MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Good phone for gaming/emulators ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Gaming zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaozon
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: -

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Nov.2006 15:44    Post subject: Good phone for gaming/emulators ?   Reply with quote   

1Hi
I would like to know is there any mobile phone that is good for gaming. What i want is to play with as many emulators as possible. The phone must have screen big enough and keys should be placed correctly so the gaming would be pleasant. Do not answer N-Gage it has too small screen and it doesn't have enough power to run even Yewnes properly. Must be available in Northern Europe and maximum price 500 euros. Please make suggestitions based on your own experience.
Thanks.
acidspunk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Saturday, 16.Dec.2006 17:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

6630, 6680 or n70 are good choices, IMO. oh and they're cheap too
CrazyGuns
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 6630, Soon - 5800 XpressMusic

PostPosted: Thursday, 24.May.2007 20:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i think the "cheap and best" phone would be 6630... its a very Stable S60 unlike n73 and very compatible too!
kvhokuto
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 7710, n-gage, 6670, 6680, 5500

PostPosted: Sunday, 30.Sep.2007 11:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The OP is wrong, N-gage is more than fast enough to run VNes and Vsun (havent tested yewnes) especially when overclocked. All NES titles should run full speed with full sound. SNES games also run full speed but only with sound turned off, sometimes it even runs too fast. Plays at 70-90% Snes speed with all the sound turned on, depending on the Rom.

6680 (and presumably 6630) are significantly slower than overclocked N-gage classic for running Vsun Snes emulator, the controls are comparatively poor and the screen is the same size. Plus most N-gage games will only run on the n-gage as it has larger ram.

6680 / 6630 do have advantages though, picrodrive Sega genesis emulator supports sound where n-gage does not. The n-gage also lacks bluetooth keyboard compatibility.
flash_gamer
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 1

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.Aug.2008 00:26    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I would like to know is there any mobile phone that is good for gaming.
Kitsunea
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N73

PostPosted: Saturday, 25.Oct.2008 02:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The N73 hasnt let me down yet. It runs the latest picodrive with all sound on at maximum sample rate perfectly. When on portrait display mode it runs flawlessly at frameskip 2. Frameskip 3 for landscape but you can hardly notice the difference from full speed emulation on a computer. The only thing more that i could want from my N73 is a larger processor.
stephenxanders
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: ASUS

PostPosted: Monday, 14.Dec.2009 07:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

acidspunk wrote:
6630, 6680 or n70 are good choices, IMO. oh and they're cheap too

N70 is somewhat old now Smile
aeiou260199038
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 没有

PostPosted: Monday, 29.Mar.2010 06:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I am a newcomer, please the exhibitions!
mishelworld
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia

PostPosted: Saturday, 24.Jul.2010 06:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

As per my opinion is that there is in some touch phone without keypad are loosing gaming joy. Other phones are with keypad having small display, So you have to need choose best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Gaming zone All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic