MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
P1i USB mass storage now working in osx !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okoshiyasu
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P1i,P990i

PostPosted: Sunday, 19.Aug.2007 04:03    Post subject: P1i USB mass storage now working in osx !   Reply with quote   

hi all!
i just purchased a P1i and encountered a similar issue as several tiger users i.e. the p1i not being able to connect the phone as a USB mass storage device.
as in the past i faced the same issue with my p990i, i installed the m600 usb enabler kindly programmed and provided by Magnus Nordlander

Only registered users can see links
Register or log in to see the link
. even though the kernel extension was designed for the m600, it worked fine for my p990. unfortunately, as several users also tried, it does not work with the p1i.
even though i'm not a programer of some sort, i decided to have a look at what was inside the extension and discovered that it's all based on a simple plist with a few lines of programming, stating id product, vendor, etc... i launched the USB PROBER app, plugged my P1i, gathered the IDPRODUCT info and found out that it was different than the one in the kext (m600 id = 57392 / p1i id = 57490). i changed it using textedit, saved the file, remove the old m600 extension and replaced it with the newly modified one, restarted the computer, plugged the p1i and VOILA! the memory card appears on the desktop.
i just asked magnus and he gave me the go-ahead to share the info and the modified extension. you can find it attached. unzip, then drop the P1iUSBFileEnabler.kext in system > library > extensions. just make sure that you remove the old m600USBFileEnabler.kext (if you have previously installed it) and that you restart your mac after installing the p1i extension.
like usual, all this is done at your own risk and you should only install this file if you fully understand that nobody but you will be responsible if your mac turns in flames or something like that...
thx of any sort go to magnus for his major input in being able to use the sony smartphones on mac
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted: Sunday, 19.Aug.2007 04:03    Post subject: Sponsored links      

chinok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990, P1

PostPosted: Sunday, 19.Aug.2007 07:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Magic!

Will give it a try. Hope my computer won't turn into flames. But I look forward to not having to open the M2 cover and handling that very small piece of 4G memory....

Thanks!
chinok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990, P1

PostPosted: Sunday, 19.Aug.2007 19:56    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

it works!!

THANKS
tanelvakker
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P1i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 22.Aug.2007 08:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

you can do it without restart also,
just open a terminal and paste this:

Code:

cd /System/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel P1iUSBFileEnabler.kext
sudo kextload P1iUSBFileEnabler.kext
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted:     Post subject: Sponsored links      

wulfrik
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 19.Sep.2007 10:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thank you so much!
Glacier
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N91, P1i

PostPosted: Thursday, 04.Oct.2007 03:34    Post subject: Re: P1i USB mass storage now working in osx !   Reply with quote   

I hope to forget about the USB and Mass storage as soon as SymSMB for UIQ3 will be available. More information is
prodigi
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 01.Nov.2007 01:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Any updates regarding Mac OS 10.3.9? I have already installed the prober but I have no idea how it works. Confused
elena
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 370546213548

PostPosted: Friday, 13.Feb.2009 01:04    Post subject: Re: P1i USB mass storage now working in osx !   Reply with quote   

okoshiyasu wrote:
hi all!
i just purchased a P1i and encountered a similar issue as several tiger users i.e. the p1i not being able to connect the phone as a USB mass storage device.
as in the past i faced the same issue with my p990i, i installed the m600 usb enabler kindly programmed and provided by Magnus Nordlander
. even though the kernel extension was designed for the m600, it worked fine for my p990. unfortunately, as several users also tried, it does not work with the p1i.
even though i'm not a programer of some sort, i decided to have a look at what was inside the extension and discovered that it's all based on a simple plist with a few lines

of programming, stating id product, vendor, etc... i launched the USB PROBER app, plugged my P1i, gathered the IDPRODUCT info and found out that it was different than the one in the kext (m600 id = 57392 / p1i id = 57490). i changed it using textedit, saved the file, remove the old m600 extension and replaced it with the newly modified one,
restarted the computer, plugged the p1i and VOILA! the memory card appears on the desktop.
i just asked magnus and he gave me the go-ahead to share the info and the modified extension. you can find it attached. unzip, then drop the P1iUSBFileEnabler.kext in system > library > extensions. just make sure that you remove the old m600USBFileEnabler.kext (if you have previously installed it) and that you restart your mac after installing the p1i extension.
like usual, all this is done at your own risk and you should only install this file if you fully understand that nobody but you will be responsible if your mac turns in flames or something like that...
thx of any sort go to magnus for his major input in being able to use the sony smartphones on mac

Great! It works! Amazing, thanks dude Wink

Last edited by elena on Thursday, 18.Jun.2009 18:56; edited 1 time in total

JuliannaNero
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: nokia

PostPosted: Saturday, 25.Jul.2009 06:58    Post subject: Resveratrol ultra   Reply with quote   

I hope to forget about the USB and Mass storage as soon as SymSMB for UIQ3 will be available.
psychowood
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800 -> P990i -> P1i -> Nokia E71

PostPosted: Saturday, 25.Jul.2009 18:28    Post subject: Re: Resveratrol ultra   Reply with quote   

JuliannaNero wrote:
I hope to forget about the USB and Mass storage as soon as SymSMB for UIQ3 will be available.

SymSmb for UIQ3 have been

for months... actually, it is even discontinued, right now.
Dionnah
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N70

PostPosted: Saturday, 15.Aug.2009 18:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Why was it discontinued? Is it buggy or something?
psychowood
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800 -> P990i -> P1i -> Nokia E71

PostPosted: Wednesday, 02.Sep.2009 19:16    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I don't know, probably just because UIQ3 itself was discontinued Smile
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
432 in 311 posts
Thanks given: 91

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Wednesday, 02.Sep.2009 23:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Dionnah wrote:
Why was it discontinued? Is it buggy or something?

Read the story in this

. Some Telexy programmers apparently worked full-time for Nokia during the development of SymSMB. They had to retract the application from the market. But Telexy has since released new software with similar functionality, see

--
Bent Laursen

daryy
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 5320

PostPosted: Sunday, 06.Sep.2009 09:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I make sure about this.all this is done at your own risk and you should only install this file if you fully understand that nobody but you will be responsible if your mac turns in flames or something like that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic