MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Swiss Manager (free) and Swiss Manager Pro

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 126, 127, 128  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anagarika
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 4

Phone: Currently: HTC TyTn II, N900; Previously: M600i R6A16

PostPosted: Monday, 08.Jun.2009 11:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Elite Now that's a term ..

Makbil, I thought you're totally on WM now Very Happy
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Symbian

PostPosted: Monday, 08.Jun.2009 13:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Anagarika wrote:
Elite Now that's a term
It is intended to refer to the elite group of power-users who persevere with the arguably most advanced smartphone platform.
makbil
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P900i, P990i, P1i, HTC Touch HD, HTC Desire HD

PostPosted: Monday, 08.Jun.2009 16:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Anagarika wrote:
Elite Now that's a term ..

Makbil, I thought you're totally on WM now Very Happy

Yeah, I did cross over to the "other side" but I still use my P990 and P1 with affection Cool
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: SE-W950i

PostPosted: Monday, 08.Jun.2009 16:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
The slowdown is not that big, and it only occurs if the X-key keyboard is in landscape orientation.

The text is larger the slowdown is bigger, and the slowdown is huge if the icon is on the standard virtual keyboard (some people like to use SMP icon at the foot of the screen)
Quote:
SMP can not detect when this occurs, because X-key does not switch the screen to landscape, instead only displays itself in that orientation.

Maybe it's possible to detect the tapping on the virtual keyboard icon and make SMP icon hidden if any kind of virtual keyboard appears?
Quote:
However, you can switch off the SMP icon any time by tapping on the icon and then Tools/Hide icon.

I know that, and know about possibility to hide SMP icon by long tapping on the icon. But it's not too convenient to hide icon this way each time before appearance of the keyboard, is it?...
Thanks anyway
_________
Quote:
Swiss Manager (Free Edition) 1.80 has been released.

Great news! Smile
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 08.Jun.2009 20:12    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
make SMP icon hidden if any kind of virtual keyboard appears?
That might be possible to do, certainly as an option - we are researching what can be done.
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 08.Jun.2009 22:44    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
certainly as an option

Thanks, that would be the best way. Certainly the icon should appear automaticly while the keyboard disappears.
Another suggestion: adding global hotkey for calling Swiss mgr and shortcuts for copy, paste etc
..and built-in zip, unzip, unrar would be really useful Smile
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 10.Jun.2009 12:25    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Icon hide on virtual keyboard: just implemented.
Hotkey and key shortcuts: will be included.
Unzip: possible.
Zip and unrar: improbable.
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 10.Jun.2009 16:54    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
Icon hide on virtual keyboard: just implemented.
Hotkey and key shortcuts: will be included.
Unzip: possible.

Great Smile
Quote:
Zip and unrar: improbable.

Sad Sad
Quote:
Hotkey and key shortcuts:

And maybe global hotkeys for Gdesk and built-in KeyLock (or BigBen, or both of them) too? For example: first short/long pressing (the hotkey) calls Swiss mgr. If the same hotkey is pressed in Swiss mgr as foreground then it opens GDesk or locks keys (this way would be quite convenient with "Back" or "Play/Pause" as the long pressed hotkey). And the contrary long/short pressing could be used for one more action (the same keylocking or GDesk for instance)
..maybe much more hotkeys with customizable actions have been included yet? )
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 10.Jun.2009 18:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for sharing your ideas. SM Elite will contain as many new features over SMP as reasonably possible. However, your last paragraph seems to rather refer to some generic key-mapper application, which is not within the scope of Swiss Manager.
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 10.Jun.2009 22:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
However, your last paragraph seems to rather refer to some generic key-mapper application, which is not within the scope of Swiss Manager.

Maybe so, but unfortunately there's no such an app for UIQ3 phones that lets use "Back", "Walkman", "Play/Pause" etc keys as hotkeys to call another apps (excl. FastCall, but it's unstable; LongCuts doesn't support these keys), or use built-in KeyLock with a hotkey if Standby menu (zam) is closed.
By the way, Swiss mgr has possibilities to launch apps by long tapping on the icon and start BigBen via Task menu>Tools. Maybe a hotkey for them is within the scope of SM as well ? Smile
There are not so many keys on W/G phones, and if SM uses a certain key as a short/long hotkey for itself then the same key can not be used as the contrary long/short hotkey by another app because of possible conflicts, can it?
I've thought that Swiss mgr, BigBen and GDesk are very friendly apps and supplement each other, so it would be very handy to use a hotkey as described above if Swiss mgr already has the global hotkey for itself... maybe i'm not right )
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 12.Jun.2009 08:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I understand your demand and arguments. However, the normal function of a hotkey is to invoke the application's main view (or some of its additional features). This is how SME's hotkey will work.

You are right that Swiss Manager can provide access to any application when long-pressing its status icon. However, that's just one trigger-action pair. Your idea is to provide a separate app launch for every key on the device, which can be more than 20 pairs on a qwerty-phone. Such facility is indeed better handled by a standalone application, written for that particular purpose. Swiss Manager already has quite composite services, but it does not want to be the "all-in-one utility".
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 12.Jun.2009 09:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
Your idea is to provide a separate app launch for every key on the device, which can be more than 20 pairs on a qwerty-phone.

No, no, my idea was just to use only one (the same) key as a hotkey to invoke SME, GDesk and built-in KeyLock (or BigBen).
This
Quote:
..maybe much more hotkeys with customizable actions have been included yet? )

was just a try to find out new features already included in SME. Sorry if it was misunderstood.
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 15.Jun.2009 16:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
just to use only one (the same) key as a hotkey to invoke SME, GDesk and built-in KeyLock (or BigBen) ... Sorry if it was misunderstood.
Okay, now it's clear. Sorry, but the answer is still the same: the hot-key for SME is intended to invoke the app, or some of its own functions, but not some arbitrary external stuff.

Quote:
include "Searching files/folders" option in SME 2.00
That would indeed be useful, but unfortunately not planned for this version.

Quote:
files in system folders (on the hacked phones of course)
SME will be able to access all protected folders, independently of the security status of the phone.
victos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 15.Jun.2009 18:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
SME will be able to access all protected folders, independently of the security status of the phone.

..due to ALL-FILES capability provided by e0c363fb.dat file at the first start of the app? (ok,ok, the answer is not necessary Smile )
Quote:
That would indeed be useful, but unfortunately not planned for this version.

Really sad... because SME 2.00 seems to be the last SM update for the UIQ3 devices. "Searching files" is an essential feature of any good file manager, indeed.
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16.Jun.2009 10:36    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
SME 2.00 seems to be the last SM update for the UIQ3 devices
This entirely depends on marketability, that is on you guys.

Quote:
"Searching files" is an essential feature of any good file manager
Well, I can't disagree with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 127 of 128

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic