MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
gPodder Podcast Client

Go to page
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 13.Jan.2011 18:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.12, see blog post. Excerpt:
    New packages in Extras-Testing: gPodder 2.12, TV out control widget
    gPodder 2.12 "The Odyssey of Flight 33" has been released, which is purely a bugfix release for those of you who found an empty podcast list after skipping a gPodder version during upgrades (this release fixes both the initial problem and tries to recover databases for which migration has failed). The updated package is also available in Diablo Extras already for N8x0 users. Please test and vote for gPodder 2.12-1 in Extras-Testing!

A new desktop widget written by Ville Syrjäl has been packaged for Extras. TV out control lets you control advanced features of the N900's TV out such as aspect ratio and scaling - those settings are not accessible from the official control panel applet, which is closed source (vote for that bug if you'd like to see it open sourced and improved through the Community SSU). Please test and vote for the TV out control widget in Extras-Testing!
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz, gymbo, jad

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 07.Feb.2011 15:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

gPodder is about to get a new user interface, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder/QML status (with screenshot and video)
    Ohai February. The winter term is over; time for some gPodder QML hacking. This means that gPodder gets a new UI, and the structure of the application and the usual workflows also change a bit, based on the experiences with gPodder on Maemo 5. One of the most important changes will be that content will be played inside gPodder, as this provides even more control over playback and resuming than what the MAFW integration with the Maemo Media Player can provide.

Most of this has been done in the last two days. Thanks to Python, PySide and QML, I'm able to reuse the gPodder codebase (feed parsing, downloading, etc..) and just slap a lightweight QML UI on top of it.

Andrew Zhilin (aka wazd) has helped a lot with the design and the artwork, but see for yourself (this is a screenshot, not a mock-up):

And here is a video of the current performance on a N900.

Feedback, as always, welcome Smile
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Casanunda

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Feb.2011 20:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.13, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.13 in Extras-Testing (and in Extras for Diablo)
    A new version of gPodder, a podcast downloader for Maemo 4 and Maemo 5 has been released. The new release is already available in Extras for Maemo 4 (i.e. N800 and N810), and is currently in Extras-Testing for Maemo 5 (please test and vote!). You can read the official announcement on the gPodder blog, or go directly to the detailed ChangeLog. This release fixes some issues reported by our users, improves the episode list on Maemo 5 and adds the often-requested "Download only when on Wi-Fi" feature:

This release does not yet contain the QML UI, as it is not ready and/or feature-complete yet, and the QML development happens on another branch ("tres" in the Git repo) that contains more under-the-hood changes that cleans up the gPodder codebase. The QML UI will be released "when it's done" Smile
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: jad

jad
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 31

Phone: N9 E7, N900, C6-01, N95

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Feb.2011 04:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I have downloaded the update yesterday, and it is superb ...
jad
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Mar.2011 04:53    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

New update just popped up, v2.13.x .. Can't remember exactly ..
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Mar.2011 09:36    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The new version is gPodder 2.13-2. The former version was 2.13-1, so it is only a bug fix release.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 04.Apr.2011 16:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has posted a progress update, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder/QML progress update
    While the 2.x branch of gPodder is still updated - a new release should be out soon - the awesome stuff happens in the "tres" branch, where the refactoring takes place and also where the QML UI is built. I've reserved some time this weekend to work a bit on the QML UI so that it is at least day-to-day usable for me, because it turns out if I don't force myself to use the QML UI, I'll just use the Maemo 5 UI and not work on the QML UI Wink

I've uploaded two new videos today: gPodder/QML on the N900 and gPodder/QML on a Desktop. This is exactly the same Python codebase (utilizing PySide), which is great for testing on the "big" computer. It's also truly cross-platform, as you can see it running on OS X in the Desktop video. Unfortunately, Qt Mobility 1.2's QML Video component is broken, so there's no video playback on the N900. Video playback great on the Desktop, though, and audio playback works fine on both the N900 and Desktop.

The UI is still in a rough state, but it's a great place for experimenting around with some ideas to see what works and what does not. I really like the integration of the playback feature into gPodder, as it provides a better integrated experience on handsets. It obviously also loads faster compared to loading a separate media player. The UI is scalable and should work well on tablets (which is especially useful for YouTube channels and video podcasts).

The new codebase still hast the Desktop GTK+ UI and the Maemo 5 GTK+/Hildon UI in there, they share the same backend code as the QML UI. The code is not ready for public consumption, but if you really want to try it out, you'll find the code in the "tres" branch in our Git repository. If that's too little information for you to get started, then you shouldn't yet use it Smile
--
Bent Laursen
jad
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 05.Apr.2011 22:55    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Version 2.14-1 has just been released ..
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 11.Apr.2011 18:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.14 and Panucci 0.99.1, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.14 and Panucci 0.99.1 in Extras-Testing
    If you are one of those N900 users who use their devices for listening to podcasts and audiobooks, please help getting the latest versions of gPodder and Panucci into Extras and provide feedback/bug reports. For Diablo (N800/N810) users, gPodder 2.14 is already available in Extras.

gPodder 2.14 is a bugfix release in the 2.x release series. It includes fixes for YouTube downloads (this fixes the HTTP 400 errors some users were reporting) and adds per-podcast "Keep episodes" settings (to avoid accidental removal of episodes that you want to archive/keep). This release also includes some fixes for feeds that don't include a valid guid element in their entries. Please test and vote for gPodder 2.14-1 in Extras-Testing.

Panucci 0.99.1 is the second experimental release of xerxes2's development branch of Panucci. As announced on t.m.o, this release includes persistence of settings between invocations and a Qt GUI that can be activated by running Panucci with the --qt command-line switch. Thanks to xerxes2 and Helmuth for collaborating on the improvements made to Panucci recently. Please test and vote for Panucci 0.99.1 in Extras-Testing.
--
Bent Laursen
jad
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 05.May.2011 04:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Version 2.15 - "Night of Desirable Objects" is now available ..
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 05.May.2011 08:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.15, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.15 available; QML UI plans and Diablo support
    A new version of the open source podcatcher gPodder is now available for Maemo 4 (Diablo, N800 and N810) and Maemo 5 (Fremantle, N900). For Diablo, the package is already promoted to the Extras repository, so it should appear as an update soon, and for Fremantle, it's in Extras-Testing waiting for some reviews and votes from you (yes, you!). Please test and vote for gPodder 2.15-1 in Extras-Testing. This is a bugfix release in the stable 2.x release series, and also includes some translation updates as well. For full details, see the official release announcement.

Because I've been asked about the QML UI several times now: It's still not day-to-day usable, and missing some features. It's also only included in the "tres" branch, and won't be included in the 2.x release series. Judging from the current performance of QML UIs on Maemo 5, I also think that the Hildon-based Gtk+ UI might be better suited for Maemo 5, especially since it has been polished for the last 1.5 years - that's why the current Maemo 5 UI will most likely still be the default, even when gPodder 3 comes out (with the QML UI as an option).

Support for Diablo will be dropped in "tres", but as there haven't been any new features for Diablo in the last several months, that's not really a problem (bug fixes will still be made to the 2.x branch of gPodder, even after "tres" is released - you just have to report them).

That said, the QML UI will be available (and the default) for environments like the MeeGo N900 DE and probably any other MeeGo UIs (tablet, handset, etc..) in the future, and it will come with some exciting new features and a streamlined user interface.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 08.Jul.2011 08:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.16, see blog post. Excerpt:
    New gPodder versions for your N8x0 and N9x0
    It's been over two months since I've released a new stable release of gPodder. Now it's time again to catch up with some of the fixes that have landed in the "master" branch of gPodder (while we are still adding cool stuff to the "tres" branch, where the QML UI and other improvements happen). Anyway, gPodder 2.16 "Over There" should be available in Maemo Extras for both Diablo and Fremantle soon, please test the package and (in case of Fremantle / Maemo 5) also vote for it, so it can land in Extras eventually.

For the Nokia N950 (and also for the N9), there's already a very early alpha build of the QML for you to try - please note that you might have to remove your database and downloads to be compatible with any changes when the final version is out. There's a thread on forum.meego.com with instructions on how to get it and a screenshot - please also use this forum thread for feedback and any questions that you may have.

In related Maemo/MeeGo news, That Rabbit Game has been packaged for MeeGo Tablet and should be available in AppUp already. There's also a pure OpenGL ES port for webOS, although it's missing some features of the Qt version. If you haven't been following gaming news, our multi-touch game Mong (which is going to have its new name "Plonk" soon) is available for MeeGo tablets and I'll have a Harmattan package for you to try really soon! There is also the Harmattan Event Feed Library for Python which should make posting data to the event feed awesome. And if you really want to port your PySide apps to Android, try PySide for Android, which has just been released today. Yes, lots of stuff happening - expect more in the coming days/weeks Smile
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 21.Oct.2011 17:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.20, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.20 for Maemo 4 and Maemo 5, 2.950.14 for Harmattan
    gPodder 2.20 has been released. New packages are already available for Maemo 4 (in Extras) and Maemo 5 (in Extras-Testing). If you are using gPodder on Maemo 5, please test the package and vote for it on the package page, so it can get promoted to Extras when it has been tested by the community.

For all N950/N9 users: The Harmattan build of the gPodder QML UI is available for free in Ovi Store. The version available in Ovi Store is a development snapshot of the "tres" branch, where we will have an official release soon. I'm using it on a daily basis, and it's very stable and usable - new features will be added as we go along, so check out the new gPodder! You can grab the source code from the harmattan branch in our Git repository.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 20.Feb.2012 19:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.20.1, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.20.1 for Fremantle (N900) and Diablo (N8x0)
    Good news for all gPodder users on the N800, N810 and N900 - you just got another gPodder update. Version 2.20.1 is just a bugfix release, but fixes some problems with YouTube feeds and other issues (see the release announcement for details). Jonas Kölker has also backported a patch from gPodder 3 to add support for YouTube playlists, so you can subscribe to these too, now.

Just in case you easily get confused by Debian version numbers: The old release is "2.20-1" (version 2.20, package version 1) and the new one is "2.20.1-1" (version 2.20.1, package version 1). Note that dots and dashes are not the same thing.

The gPodder update is already available in Diablo Extras and has been promoted to Fremantle Extras-Testing, so please test it and rate it on the QA page.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 28.Sep.2012 10:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.20.2, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.20.2 for Maemo 4/5, gPodder 3.3.0 for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan
    gPodder 2.20.2 has been released today, and gPodder 3.3.0 has also been released. Version 2.20.2 is for users of Maemo 4 (N800/N810) and Maemo 5 (N900) and version 3.3.0 is for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan users (N950/N9).

The reason why another 2.x release comes out at this point in time is because YouTube downloading was broken by another website change recently, and of course we don't want to leave our good old Maemo users without their daily YouTube video fix. A full list of changes for Maemo 4 and 5 can be found in the 2.20.2 release announcement.

Version 3.3.0 for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan brings some nice features like download resuming, filters for unfinished files, scroll position improvements and display of the publish date and file size in the shownotes. Of course, 3.3.0 also includes the YouTube download fix. A full list of changes can be found in the 3.3.0 release annoucement.

As a side note, Maemo 5 support has now been completely removed from the master branch as of 3.3.0 (it has never been officially supported, but you could kind of run in on the N900 with some motivation and work). N900 users really wanting to use gPodder 3 should use it on Nemo Mobile, supporting gPodder 3 and its QML UI in Maemo 5 is just too much work, and the time working on gPodder is better spent improving the Harmattan version and making sure that the 2.x branch doesn't break.

Here's the run-down of the release status for various versions and targets:

gPodder 2.20.2 is ready for testing in Extras-Testing for Maemo 5 Fremantle.
    gPodder 2.20.2 is already in Extras for Maemo 4 Diablo.
    gPodder 3.3.0 has been uploaded to Nokia Store QA for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan.
    gPodder 3.3.0 has also been uploaded to the MeeGo Community OBS.
--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic