MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Convert 9110 contacts.txt to Outlook?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> GEOS Communicators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dippy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: None

PostPosted: Thursday, 23.Dec.2004 02:04    Post subject: Convert 9110 contacts.txt to Outlook?   Reply with quote   

Lost my 9110, and bought a P910.

Out of all the files tucked away in the backup, the one I'd really like to import to the P910 is the contacts file. This has the separate contacts.txt file.

How do I get this into Outlook? I've tried saving as a .csv and importing, but Outlook wants an .msi file which I don't have, so it refuses to complete the conversion. I've tried some freeware called Dawn, but that doesn't want to work either.

Does anyone have a solution? Did I just wait too long between technologies?

Many thanks

Dippy
N/A
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
31 in 27 posts
Thanks given: 20

Phone: N/A

PostPosted: Thursday, 23.Dec.2004 09:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Outlook, at least on my machine, when I select "File" -> "Import and Export..." allows me to import a vCard file (.vcf), an iCalendar or vCalendar (.vcs) file, and also select "Import from another program or file".

If the latter is selected, then there's a list of a bunch of different formats, including CSV (Comma Separated Values/Variables) and Tab Separated Values, etc.
febo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: nokia 9500

PostPosted: Tuesday, 28.Dec.2004 18:56    Post subject: Re: Convert 9110 contacts.txt to Outlook?   Reply with quote   

Dippy wrote:

hi dippy
on my opinion if u want 2exchange your contacts..
u should sync at first your 9110 with your pc (outlook) and then re-sync again your p910 to your oulook. It ought 2work...
let me know..

take care..
fabio

Out of all the files tucked away in the backup, the one I'd really like to import to the P910 is the contacts file. This has the separate contacts.txt file.

How do I get this into Outlook? I've tried saving as a .csv and importing, but Outlook wants an .msi file which I don't have, so it refuses to complete the conversion. I've tried some freeware called Dawn, but that doesn't want to work either.

Does anyone have a solution? Did I just wait too long between technologies?

Many thanks

Dippy
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Dec.2004 00:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

febo,

What's the point in quoting several kilobytes of someone else's post without adding a single word? Enlighten me....
bret

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia 9300

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Dec.2004 01:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

It's just a faulty quotation. He quoted himself and Dippy at the same time.
febo
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: nokia 9500

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Dec.2004 12:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

sorry Michael
I haven't realized that.
I will be more accurate next time.
f
vesely
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N9210i, N9500, N7650, SX1, N6680, N7710, P910i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Dec.2004 19:23    Post subject: Re: Convert 9110 contacts.txt to Outlook?   Reply with quote   

Dippy wrote:

Dippy

Dippy, do you have your N9110 contacts exported into TXT file or only in backup as a *.000 binary file?

If TXT, you can use the tool called Nokia Database Converter (on the N9110 CD), that is able to convert the N9000/9110 contacts TXT file into Excel, etc. (Note: the conversion could be lossy).

Or, you can use application "9000data.exe", that is able to import/export N9000 contcats data.

If you use Mutt client, you can use also this converter:
http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/PerlMail/
Dippy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: None

PostPosted: Monday, 03.Jan.2005 01:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

N/A, that's what I was talking about, but once I try the import other files, that's when it asks for the disk.

So far, vesely is way ahead with the prize money Mr. Green Many thanks! Have successfully converted into Excel using the Database Converter, and a tidy conversion it seems to be, too.

I still have to get the Excel conversion into Outlook - once again, Outlook Import wants the disk Sad - but I understand a work colleague can lend me his disk so I'll see if I can do it in the next few days.

If not, I'll be back on here...

Desperately hoping to spend more time on the SE forums asking about the P910, wasn't expecting this hiccup!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> GEOS Communicators All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic