MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
New iPhone 4S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> iOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ph
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
7 in 7 posts
Thanks given: 6

Phone: Currently: Nokia Lumia 930, previously: iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, Omnia HD, SE P1i, K750i, Nokia E71, HTC Pro, Nokia E90, P900, P910i, P990i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 04.Oct.2011 23:41    Post subject: New iPhone 4S   Reply with quote   

In my view, nothing special. They have not went ahead of competition this time in either of the aspects. My Samsung Galaxy S2 still wins, apart from the physical design. Which I can live with. They need to try harder. On 11 October there is Samsung and Google event, said to present something more interesting than iP4S.

And this Android versus unjailbroken iOS competition - Android wins easily here...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-vs-the-smartphone-elite-g alaxy-s-ii-bionic-and-tita/
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1073 in 681 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05.Oct.2011 05:55    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Well, it has much improved hardware (dual-core processor, 8 MPix camera, 1080p video recording), but other than that there isn't anything exceptional. I think it's hard to bring new groundshaking features when they set so severe restrictions themselves. It surely is a nice and quite powerful device, but no longer an innovation. Actually, the only serious innovation was multitouch and smooth UI in 2007, and since then it's been a slow evolution...

With things like Swipe on the N9 and surely similar things coming soon from others (and multitouch screens now being used by everyone), the iOS UI slowly loses it's wow factor. Either Apple soon introduces something really new and groundshaking, or within the next year the iPhone will slowly start losing people's attention in favour of Android or even Windows Phone...
ph
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
7 in 7 posts
Thanks given: 6

Phone: Currently: Nokia Lumia 930, previously: iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S2 & 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, Omnia HD, SE P1i, K750i, Nokia E71, HTC Pro, Nokia E90, P900, P910i, P990i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05.Oct.2011 23:56    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

True. The new voice command thing on the iOS/iP4S looks like "something new & unseen, that will change our lives" but this reads like marketing stuff rather than something real.

Apple is slow these days. Even iTunes Music store launched in Poland now is late versus Nokia's Ovi, which is in addition much cheaper.
Mac
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia N76, iPhone 4

PostPosted: Wednesday, 19.Oct.2011 07:48    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Well. it hits 1 million for the first day preorder and 4 million for 3 days (or 4 days)?
hmm.. I Love You
N/A
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
30 in 26 posts
Thanks given: 20

Phone: N/A

PostPosted: Wednesday, 19.Oct.2011 08:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ph wrote:
True. The new voice command thing on the iOS/iP4S looks like "something new & unseen, that will change our lives" but this reads like marketing stuff rather than something real.

http://www.jonburg.com/future/2011/10/siri-and-the-looming-privacy-deb ate.html

Quote:
When you use Siri, the things you say will be recorded and sent to Apple to process your requests. Your device will also send Apple other information, such as your first name and nickname; the names, nicknames, and relationship with you (e.g., “my dad”) of your address book contacts; and song names in your collection (collectively, your “User Data”). All of this data is used to help Siri understand you better and recognize what you say. It is not linked to other data that Apple may have from your use of other Apple services. By using Siri, you agree and consent to Apple’s and its subsidiaries’ and agents’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing, and use of this information, including your voice input and User Data, to provide and improve Siri and other Apple products and services. If you have Location Services turned on, the location of your iOS Device at the time you make a request will also be sent to Apple to help Siri improve the accuracy of its response to your location-based requests. You may disable the location-based functionality of Siri by going to the Location Services setting on your iOS Device and turning off the individual location setting for Siri. You can also turn off Siri altogether at any time. To do so, open Settings, tap General, tap Siri, and slide the Siri switch to “off”. You may also restrict the ability to use Siri under the Restrictions Setting.

When using this, besides your contact info, Apple collects also info about all your music, or more or less eveyrything they label as "User Data".

They also say that they'll give it to its subsidiaries and agents, and can use it to improve this feature, but also other Apple products and services, without specifying what those other products and services are, and for whom. E.g., Apple could have a service for telemarketers, where they provide info about their users á la Facebook, or Google. They could also have a "service" for the US government, too.
dannycamps
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
86 in 57 posts
Thanks given: 9

Phone: Nokia 9000i, Nokia 9290, Nokia 9500, Nokia E90, Nokia N900, Nokia E7, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 1520

PostPosted: Thursday, 03.Nov.2011 16:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Recent reports are now showing that the iPhone 4S has copied the famed 'electric heater' mode from the N900 Smile

Quote:

...[the official] statement follows a rash of complaints in various online Apple forums from customers upset about battery woes on the new iPhone 4S. As previously reported in USA TODAY, users said they've lost as much as 15% of the battery power per hour, even when the phone is not in active use.

Affected customers experience full battery drain in less than 10-12 hours. Apple has confirmed that this is a software related issue. They have already released a beta update to developers (5.0.1) that supposedly resolves these problems.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-11-02/apple-acknowledges- iphone-battery-problems/51049458/1

The following users say THANKS! for this post: gymbo

mp1978
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P910i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Nov.2011 19:51    Post subject: Re: New iPhone 4S   Reply with quote   

I,ve got the pleasure of both phones. The S2 and 4s. i have too say 4s outclasses s2 any day. speed smoothness everything. 4s is better.
kgharshith
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: iphone4s, samsung edge

PostPosted: Tuesday, 13.Oct.2015 09:05    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Compare to iOS and android, iOS is far better to use and totally its amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> iOS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic