MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
CSSU - Community Seamless Software Updates

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannycamps
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
86 in 57 posts
Thanks given: 9

Phone: Nokia 9000i, Nokia 9290, Nokia 9500, Nokia E90, Nokia N900, Nokia E7, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 1520

PostPosted: Thursday, 08.Sep.2011 06:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The N900 continues to live on with CSSU release 20.2010.36-2maemo16.5.

The most notable change in this release is full portrait desktop support as well as the ability to blacklist apps that do not rotate well (i.e. stock media player).

Also (finally) the transitions.ini is not overwritten with the new release but rather a separate file is provided that you need to copy/merge into the transitions.ini.

Full changelog is here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog#PR_1.3.3.7-10
stubble
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: 9500, E90 E72. N900

PostPosted: Friday, 09.Sep.2011 10:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

hello,

just wondering how to disable the auto rotate feature in the desktop ?

its very annoying to see your widgets and contacts haphazardly arranged in portrait mode, after a phone call.

it usually takes 1 second to revert to landscape mode. how to disable the desktop from rotation ?

thnx
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 326

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Friday, 09.Sep.2011 15:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I don't know the setting to stop desktop from rotating right now, but another hint:
you can sort your desktop widgets seperately for landscape and for portrait mode.
so once you've done that, they will at least be in proper order when rotating...
dannycamps
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
86 in 57 posts

Phone: Nokia 9000i, Nokia 9290, Nokia 9500, Nokia E90, Nokia N900, Nokia E7, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 1520

PostPosted: Friday, 09.Sep.2011 15:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

stubble wrote:
hello,

its very annoying to see your widgets and contacts haphazardly arranged in portrait mode, after a phone call.

it usually takes 1 second to revert to landscape mode. how to disable the desktop from rotation ?

thnx

I don't know if you can disable desktop rotation aside from using the rotation lock. Keep in mind that icon/widget placements are stored separately for landscape and portrait. So you will need to rearrange your icons and widgets in portrait mode (only need to do it once).

The benefit of this is that you can have completely different layouts for landscape and portrait modes.
N900_CRO
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Nokia N900

PostPosted: Saturday, 10.Sep.2011 11:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hello everyone, I have a one problem , when I try to update CSSU (Package 20.2010.36-2maemo16.6) update start but then I got a message

"To update your device to this version of the operating systemyou must use Nokia PC Suite on your PC. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable and launch the application"

Right from that message I got CREATE BACKUP

When I start PC program tells me that I allready have a newest software.

Whne I click details on update, and option Problems there is a message:

Unable to update Maemo 5 Community SSU Package
Application packages missing: maemo-optity-runones
Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test(4.7.0~git20100909-0maemo1+0m5)

I have install CSSU Features, when I try to open it i got another message:

Reading the confliguration settings gave a FATAL ERRPR while loading.Not all settings are available.

Exiting...

How can I fix this things???
dannycamps
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
86 in 57 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 10.Sep.2011 15:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

N900_CRO wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a one problem , when I try to update CSSU (Package 20.2010.36-2maemo16.6) update start but then I got a message

"To update your device to this version of the operating systemyou must use Nokia PC Suite on your PC. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable and launch the application"

Right from that message I got CREATE BACKUP

When I start PC program tells me that I allready have a newest software.

Whne I click details on update, and option Problems there is a message:

Unable to update Maemo 5 Community SSU Package
Application packages missing: maemo-optity-runones
Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test(4.7.0~git20100909-0maemo1+0m5)

I have install CSSU Features, when I try to open it i got another message:

Reading the confliguration settings gave a FATAL ERRPR while loading.Not all settings are available.

Exiting...

How can I fix this things???

MohammadAG (MAG) who is the lead of the CSSU initiative stated he made an error with the distribution list of the 16.5/16.6 release which causes the error you stated above (maemo-optify-runonces).

There is already a new version available which corrects this.

Do a refresh in app manager and try installing the most recent version.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: N900_CRO

Rob1n
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
5 in 5 posts
Thanks given: 29

Phone: E90, N800, N900

PostPosted: Saturday, 10.Sep.2011 23:55    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

stubble wrote:
hello,

thnx

You should be able to prevent the desktop from rotating by running:
Code:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock -t bool true

You can also prevent rotation of the whole core UI (desktop, launcher, etc) by doing:
Code:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false
ABCDKE
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
4 in 4 posts
Thanks given: 26

Phone: Xperia X Compact

PostPosted: Wednesday, 14.Aug.2013 15:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Guys, I want to install CSSU-S and Power Kernel. Which one goes first?
EDIT: I have carefully read every single word in this thread, and slow Modest and other problems made me give up about CSSU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic