MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Request for support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 15.Nov.2017 18:42    Post subject: Request for support   Reply with quote   

We've talked a lot about donations lately regarding apps for Jolla but this time I need to ask for people's help regarding the site.

The current server subscription period ends beginning of December, so in order to keep the site online for another year I will have to pay another subscription fee. Otherwise, I'm afraid that I will have to take it down.

I will need to collect around 150 Euros for that. It would cover another year, i.e. until December 2018.

I cannot promise that the site will soon become active again, because we all know what is the situation with Jolla and BlackBerry, so there is still nothing to cover. But as long as the site isn't deleted, if something changes in the future there's always a chance to go on. Besides, it still remains a place where those few remaining of us can meet and talk from time to time, and it would be great to preserve its whole contents even just for historical or reference purposes. But for this I need to reach out for your support as I just have no funds to cover it myself so the only alternative is to delete it next month.

Shortly speaking, if there are still a few persons who would be willing to donate a few bucks and keep the site alive for another year, then PLEASE do.

The paypal address is paypal (at) my-symbian.com.

Any amounts are warmly welcome. So far I've received 10 EUR from naytsyrhc, who voluntarily donated before I even asked. Thank you naytsyrhc! So there's around 140 EUR to collect left...

I really hope that there are still some people left who can help, even with small donations. Thank you very much in advance. In case of any questions please PM me.
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 323

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Friday, 17.Nov.2017 14:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I hope you have received more donations than answers in this topic so far...
As last time, I'm happy to help with a little donation to keep this site going.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Friday, 17.Nov.2017 20:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Got it, thank you! So far I got 10 EUR from Naytsyrhc (before even asking) and 40 EUR from you, so it's 1/3rd of the needed amount collected so far. THANK YOU SO MUCH guys for your continued support, especially now that the site cannot offer much in exchange. If the situation ever changes, please be sure that I will repay all your help.

P.S. Of course, it is the same few helpful persons as in all the past years who donated (which deserves even more gratitude!), but no one else, despite >200 views. While I have no choice but to ask for this kind of support when it comes to keeping the site going, this is exactly what stops me from releasing any apps for Sailfish OS on a donation based model. It just wouldn't work, as this thread shows.

Anyway, once again, thank you very much Naytsyrhc and Casanunda!
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 19.Nov.2017 18:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

So guys, is there no one else but those two persons who could help to keep the site going for another year? I've only got 9 days left and 1/3rd of the needed amount... Neutral ANY donations are warmly welcome.... I will not be able to cover those remaining 2/3rds myself in my current situation. Please participate...
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 22.Nov.2017 05:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I got two more donations: around 17 EUR and around 10 EUR (Paypal now automatically converts currencies so I don't know what were the original amounts). So the total amount collected so far is around 80 EUR, i.e. more than HALF of what's needed for the yearly server/hosting fee keeping the site online until the end of 2018.

Thank you very much horror for your donation!

I don't know the other person's username and cannot identify his account on the forum. I sent an email but it was rejected by the server. I would like to personally thank you and credit you on the forums so please contact me by Private Message or in any other way!
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 23.Nov.2017 19:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The second donor's user name was v-vdg.

I also got a 25 EUR donation from jApi NL.

Thank you so much, guys!

So now we're at ~ 105 EUR with just ~ 45 EUR missing.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 27.Nov.2017 02:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Kleuter has just donated 25 EUR. So the total amount is now ~ 130 EUR.

THANK YOU SO MUCH friends!
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.Dec.2017 05:29    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Desmo74 has donated 20 EUR, thanks to which the whole needed amount of 150 EUR has been reached!

Thank you Desmo74 and thank you so much everyone else who donated! The full list of those who donated is as follows:

naytsyrhc
Casanunda
horror
v-vdg
jApi NL
Kleuter
Desmo74

The site has been preserved for yet another year thanks to THOSE SEVEN GENEROUS AND HELPFUL PEOPLE, mostly the same ones as in all the previous years.

THANK YOU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic