MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Nokia continues to FINISH OFF MeeGo, Symbian and ITSELF

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1073 in 681 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 07.Dec.2016 19:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'll be really curious to see how many people will pay extra just for the branding.

Also, people remembered Nokia as a maker of very sturdy devices. If these Chinese phones turn out to be average in terms of build quality and robustness, it may quickly kill the nostalgy.
MeowTseDong
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
7 in 7 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Nokia

PostPosted: Wednesday, 15.Feb.2017 12:26    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia resurrect the old Nokia 3310 again. I don't know if this is good idea. This phone against cheap Chinese Android phones in world where you assume you can surf the net on the phone.

It sounds they are trying to resurrect the former glory days with a phone that is today completely obsolete. If they choose the exact same phone that is.

Then possibly you can add a larger screen but then the phone becomes significantly larger.
ABCDKE
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 24

Phone: 700 4eva

PostPosted: Wednesday, 15.Feb.2017 16:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

If I saw a 17 years old phone being sold again, I'd laugh out loud to be honest, maybe buy one just for the lulz.
Wait, they're actually doing it? That's not a dumb idea from the depths of your brain? Shocked
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1073 in 681 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 15.Feb.2017 21:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

It sounds they are trying to resurrect the former glory days

I can't see how they could offer the original 3310's durability and sturdiness for a price that now people are now used to be paying for a cheap Chinese sh*t that totally wears out and breaks not later than the day warranty runs out. It takes a completely different manufacturing process and part quality, so it costs money.

Indeed, there are people who miss a very simple phone like the 3310, but mainly because of their nostalgy for its durability and sturdiness. Give them something that will break if you squeeze it a little bit too tight and their whole nostalgy will vanish.

So I'm afraid that either this phone will have to cost as much as smartphones (which I'm afraid not many people will want to pay) or it'll be a fragile piece of **** that will quickly kill the myth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic