MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Turing Phone Appassionato

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts
Thanks given: 109

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Wednesday, 22.Mar.2017 21:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Turing Robotic Industries also has the Turing Phone Appassionato under development, see newsletter:

Quote:
Wellcome 2017

Dear Turing Phone Fans,

Happy New Year! Season's Greetings from Turing Robotic Industries (TRI).

Today we would like to bring you a step closer into TRI's industrial design process. We are also making a pre-announcement of our new flagship phone due for release soon. TRI's design team sought to build the most unconventional but yet aesthetically pleasing phone for the most discerning customer. The meticulously chosen materials and the sleek contours are a direct result of TRI's industrial design DNA. Exquisite detailing and fine craftsmanship; it's a machine that blurs the border between human consciousness and bot automation.

TRI's designers have brought together the best practices in phone design by studying how a phone could interact between a real world environment layered on top of a virtual world. This enables our ability to explore both the real and the virtual world via Artificial Intelligence (AI). TRI is striving to define the true meaning and concept for a ground breaking mobile AI device. The first thing that came to mind was to define a new user interface, one that not only recognizes your words but understands your thoughts and able to identify you as an unique individual out of the 7.475 billion people on earth. TRI is working closely with KnuVerse, who specializes in successful voice authentication in real-world noisy environments, along with other strategic partners to design a Voice User Interface (VUI) that is able to authenticate a user in the realm of artificial intelligence.

These technological advancements are in the process of being integrated into our upcoming new flagship phone, the Turing Phone Appassionato. The Appassionato isn't a concept phone nor is it an experimental device. TRI has been developing this new flagship phone for the past year. Some of the features of the Appassionato include TRI's signature Liquidmorphium (liquid-metal) composite alloy material as well as a more polished and luminous surface produced from Sapphire glass. It also comes with State-of-the-art craftsmanship along with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 and 6GB RAM. Thanks to the additional emphasis on security and data encryption for Nougat (Android 7.0) as well as the overwhelming demand for an Android based Turing Phone, TRI has decided to use this platform for the Appassionato. A Sailfish OS version will be released at a later date.

To avoid potential delays this year, TRI is working with a very reputable and respected smartphone ODM partner to perform testing and certifications leading up to the final assembly of the Turing Phone Appassionato. We are also adding more professionals to our experienced team to better serve you and to rectify issues you may have encountered with our first generation Turing Phone.

We are also pleased to announce that starting today, you can now follow Turing Life at the following social media pages:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

Please stay tuned for more exciting developments from TRI. We wish you all the best this holiday season.

Sincerely,

Syl Chao

CEO | Turing Robotic Industries

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 22.Mar.2017 21:48    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Turing Robotic Industries will showcase the Turing Phone Appassionato at the NY Luxury Technology Show, see Digital Journal:

Quote:
NY Luxury Technology Show to Host Exclusive Debuts

RAND Luxury’s 2017 Luxury Technology Show is ready to showcase in New York on March 23, 2017. The world's finest luxury technology brands will be displaying their latest, best-in-class products and services to affluent consumers and the press. These VIP guests, retail executives, media and entertainment industry professionals will have an outstanding opportunity to experience signature cocktails, fine wine and hors d'oeuvres from while interfacing with tech's most future-looking innovators and products. The show will premiere the latest innovations from Turing Robotic Industries, Thiel Audio, Blackberry, simplehuman, ONO 3D, Tidal Force and over 40 other companies.

Brand ambassadors from a wide variety of industries will again be on site to highlight their latest technology. Product categories will include, but are not limited to: photography, smart watches, robotics, wearable technology, 3D printing, home & business automation, high-end personal audio, exquisite home appliances, technology-advanced performance automobiles, smart watches, and wellness & fitness devices. A few of the premieres to be unveiled at the 2017 LTS include:

Turing Robotic Industries (TRI), The LTS’s Presenting Sponsor will provide a sneak peek into the Turing Phone Appassionato, the world’s first Amplified Intelligence Android mobile phone built from Liquidmorphium alloy with DLC (diamond like carbon) coating with a software platform focusing on small data and digital privacy to present the best experience in mobile luxury tech. T.R.I. is working with world class partners to manufacture the Turing Phone Appassionato that is due for distribution by September 2017.

[...]

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 13.Apr.2017 15:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Turing Robotic Industries is partnering with TCL to make the Turing Phone Appassionato, see The Verge:

Quote:
Turing's latest phone comes with a digital assistant called Sir Alan

The company is partnering with TCL to make the Turing Phone Appassionato

For a company that calls itself a phone maker, Turing Robotics Industries (TRI) doesn’t have a great reputation when it comes to actually shipping phones. The firm’s first handset, the “ultra-secure” Turing Phone, was repeatedly delayed, and when it did finally reach consumers, came with a different operating system to the one originally advertised (Sailfish instead of Android). That’s perhaps why TRI announced today that it’s partnering with Chinese tech company TCL to make the Turing Phone Appassionato.

TCL is one of the world’s largest phone makers, selling devices under a number of brands including Alcatel and BlackBerry. According to TRI CEO Syl Chao, this expertise — along with “invaluable feedback” gathered from owners of the first Turing Phone — will help TRI improve its mobile offerings in 2017.

As with previous devices announced by TRI, the Appassionato (which was “soft-launched” earlier this year) sounds gratuitously high end. According to TRI’s spec sheet, it’ll be constructed from the metal alloy Liquidmorphium; will feature a diamond-like carbon coating providing a “high-tech ceramic feel”; and will use ultra-strong sapphire glass for its display. That’s the same material that Apple uses for its camera lenses, and that the iPhone maker failed to manufacture in large enough quantities for its own displays.

The Appassionato will also come with a digital assistant and concierge service dubbed “Sir Alan,” which will combine traditional voice controls and on-call human helpers to offer “an intimate yet intelligent experience.” TRI says it aims to ship the phone to customers in September this year, and that the device will come in two variants — the “elite” PX8, costing $1,099; and the “premium-luxury edition” GX8, costing $1,599. It’s not clear at this point what distinguishes the two models.

All this, though, should be taken with a hearty, hearty pinch of salt. Even after the Turing Phone reached consumers, reviewers were not impressed with the device, and TRI doesn’t appear to even sell it anymore. (The company’s website says “the current pre-order period has come to an end.”) And since the Turing Phone launched, the company seems to have been sustaining itself on PR vapors, releasing laughably ambitious plans for future devices that promise customers features like 60-megapixel cameras, 18GB of RAM, triple Snapdragon SoCs, and hydrogen fuel cells for batteries.

The Appassionato looks like a sane device by comparison, but even with the help of TCL, it remains to be seen if Turing can actually ship it as promised.

--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic