MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
E90 firmware thread (old)

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113, 114  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition Communicators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolfbesard
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: nokia E60 Nokia 6310i Nokia 6230i Nokia 6680 Palm 650 SE S700 and almost the E90

PostPosted: Sunday, 11.May.2008 23:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ez2remember wrote:
The firmware has been quite stable for me. The browser has only crashed once and the phone has not restarted.

Overall I'm very happy with the update.

I don't think the phone is any faster.

I've noticed there is a contrast setting in real player which I don't think was available in v7.24.

The audio still has a hissing problem, very noticeable on low volumes.

Battery life is about the same.

Signal is marginally better in open mode. If you get a good signal it won't jump up and down as it use to but in weak areas this problem still exist.

Any idea of the bluetooth issue is solved during phone calls with a nokia carkit ???

I have "every" day a very strange sound (in the beginning or just during the call) and i need to hang up and call back...

hate this!!

Nokia e90 + nokia CK-7W carkit
lanbrown
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: E90, E72, E61, 6682, 3660

PostPosted: Sunday, 11.May.2008 23:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

music,

I think the firmware will be released when it is ready; Vista compatibility or not. The firmware has nothing to do with the computer OS. NSU will be updated when they have solved the issue.

The E71 will have nothing to do with the E90 firmware release.
music
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts

Phone: E90, 9500, TyTn, Psion 5mx with DTMF tones!

PostPosted: Monday, 12.May.2008 00:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

My thinking is the E71 and the E90 will share a variation of the same firmware that the dev team is working on as the two phones are closely related.

My thinking behind the vista compatibility though is that nokia received complaints which is related to the firmware update and holding back the real release after the little 'beta test' they done.

I just keep hoping 1: it's released tomorrow 2: it's stable 3: nokia read these forums Smile
lanbrown
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: E90, E72, E61, 6682, 3660

PostPosted: Monday, 12.May.2008 00:20    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

But .73 isn't stable on phones that had stability before. So there are still firmware issues there. It makes me wonder if Nokia knows how to fix it. They won't delay a firmware release just because of Vista.
ady624
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia E90 Communicator, Nokia 9300i Communicator, Nokia E61

PostPosted: Monday, 12.May.2008 03:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Vista crashed my NSU upgrade too. Luckily, the phone took the hit well and restarted. Used a Windows 2000 to upgrade and all went fine.
I liked Longhorn (Windows 2008 server) Beta 3, it was so stable and nice and did not go bad over time like Vista does. However, when they brought in Longhorn RC1, it all went to pieces... missing software, total instability of my wireless... Can it be that Longhorn was not intended for laptops? I'd rule that out... M$ is really doing a great job and the more they want Windows to do, the worse Windows does the tasks... Figures, huh?

Why are you guys complaining about the mouse? Go get yourself a second keyboard to replace the mouse, there, problem solved Very Happy ha ha I am seriously considering into moving on to Apple, but they don't support neither Delphi nor Visual Studio... shucks!!

Adrian
azraeil
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N8

PostPosted: Monday, 12.May.2008 06:53    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I was one of the person who was ranting about 7.40 firmware and I am glad that I upgraded. The firmware has been rock stable for me. It has never restarted and this is after 1 month since I upgraded. There is a couple of issues with regards to WEB but I have to say that it does NOT crash when you are browsing. WEB usually kicks you out (this happens sometimes, maybe 2-5% of the time) when you are in the Bookmark views. I set the Bookmark view as my home page so therefore, the crash usually happen when I open WEB. Opening it again solves the problem so I'm not going to rant about that.

I do wish Nokia can fix the call log icon bugs though .... there have been times when I was using the call logs to re-dial and I ended up calling the house instead of the mobile phone. Ended up going back into contacts and looking for the right number to call.
AVR4000
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
59 in 43 posts
Thanks given: 8

Phone: Nokia N70, Nokia N95 8 GB, Nokia E52, Nokia E61, Nokia 9300i, Nokia E90, Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802 and C6833

PostPosted: Monday, 12.May.2008 10:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

music wrote:
My thinking is the E71 and the E90 will share a variation of the same firmware that the dev team is working on as the two phones are closely related.

My thinking behind the vista compatibility though is that nokia received complaints which is related to the firmware update and holding back the real release after the little 'beta test' they done.

I just keep hoping 1: it's released tomorrow 2: it's stable 3: nokia read these forums Smile

I think you´re right. It´s possible Nokia decides to release a 200.34.75 (instead of 200.34.73) when the E71 is out. The FW is most certain very similar in those two devices, the biggest difference is the E90 inner screen.
harjeev
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: E90

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.May.2008 16:05    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi
I got my E90 back today from the Nokia Service Center(there was a problem with the mic NO AUDIO OUT).The problem has been rectified and they have also updated the firmware to the latest "200.34.73 15/03/2008 RA-6 NOKIA E90(27)"

The problem I face now is that I am not able to restore the backup I took. The earlier firmware version I had was 7.3?.??.?? I dont clearly remember. But I do remember that I took that backup in Oct 07.
Is this a firmware issue as I have updated the firmwares in the past too but never faced this kind of a situation. I have tried restoring the backup for 2-3 different dates(I never delete backups) but of no avail.

Now I am not worried about the contacts and calender items as I sync that with Microsoft Outlook. But other settings like GPRS, wireless access points, GPS Landmarks, SMS's etc I dont remember them clearly and restoring them would take a long and tedious process.

Another thing now I am concerned about is that I have a 2GB memory card. should I put in the memory card just like that or formating the card is the best option.

please advise...
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.May.2008 16:20    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

With the latest version of Nokia PC Suite, you should selectively restore everything except settings. Settings have to be entered anew and most 3rd party applications must be reinstalled. You can keep the memory card as it is.

--
Bent Laursen
harjeev
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.May.2008 16:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:
With the latest version of Nokia PC Suite, you should selectively restore everything except settings. Settings have to be entered anew and most 3rd party applications must be reinstalled. You can keep the memory card as it is.

--
Bent Laursen

Hey thanks for that quick reply. After reading your post I updated the PC Suite S/w and volla I am able to restore everything. As I had already restored the callender, notes, contacts ad to-dos I dint do that again. Also I dint touch the user memory file,

However I restored the settings & SMS's.
BentL wrote:
you should selectively restore everything except settings. Settings have to be entered anew

Is there any specific reason you said that the settings should restored manually. Can this cause any harm to the phone. I do want the settings, but not at the cost of the phone crashing or anything. But now I have already restored them what should be done.

Please advise
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.May.2008 17:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

harjeev wrote:
Is there any specific reason you said that the settings should restored manually. Can this cause any harm to the phone. I do want the settings, but not at the cost of the phone crashing or anything. But now I have already restored them what should be done.

Some people have reported problems after restoring settings from a backup taking under an earlier firmware version. But this probably depends on what settings you have on the device. If everything seems to work, then it is most likely OK.

--
Bent Laursen
harjeev
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.May.2008 17:08    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:
[...]

Some people have reported problems after restoring settings from a backup taking under an earlier firmware version. But this probably depends on what settings you have on the device. If everything seems to work, then it is most likely OK.

--
Bent Laursen

Thanks again for the speedy reply.
Will check for a few days and report
music
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts

Phone: E90, 9500, TyTn, Psion 5mx with DTMF tones!

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.May.2008 19:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

harjeev, if you don't mind answering what region are you in and they gave you 200.xx firmware?
harjeev
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 16.May.2008 07:54    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

music wrote:
harjeev, if you don't mind answering what region are you in and they gave you 200.xx firmware?

Why would I mind!
I am from New Delhi, India
Nixy Digitale
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia E90

PostPosted: Saturday, 17.May.2008 00:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I want the new firmware so bad, but I have to wait until BlackBerry Connect updates, or the program will be rendered useless for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition Communicators All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113, 114  Next
Page 112 of 114

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic