MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
P1i not charging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razvan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

PostPosted: Friday, 19.Mar.2010 11:15    Post subject: P1i not charging   Reply with quote   

Hello.

Since yesterday, my 2 year old p1i would not charge up anymore.

Everything was fine until I noticed the 12% battery charge and hooked the phone to the charger. Then, the charging led went on red (instead of green) and stayed on even after disconnecting the charger. After removing / reinserting the battery (and not being connected to the charger), the red led is still on and the phone starts up like it does when it is powered off and plugged into the charger (screen on and charging battery animation). The fastport connector contacts are clean and the dcu-60 cable doesn't work either.

Despite the animated icon, the battery is *not* charging and draining quite fast. I've found several similar complaints on the net but no clear answer regarding the issue causing it. I presume it could be a damaged component of the charging circuit in the phone or a glitch in the charging logic caused maybe by a corruption of the eeprom/firmware. If it's not a firmware problem I'd rather not reflash it. The phone is still working and I just backed it up with the se suite.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
krischik
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Thanks received:
11 in 6 posts
Thanks given: 21

Phone: Nexus One, p990i, p900

PostPosted: Friday, 19.Mar.2010 13:54    Post subject: P990i not chargeing   Reply with quote   

Hmm, strange my P990i just developed the same problems as of last week. I could only recharge using USB - which is painful once the battery runs flat.

Also it went from 80% change to off in just two short phone calls. And it did so more then once.

Since I need my phone I finally replaced it with a Nexus One. I really hoped I could keep it until Symbian^4 but here you are.
looser
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P1i

PostPosted: Friday, 26.Mar.2010 00:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

its a pain, but the chargers really often have to be replaced, I had this three or four times until now, mostly I had the suspect, as it charged very slowly, and replaced the charger, last time I went mad, as battery showed once 80-90% and discharged in a few hours, maybe next day it didn`t charge at all or all night up to 30%, so I replaced battery, reset battery status in phone, nothing, well, until I bought again a new charger, voila, still the nearly 3 years old original battery working like a charme...
krischik
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Thanks received:
11 in 6 posts
Thanks given: 21

Phone: Nexus One, p990i, p900

PostPosted: Friday, 26.Mar.2010 08:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

looser wrote:
until I bought again a new charger, voila, still the nearly 3 years old original battery working like a charme...

I have a charger at work and at home. Unlikely they both failed the very same day. But still: thanks for the hind. It might help others.

Martin

PS: I like the Nexus - it's really cool. Nokia really has to hurry with Symbian^4 and MeGoo. They should not have sacked the UIQ programmers but integrated them into the OpenSymbian team.

My personal 2 cent: Sacking the UIQ team was the turning point - but not to the better but into right the doom.
ajack
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
23 in 10 posts
Thanks given: 22

Phone: P800, P990, P1i, N900, Xperia Pro

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.Apr.2010 08:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

krischik wrote:

They should not have sacked the UIQ programmers but integrated them into the OpenSymbian team.

My personal 2 cent: Sacking the UIQ team was the turning point - but not to the better but into right the doom.

Nods in agreement...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic