MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
The future of SMan and the new UIQ3 platform.

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tecmobility
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P910, M600

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Aug.2006 17:25    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I am personally activating or deactivating the GSM only /GSM-UMTS function which needs to go quite deep in the menu; I would like to see it in SMAN
ares
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P1i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Aug.2006 17:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i think you can put a shortcut for that in the activity menu
shahpur
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: R380i, P800i, M600i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Aug.2006 17:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

don't want to be rude, but guys, the devs stated that the first sman version will be a taskmanager+filemanager. NOT much more extras.

but this thread now somehow looks more like a "wish" list regarding everything thats possible. And its like SMAN should inherit every feature possible, so please also make a today plugin and a calendar that can match up with pocketinformant on WM5.0 devices Wink

back to topic: i hope the development of sman will maintain its speed, thats more important to me than some extra gimmicks. (although the option to turn of the freaking fade effect when scrolling is highly welcome Smile)
ajack
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
23 in 10 posts
Thanks given: 22

Phone: P800, P990, P1i, N900, Xperia Pro

PostPosted: Sunday, 27.Aug.2006 17:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

@all:

An update, I just spoke to Droll today and we have decided to re-think our SMan UIQ3 stratergy. Basically, we will be working on (for the initial version) a Task Manager only. This meets a few needs, they are:

1. The Task Manager does not need the application to be signed (we think, so far).
2. We can release the application real quickly, since there seems to be a need for it.
3. We will work with the UIQ3 interface, since we plan to do a proper standard UIQ3 interface.

We may also add other things into SMan which does not need the signed certificate to work and focus on the signed stuff later. We are also looking into the possibility of supporting portrait mode UIs only. Our biggest challenge right now is to see how we can add in the "Fn" and "Do" buttons into the UIQ3 framework as we realized that we do not have much control over the UI unlike UIQ2.x framework.

In short, SMan initial may only be a Task Manager and adding other things to SMan will come later and we will try to include things that do not need SMan to be signed to work first before looking at the signed bits. Hope this explains everything.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1092 in 696 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Sunday, 27.Aug.2006 17:54    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

2. We can release the application real quickly, since there seems to be a need for it.

Yeah! We need it badly! Especially the Flush/Compact memory funtion.

Quote:

3. We will work with the UIQ3 interface, since we plan to do a proper standard UIQ3 interface.

Please, do not forget about the FC mode for P990i!

Quote:

In short, SMan initial may only be a Task Manager and adding other things to SMan will come later

Right choice! This way users will get a proper task manager (which is one of the most needed functions) very quickly, without having to wait for the app to be Symbian Signed, which takes weeks if not months, and you'll have a lot of time to work on future enhancements.
prart
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: N900, P900, P910i

PostPosted: Sunday, 27.Aug.2006 20:49    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

but what about new uiq 2.x version Rolling Eyes ?
ajack
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
23 in 10 posts
Thanks given: 22

Phone: P800, P990, P1i, N900, Xperia Pro

PostPosted: Monday, 28.Aug.2006 04:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

prart wrote:

We will be releasing SMan v1.5 soon. Very Happy
prart
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: N900, P900, P910i

PostPosted: Monday, 28.Aug.2006 08:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ajack wrote:
[...]We will be releasing SMan v1.5 soon. Very Happy

yayayayayayayayaaaaaay! great - can`t wait.
woodward
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: p910i,SE M600i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 29.Aug.2006 14:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

prart wrote:

shush we need the UIQ 3 version Twisted Evil
bloob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: X1i, P1i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 30.Aug.2006 03:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yeah, I think the UIQ3 version is more urgent, since there is already a stable UIQ2.x version in place.

The memory flush/compact function is very essential now since the P990i prefers to reboot to "improve system performance" every so often (about once a day so far).
tankee531
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia E90, SE P990i, BB 8800 & 8707

PostPosted: Wednesday, 30.Aug.2006 04:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

agree with Bloob, there's definitely more urgency for UIQ 3 since there is a stable version for UIQ 2
droll
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Sep.2006 11:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

oh bad news. task manager needs to be signed if you do forced end task. Sad the task manager is coming along nicely. initial tests show a lot more stuff running on the phone now than on UIQ2.0. i've manage to get at most 28% of system memory free. Sad compacting memory doesn't seem to have much effect on the running tasks but it does free up a little bit of system memory.

i was hoping we could avoid the signing portion. Sad
dreamteam
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Sep.2006 11:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

droll,

develop SMAN as much as you could for UIQ3, sign it and sell it for a reasonible amount of money (I don´t want to put a number here to avoid to get too much preassure Wink )

I installed SMAN since it was out on my phone, but was too lazy to spent some money for it, but if I have to, I would!

On my P910 I am using SMAN not quite frequent any more because I am using other tools, but from time to time I am happy that SMAN is still there.

dreamteam

droll wrote:
oh bad news. task manager needs to be signed if you do forced end task. Sad the task manager is coming along nicely. initial tests show a lot more stuff running on the phone now than on UIQ2.0. i've manage to get at most 28% of system memory free. Sad compacting memory doesn't seem to have much effect on the running tasks but it does free up a little bit of system memory.

i was hoping we could avoid the signing portion. Sad
s.t.s

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: History[P900, P910i] Current [M600i]

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Sep.2006 13:13    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

droll, glad to hear you are making progress but it is a shame you can't avoid the Symbian Signed element (is that because of the hardware call related to flip-close flush?) It would be really great to see a version available sooner rather than later even if it is missing the stuff that you need SS for as I think malbry put forward a couple of apps for freeware signing about a month ago and as yet does not appear to have had much of a response Sad

Do you now have both a M600i and P990 to test on? For "flip-close flush" (if you are going to be able to recreate this) I was wondering if you could assign this to the "long back" to return to "Activity" screen in the M600 what with it not having a flip to close Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the update and keep us posted on any developments Very Happy
malbry
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

Phone: P800, P900, M600i, P990i, P1i, 5800XM

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Sep.2006 13:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

I think malbry put forward a couple of apps for freeware signing about a month ago and as yet does not appear to have had much of a response

What happened was that I submitted jZip for Symbian Signing and waited and waited. After about 5 weeks, I sent an email asking what was happening. They said: "oh, there's a mismatch on the vendor name, so we have failed your application" (they didn't bother to tell me). Then I discovered that I can self-sign all CDC Java applications - at least all the ones that I've tried. So no more Symbian Signed for me.

As I wrote elsewhere in the forum, there are versions of jZip and jText for M600i owners. The current firmware for the P990i has a bug which prevents any CDC Java applications working. SE tells me that a new P990i firmware due shortly will fix the problem - at which time I will officially release these applications.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 3 of 35

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic