MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
N9 auto answer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deixi
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: Nokia N9 , Jolla and I hate it

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.Jan.2015 13:50    Post subject: N9 auto answer   Reply with quote   

Hallo to all!
I am new so let me introduce me shortly.
I am male 52 living in Vienna Austria and N9 user.
Unfortunately I am not in computers at all, I am a user with no Computer skills at all.
I have a problem and am wondering if someone can help me.
Me beloved 2nd N9 (the first broke) is auto answering calls by itself after installing Auto answer from the ovistore. The phone does not ring any more but instead connects incoming calls automatic without even touching.So I deleted the Auto anwser app, but the problem stays.
Has anyone a Idea what I can do?
kind regards
deixi
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 113

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.Jan.2015 15:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

This program probably installs some daemon that runs as a background process. Even if you uninstall the program, the daemon continues to run. You have to install the program again and then configure it to not automatically answering calls. Then you can uninstall it again.

--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: deixi

deixi
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.Jan.2015 19:16    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I tried hat. But Auto answer from the ovistore dos not have a autorespond or auto answer mode. Dos the N9 habe a auto answer function which I never saw all the years?
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1092 in 696 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.Jan.2015 20:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

But Auto answer from the ovistore dos not have a autorespond or auto answer mode.

Why would the application be called "Auto Answer" if it wasn't providing auto answer functionality? Makes little sense...

I can't check it for you because I cannot locate any "Auto Answer" or "AutoAnswer" application for the N9 on the Ovi store. All I could find was EasyAnswer by Digia. Can you provide a link to the application you're talking about?

Anyway, as BentL wrote, if auto answering calls started after you installed that application (which is what you wrote in your first post) then it must have been that application which enabled it. So you need to reinstall that application and in its settings disable that auto answering functionality... unless that application was written so badly that it only enables that function once installed with no option to turn it off. If so, I'm afraid that you may need to reinstall the firmware of your phone to get rid of it.

---

P.S. As far as I can remember, some applications on MeeGo (epecially those which were modifying some system settings/functions) had their settings not in the application itself but instead they were adding their settings page to the system's general Settings application. So if you reinstall that application and you can't find any settings in it, go to your phone's Settings and look for that application's settings there.

naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
43 in 43 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9, Jolla 1], Current [Sony Xperia X Compact SFOS]

PostPosted: Thursday, 22.Jan.2015 12:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

If I recall it correctly there was an app called either auto answer or easy answer (as Michal said). This app was able to enable answering phone calls by just raising the phone to your ear (it was done by checking the proximity sensor).

As far as I remember the other availabe auto answer functionality was either built in or could be activated by an app and auto answered calls if a headset was connected.

deixi
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 25.Jan.2015 11:29    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

First of all Thank you to Michael Jerz and naytsyrhc. I was wrong the Appp was called Easy Answer and the other Yo contesto.
I gaot rid of the problem after I rebooted the phone a few times after deleting those Apps. Interesting was, that the phone always was set to normal after reboooting for about 2-3hours after that the Problem occured again. After the 5th or 6th rebbot it stayes normal, I do not know what is differnt now than by the fisrt tim, but it works again.

Thank you again Michal Jerz and naytsyrhc.!!!

The following users say THANKS! for this post: ginniec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic