MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Swiss Manager (free) and Swiss Manager Pro

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: SE-W950i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16.Jun.2009 13:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
This entirely depends on marketability, that is on you guys.

I think that's not only on us, users. People always want to pay less money and get apps with more utilities at the same time, don't they?
Many of users choose free FastCall as a task manager, and X-plore as a file manager because it's three times cheaper now. Certainly SM is not only a task and file manager but these features are the main in it, aren't they?

Quote:
Well, I can't disagree with this.

so maybe the plans for SME 2.00 could still be reconsidered?
..by the way, "searching files" option in X-plore works not so good, so UIQ3 users haven't got any file manager app with the normally working "searching files" at all.
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Symbian

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16.Jun.2009 13:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
so maybe the plans for SME 2.00 could still be reconsidered?
There is always a chance... Smile

You could help us by specifying how the file search facility should work, that is:
- What data does the user enter before starting the search?
- How are the results displayed?
- What can the user do with the results?

Please mark each your items as either minimal requirement or nice-to-have feature. You could post it here or if you want send to our support Email address. Thx!
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16.Jun.2009 17:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
- What data does the user enter before starting the search?
- How are the results displayed?

I think it could be similar to EasySearch, with possibility to search for files and folders by any part of the name, even if this part is the inside of the sought name(1). The search could be invoked by tapping on the icon(2) (maybe the icon could be placed as the seventh one in the lower row of the icons) and by pressing on the shortcut key(2).

Quote:
- What can the user do with the results?

When the found file is tapped, it could either be opened (in this case possible operations may be placed to "info" menu, i.e. "i" icon) , or the pop-up menu with possible actions should appear.
Possible operations are:
Open (by system) (1), Go to file/folder (in file manager) (1), Copy (2), Move to (2), Delete (2), Info (with possibility to rename) (2), Mark found (2), Unzip (2)...

(1) - minimal requirement
(2) - nice-to-have feature

Quote:
There is always a chance

Just like a dream Smile Thanks a lot!
Maybe there is still a chance for GDesk and KeyLock to be invoked by SM global hotkey? Smile

_______
updated
Quote:
in this case possible operations may be placed to "info" menu, i.e. "i" icon

My mistake. Of course it would be better to place them to the menu that is opened by "More" softkey, excl. "Info", "Copy", "Move to" and "Delete" because there are already softkeys for them in the lower row of the icons.
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 17.Jun.2009 18:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for the ideas above, they will surely be used. However, I can't promise if file search or extra hot-key features will be included in SME 2.00.
makbil
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P900i, P990i, P1i, HTC Touch HD, HTC Desire HD

PostPosted: Wednesday, 17.Jun.2009 23:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

@Zed, are you familiar with Total Commander in WM? It has all the features I need, so translating to UIQ3:
- File search by entering first set of letters (file*.*) - High priority
- File search within file name (*file.* or ?file*.*) - would be good but not high priority
- Search for text within the file - wishful thinking I guess Wink

On selecting one of the files found, options to view properties/copy/move/open

SMP has one very big advantage over X-Plore, it's very easy to switch from phone memory to card memory, this would greatly enhance its usefulness.
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 18.Jun.2009 10:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
- File search by entering first set of letters (file*.*) - High priority
- File search within file name (*file.* or ?file*.*) - would be good but not high priority

If someone needs file search by entering first set of characters or extension ( xxx* or *.xxx) , X-plore is not so bad for it. I think high priority should also be for file search within file name, because such a kind of search is incorrect in X-plore: ?xxx* is horrible because "?" is equal just to one character, and *xxx* doesn't work at all.

@Zed
History of the search - nice-to-have feature...
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 02.Jul.2009 21:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Swiss Manager Elite is coming soon...

Last edited by Lisa@CPS on Friday, 03.Jul.2009 18:39; edited 1 time in total
ph
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
7 in 7 posts
Thanks given: 6

Phone: Currently: Nokia Lumia 930, previously: iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, Omnia HD, SE P1i, K750i, Nokia E71, HTC Pro, Nokia E90, P900, P910i, P990i

PostPosted: Friday, 03.Jul.2009 06:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Looks pretty cool. Are u guys going for S60 version too or u will start with regular SMP?
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 03.Jul.2009 18:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Let's continue in the SME thread soon to be opened.
BillBal
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia 701

PostPosted: Monday, 24.Jun.2013 23:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Lisa@CPS wrote:
[...]
Sure. There is an Exit item in its main menu so you can get rid of it any time.

Well, having recently put Swiss Manager Lite on my Nokia 701, and found it switches off my GPS every time my phone goes to sleep, so I tried to remove SML, and CANNOT !! It has hidden itself, my phone says there are no apps active, and the SML App icon has gone (so I cannot access the menu), but SML is still there, and I cannot get rid of it!! Before that final stage, I went into 'Apps active' and selected the red cross on SML LOTS of times, but while that worked perfectly for all other Apps, SML would NOT close down.
Swiss Manager Lite has become a virus on my phone.
Your help would be appreciated please,
BillBal
gymbo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
7 in 5 posts
Thanks given: 495

Phone: Nokia 9500 (two, one still in use as GPS-navigator), E90 (two, one as spare music player! and the other wasn't repaired and "changed" to->) and E7

PostPosted: Monday, 01.Jul.2013 19:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BillBal wrote:
[...]

Well, having recently put Swiss Manager Lite on my Nokia 701, and found it switches off my GPS every time my phone goes to sleep, so I tried to remove SML, and CANNOT !! It has hidden itself, my phone says there are no apps active, and the SML App icon has gone (so I cannot access the menu), but SML is still there, and I cannot get rid of it!! Before that final stage, I went into 'Apps active' and selected the red cross on SML LOTS of times, but while that worked perfectly for all other Apps, SML would NOT close down.
Swiss Manager Lite has become a virus on my phone.
Your help would be appreciated please,
BillBal

You could try to install it again, before trying to remove it...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128
Page 128 of 128

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic