MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums
My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SSP) terminal...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daigoro
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P800, P990i

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Dec.2006 02:18    Post subject: Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SSP) terminal...   Reply with quote   

Hi,

I've been looking for a simple text terminal that allows text to be send from one device to a device (PC or other devices) that has a Bluetooth SSP.
Naturally it should allow settings of normal port options, too.
So far I haven't found anything useful so please advice and give links.

In other words, please help me locate a Bluetooth SSP terminal program.

I don't care much if it's UIQ3 or J2ME, I just need it as soon as possible.

I'm looking forward do read your answers...

Best regards,
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Dec.2006 02:18    Post subject: Sponsored links      

Daigoro
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 05.Dec.2006 02:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Can it be true there's no terminal software for the P990i - or didn't anybody notice my question?

Here's an additional question for you: Does anybody know if there's an RS232 serial port adabtor available for the P990i? (All I can find is USB, and as a slave device!)
I'd very much like to be able to use the phone for various debugging purpus, using an RS232 cable (just like it was possible on the older P-series phones.)

Best regards,
--
Flemming
Daigoro
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 14.Dec.2006 21:56    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'm still eagerly waiting for answers to my previous questions.

Didn't any of you use the bluetooth serial-port or connect your phone to a serial device?
pefidler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990i, M600i, N70 (Rubbish), P910i, P900, 7700!, 6600, 7650, p800, t68, R520, R380, L7089, MR501, Motty Flip 2

PostPosted: Friday, 15.Dec.2006 00:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'd have thought that Bluetooth should give you a serial port (after all, it does install a virtual COM port on XP). However, I know the UIQ phones are PITA... There's loads of really good apps for SE phones but none of them work with UIQ.

I'd have thought the sony ericsson developers forum (from www.sonyericsson.com ) might be a better bet for help..

Good luck
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted:     Post subject: Sponsored links      

wildstallion
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: p990

PostPosted: Saturday, 16.Dec.2006 16:15    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Im not 100% sure what you mean but I am wondering if the bluesoli software may help
Daigoro
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 17.Dec.2006 23:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

wildstallion,

I tried searching for the Bluesoli you mentioned, but didn't really find out what it is.

pefidler,

Bluetooth does provide a SSP port, which on the PC is turned into a virtual serial port. I have hardware adabters that can turn a Bluetooth SSP into a real serial port, too, and this is probably the way I'll go. But it would have been nice to have a cable to connect directly to the phone, which had a hardware serialport.

However, the port alone isn't useful without software. The most basic kind of software (before you write your own) is a terminal.

The terminal program I'm searching for is similar to (and hopefully better then) the Hyperterminal program from Windows. It allows you to send and receive text and files over a seriel-port (much like a ssh terminal does over a tcp port) but it also allows to setup the baud rate, handshake and many other settings of a serial port.

I'd hoped it was easily available as a common program, but it seems not, so I'll try asking on the developers forum.

Best regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic