MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Request for 2015 Nokia N9 firmware flash links, and more qs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harioh
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: N9

PostPosted: Sunday, 07.Jun.2015 07:10    Post subject: Request for 2015 Nokia N9 firmware flash links, and more qs   Reply with quote   

My beloved N9 has developed symptoms (contacts, photos, files, music have disappeared from UI though fingerterm reveals that they still exist, also those directories are now read only) that I've been unable to rectify. I am quite prepared now to reflash the FW except the links that Google brings up no longer seem to bring up valid/reliable downloads and steps. Hence, following questions--

1. On one of the threads on this board I noticed the mention of "Nemesis Suite" as a useful prerequisite and companion to Nokia Software Update. Is this the product at http://www.allflashfiles.net/2014/05/nemesis-service-suite-nss-downloa d-free.html ?

2. The Nokia updaters I've downloaded seem to have deprecated the N9. Can someone kindly point a reliable download link for the version of the updater for N9?

3. Am I correct in assuming that I should first use the nemesis suite to determine the FW file my phone needs, and then use this info to input into the updater (assuming I get a good link)?

Random remark: After the debacle (to my N9), I went ahead and acquired a BB passport. Based on one evening's play, it appears to me that the BB is powerful but that the N9 user experience will remain the king for now.

Thanks in advance for helping. (If my questions are already answered, my apologies. Please point me, and I will delete this post Smile
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
478 in 350 posts
Thanks given: 109

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Friday, 12.Jun.2015 16:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The developer's site for the Nemesis Service Suite was:

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/NSSDownloadLanding.htm

but this site now appears offline, so you can probably use the link you listed.

You should change the product code to for instance a Northern European product code in order to get the global firmware version (pr_001). This is assuming that you not already have the latest firmware version PR 1.3 for your existing product code. If this is the case and your firmware is not the global one, you cannot downgrade pr_xxx to pr_001.

You can update and re-install firmware with Nokia Suite 3.8.54, which can be downloaded from:

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/n9-software -update/

--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: harioh

harioh
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 18.Jun.2015 19:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:
The developer's site for the Nemesis Service Suite was:

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/NSSDownloadLanding.htm

but this site now appears offline, so you can probably use the link you listed.

You should change the product code to for instance a Northern European product code in order to get the global firmware version (pr_001). This is assuming that you not already have the latest firmware version PR 1.3 for your existing product code. If this is the case and your firmware is not the global one, you cannot downgrade pr_xxx to pr_001.

You can update and re-install firmware with Nokia Suite 3.8.54, which can be downloaded from:

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/n9-software -update/

--
Bent Laursen

Thanks for the Nokia updater link-- I will try it out.

According to the product code in the SIM tray, my N9 is the black 16GB Australian version. Downloaded firmware file is called:
E10C8FCB_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.299.1_PR_LEGACY_299_ARM_RM-696_P RD_signed

Is this pr1.2 or pr1.3 version? Based on your advice, are you saying it's not a good idea to install a non-eu PR1.2 version because it won't be upgradable to 1.3? And that I should instead install a north European (say Norway) version onto the phone?

Thanks again.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
478 in 350 posts
Thanks given: 109

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Friday, 19.Jun.2015 13:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The firmware file you listed is version 40.2012.21-3, which is PR 1.3, and the variant is pr_299, which is a local variant or an operator variant.

In order to see which firmware version you have installed on you N9, see:
  • Settings -> About product -> Version
--
Bent Laursen
harioh
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 04.Jul.2015 07:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nothing very new in this post but I wanted to document what worked for me in case later visitors find it useful.

1) I ended up manually downloading the 2 big firmware bin files from http://www.mrcrab.net/nokia/Nokia_N9.html?productID=4823499691&product Type=RM-696

2) I downloaded WinFlasher 3.12.1 from http://www.allflashfiles.org/2014/12/nokia-n9-flasher-3121-download-fr ee.html

3) The only flashing command that worked for me was
winflasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --no-preserve -R
where main.bin and emmc.bin are the renamed bin FW files. This command was particularly useful to me because the standard flashing commands do not work if there is memory corruption on the device (particularly if some filesystem is not mounted correctly). Data will be lost, so back up first.

Thanks all for the help.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: alltracboy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic