiting that you have to flash your device anyway and could have done it a hell of a lot sooner?

Well... the fact that save data isn't stored in rootfs. My application settings/game saves have all been retained.

Oh well, at least I'll get PR1.2 with the rest of the world.

As an aside, I guess for anyone a bit iffy about having to do everything again after reflashing, you DO NOT lose progress in games, or settings in other apps, after changing your firmware. All you need to do is re-download your apps (which 95% of will be displayed in your Nokia account anyway) and it'll be like you never lost them.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1073 in 681 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Sunday, 05.Feb.2012 06:15    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

hangs at 0%

It looks that it happens when you have some unofficial repositories configured. When I was updating my N9 to PR1.1 last year, it also got stuck at 0%, but someone at FMC suggested to remove all additional repositories. I did it and then the update went through without any problems.
Sin Ogaris
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 6

Phone: Nokia N9

PostPosted: Sunday, 05.Feb.2012 08:08    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I ended up just reflashing the device, pretty painless process truth be told. It will also mean I won't have the same delay when 1.2 comes out. My main concern was losing application data, but you just lose applications not any information they've stored in the phone (makes sense given there's a separate partition for that stuff) so I just had to redownload my apps, and meant I could leave the stuff I knew I wasn't using.
soleil14
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: N9

PostPosted: Sunday, 05.Feb.2012 18:25    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

There are no improvement for video decoder ?
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1073 in 681 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Monday, 06.Feb.2012 03:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

I ended up just reflashing the device, pretty painless process truth be told.

I know. Two weeks ago I had to reflash the N950 (as the PR1.2 update was only available as OneClickFlashers, not OTA) and then I had to manually reinstall all apps, re-apply all the tweaks, and so on. Took me entire night...

Quote:

but you just lose applications not any information they've stored in the phone

The PR1.2 update for the N950 wiped everything, not just rootfs but also eMMC. I ended up with a factory clean device.
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Tuesday, 07.Feb.2012 18:44    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
The PR1.2 update for the N950 wiped everything, not just rootfs but also eMMC. I ended up with a factory clean device.

maybe this is just becuase it is a dev device. Man...i hope they do not wipe our n9's!
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
478 in 350 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 17.Feb.2012 18:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The issue with missing application updates will be solved in firmware update PR 1.2, see Nokia Developer. Excerpt:
    Ensuring a great application update experience
    The upcoming MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan update (to version 1.2) features improved support for application updates.

The updated platform software will detect and announce updates to applications that are distributed through the Nokia Store.

And there was much rejoicing!

However, there are a couple of things developers need to be aware of when creating updates:

• Do not change the name of the content item or the package name, as the new version will not be displayed as an update (however, it will be visible in the Ovi Store client).

• Do not change the price point of the content item from free to non-free, please create a separate content item instead.

See the Nokia Publisher Guide for further details.
--
Bent Laursen
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Friday, 17.Feb.2012 18:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

still nothing in navifirm. :/
ENNINE
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: iPhone 4S

PostPosted: Sunday, 19.Feb.2012 01:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

It's sti;ll to early.
Stuarty
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N9, N86

PostPosted: Tuesday, 03.Jul.2012 12:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Just to revive this thread. PR 1.3 is available now for selected variants with more versions to follow. No change log that I can see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic