MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums
My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
3D Realm Games for S60v3

Go to page  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
extonix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N95 8GB

PostPosted: Saturday, 12.Apr.2008 23:31    Post subject: 3D Realm Games for S60v3   Reply with quote   

Yeah, this is a very serious question, because I'm a great fan of 3D Realms games, especially "Shadow Warrior" and I was asking myself if it would be possible to create a sis version of "Shadow Warrior" or "Duke Nukem".

I mean, we can play Quake, Quake II or Doom on our N-series mobile phones, why not some 3D Realms games?

Dammit, I even would pay money to see those games running on my mobile phone!
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted: Saturday, 12.Apr.2008 23:31    Post subject: Sponsored links      

MooD77
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N-Gage, N93

PostPosted: Saturday, 12.Apr.2008 23:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Duke Nukem 3D has already been ported.

Only registered users can see links
Register or log in to see the link

Works really well, but save/load is broken. We can hope AnotherGuest fixes it sometime soon.
extonix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 13.Apr.2008 07:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

OMG! Thank you for the link, this game really works!! Shocked

But I how do I change the controls, or, how can I move, because I can't make anything in the main menu!
regis
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: E90

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Apr.2008 12:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi to the community!
It seems this is a 2004 port and I do not find any working download link (moreover, I guess it may not work properly on a E90; anyway, if you know any download address, I am interested Smile
Regards
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted:     Post subject: Sponsored links      

AnotherGuest
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
32 in 17 posts

Phone: P910, N-Gage, P990, M600, 6680, N70, N80, U300

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Apr.2008 15:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

2004 port? Hmm Well. anyhow. Not sure of the current *nix port of Shadow Warrior port, it seems to be rather uncomplete, but there should be a version that at least should be playable out there.
cddiede
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 4

Phone: 9290, 9500, Nokia E90, N900, N9

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Apr.2008 19:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Actually, I just downloaded AnotherGuest's Duke 3D port to my E90 less than two months ago and it works great!

I recommend having a basic text editor on your E90 to allow you to customize the config file to your keyboard control preferences.
extonix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Apr.2008 22:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

cddiede wrote:
Actually, I just downloaded AnotherGuest's Duke 3D port to my E90 less than two months ago and it works great!

I recommend having a basic text editor on your E90 to allow you to customize the config file to your keyboard control preferences.

Or you can make your config at the PC and copy it to your mobile phone. This would be much easier and some people already did something like this. *Sigh*

Dammit, it's really hard to play Duke Nukem on a non QWERTY mobile phone. If I only could assign those special keys .. @_@

And I also need to find my old full version CD of Duke Nukem
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
919 in 565 posts
Thanks given: 251

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, N950, N9, N900, N8, Xperia X10

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Apr.2008 23:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

It seems this is a 2004 port and I do not find any working download link (moreover, I guess it may not work properly on a E90; anyway, if you know any download address, I am interested

Only registered users can see links
Register or log in to see the link

AnotherGuest
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
32 in 17 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 00:29    Post subject: Here is something to test   Reply with quote   

Put datafiles
into e:\shadowwarrior
Run setup to do controls, but can also be done in game.

Lots of things not tested... needs at LEAST 16 MB of free memory to start.. Should be playable on the quicker phones.

Also ambiant sounds takes lots of memory, and having that ON will lead to out of memory, i.e crashing the app.

Have fun...

Update:
Reduced memoryrequirements. 1.00 and 1.01 was trying to allocate a max size available which on my 6120 led to around 14-15 mb cache and no memory over to other things.

I have now changed this, so the cache is always fixed at approx 9.8 mb. During my testing I got cache of 1.8 mb and even that worked, but abit slow.
Hopefully 9.8 mb is enough even for the more complex levels. (if you get so far)

Last edited by AnotherGuest on Friday, 18.Apr.2008 20:34; edited 2 times in total
extonix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 13:00    Post subject: Re: Here is something to test   Reply with quote   

AnotherGuest wrote:
Put datafiles
into e:\shadowwarrior
Run setup to do controls, but can also be done in game.

Lots of things not tested... needs at LEAST 16 MB of free memory to start.. Should be playable on the quicker phones.

Also ambiant sounds takes lots of memory, and having that ON will lead to out of memory, i.e crashing the app.

Have fun...

Dude, ... wow ... I'm speechless ...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This port works like a dream, I recently downloaded the Shareware version (dammit, I have to find my CD!) and its awesome to see Lo Wang back in action!

But ... the controls are a REAL problem. It's good that you can edit controls in the menu, but there is no ESC button or something like this, so you can't leave the control menu and have to restart the game (mobile phone). Its also the same when you're ingame, there is no button for bringing up the menu.

This is the biggest problem of this excellent port! I mean, why isn't it possible to do something like we have in Quake I or II?

My Quake II keys (maybe it will help you to improve the control keys in Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D):

1 - attack (Camera Button)
/ - next weapon (Delete-Button [the C-key])
ctrl - jump / up (Center Key)
enter - down / crouch (left soft key)
ins - use item (volume key)
a - next item (edit key)
? - bringing up the main menu (right soft key)

Those are the most important controls)

And again, thank you very much for spending your time for doing this port, you're awesome, REALLY!
AnotherGuest
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
32 in 17 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 13:08    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

'C' button = ESCAPE button Left softkey = Enter, right softkey = Space.. 0-9 is 0-9. So just a matter of reconfiguring, either cfg file directly or in game.

Since Quake I//II are targeted for like 3 devices , doing the key config for those are easy, but there are lots of other S60v3 devices, like E90 , E61 etc, which have different keysetups and roation.

So just create a cfg that works and put it here.

As for the N95, I need to check what device keys are available for me and map those to Fx keys or other special keys which would be available on the PC keyboard.
extonix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 13:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Well, the N95 8Gb (I own this mobile phone) is split up in three different parts when playing games in landscape mode:

Part "A" only works for N-Gage 2.0 games at the moment and don't ask me why Nokia didn't enable those media keys for other games and apps as well, I don't know and I find it very stupid of Nokia not to enable those keys!

Part "B" are those two buttons which are well placed for playing GBA games and FPS. Very important buttons!

Part "C" shows 9 buttons, but only 6 can be used as game keys:

The softkeys, the green key, the edit, the c-key and the center key.

Not working:
The red key automatically closes an application and those big keys only can be used correctly in the main menu. If you press the left black key, you will get to the main menu (game gets minimized). By pressing the right big black key you'll get to the OVA menu.

I hope this helps and of course this mobile phone also has a keypad! :>
AnotherGuest
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
32 in 17 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 13:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Well I need the scancodes to be able to remap them. So I have to have a real N95.. or try the NES emu gpFCE available in the forum. that will print out the scancodes as rather good names. What I need to map is the camera and playbutton if possible. (as long as no other app is hijacking them)

extonix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 14:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nope, no apps are hijacking the camera button, and what do you mean with play button?

(edit: is there a way for me to scan code those buttons to help you?)
AnotherGuest
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
32 in 17 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 14:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Playbutton = button above the camera button. Volume buttons would be nice to. I think Fx keys are working in the buildengine games.

Also I'm going to fix an icon.. Pity that Vector Magic has started charging for bitmap conversions, but still best option to create svg icons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic