MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
The future of SMan and the new UIQ3 platform.

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajack
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
23 in 10 posts
Thanks given: 22

Phone: P800, P990, P1i, N900, Xperia Pro

PostPosted: Saturday, 19.Aug.2006 06:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
THANK YOU ajack and droll for your continued interest in bringing us one of the most essential utilities for the UIQ 2 platform! Please, do not hestitate to contact me if there's ANYTHING My-Symbian can do to help you with the development of the UIQ 3 version!

Hi Michal,

If you could help us secure non-SE units that use UIQ3, I would appreciate it. A good example is UIQ2, I had access to Sony Ericsson and Motorola phones only so SMan users on other platforms keep asking me questions and yet they do not want to help me create an SMan profile for the benefit of other users with the same model. Sad

If you could persuade UIQ or Symbian to pay for the signing of SMan, that would be greatly appreciated (so we don't have to wait for the free signing)... Very Happy
fijbert
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P990i x 2, N70

PostPosted: Saturday, 19.Aug.2006 06:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
THANK YOU ajack and droll for your continued interest in bringing us one of the most essential utilities for the UIQ 2 platform! Please, do not hestitate to contact me if there's ANYTHING My-Symbian can do to help you with the development of the UIQ 3 version!

one of? I consider it the most essential utility Smile

looking forward to the release of this guys. my P990i is still not in yet (stuck at customs!!) and this was the first software I searched for...
N/A
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
31 in 27 posts
Thanks given: 20

Phone: N/A

PostPosted: Saturday, 19.Aug.2006 08:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ajack wrote:
non-SE units that use UIQ3
So far, there hasn't been a single manufacturer besides Sony Ericsson that has even announced any UIQ3 devices.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Saturday, 19.Aug.2006 12:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

If you could help us secure non-SE units that use UIQ3

As N/A wrote, I haven't heard of any other company but SE to license UIQ 3.

Quote:

If you could persuade UIQ or Symbian to pay for the signing of SMan, that would be greatly appreciated (so we don't have to wait for the free signing)...

Well, as soon as you have some initial version ready for signing please just let me know and I will ask my SE and Symbian contacts if they can help with signing. If not sponsor the commercial signing then maybe at least help with faster freeware signing. Just let me know when it's ready and I will do my best to help.
ajack
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
23 in 10 posts
Thanks given: 22

Phone: P800, P990, P1i, N900, Xperia Pro

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Aug.2006 06:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

We just got a copy of CodeWarrior 3.1... Mr. Green
droll
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Aug.2006 06:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

shapur: it'll take a while. we're currently having a look at the changes in UIQ3 now. looks like the UI really has changed quite a bit. plus the underlying security model is something we have to consider.

first thing for us to do is produce a rudimentary task manager while we learn the ins and outs of UIQ3. once we're over the learning curve, it'll be full speed ahead. Smile
shahpur
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: R380i, P800i, M600i

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Aug.2006 12:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

droll wrote:
shapur: it'll take a while. we're currently having a look at the changes in UIQ3 now. looks like the UI really has changed quite a bit. plus the underlying security model is something we have to consider.

first thing for us to do is produce a rudimentary task manager while we learn the ins and outs of UIQ3. once we're over the learning curve, it'll be full speed ahead. Smile

thanks for the info. i will donate some bucks as soon as we have something testable:), because if there is a freeware-app that deserves donation, its sman.
darksmiler
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P910i

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Aug.2006 16:49    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

A big thanks to ajack and droll.
Sman is THE essential application for UIQ2 and I'm sure it will be for UIQ 3.

Now all I need is a P990!

Very Happy
droll
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Aug.2006 17:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

just picked up an m600 and a very basic task manager compiled and running.
shahpur
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: R380i, P800i, M600i

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Aug.2006 17:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

droll wrote:

great news! if you keep up this speed, we will have a full fledged sman by next weekend Smile
woodward
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: p910i,SE M600i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Aug.2006 11:37    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

droll wrote:

Wow you work fast, i wish the software department where i work could get things moving that fast Laughing
sl33pyhead
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990i, N95

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Aug.2006 12:12    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

@droll/ajack - One feature that I think would be ideal for SMan UIQ3 would be a network information tool. Currently when using the WLan on the P990i there is no way of either renewing your IP address, or even finding out what your current IP/DNS/Gateway information is, and sometimes this information is pretty useful. I would be great if SMan could tell you this information.
Spawn
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: SE W810i, SE K800i, Nokia N95

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Aug.2006 12:48    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

sl33pyhead wrote:
@droll/ajack - One feature that I think would be ideal for SMan UIQ3 would be a network information tool. Currently when using the WLan on the P990i there is no way of either renewing your IP address, or even finding out what your current IP/DNS/Gateway information is, and sometimes this information is pretty useful. I would be great if SMan could tell you this information.

Seconded, would be a nifty feature if it coculd be implemented within Sman.
Looking forward to getting this excellent piece of software for my p990i.
ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P1i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Aug.2006 17:05    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

guys, another neat feature would be to find a way of activating the hardware accelaration that appears with the video on background trick, from inside SMAN Smile
mi2ke
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990 KERN EXEC

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Aug.2006 17:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Cool, you guys rock! I'd like to point out another idea. How about a feature which gives us the possibility to further decreases the font size?
I would definitly buy that.

Here you'll see the demand for such an option Smile
http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27914
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic