MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
SymVPN 1.00 - secure mobile networking with PPTP VPN client.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telexy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: 5800

PostPosted: Friday, 12.Dec.2008 06:07    Post subject: SymVPN 1.00 - secure mobile networking with PPTP VPN client.   Reply with quote   

SymVPN 1.00 - secure your mobile networking with PPTP VPN client!
The only PPTP VPN client for S60 3rd.

SymVPN 1.00 is available since 2008/Nov/25.
Developer: Telexy Networks Inc. http://www.telexy.com
Official Information on developers website: SymVPN 1.00 for S60 3rd. Product Page. User Guide. FAQ.
Multilingual user interface is provided in 16 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Serbian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish.
Would you like to add another language? - Contact developers.

SymVPN 1.00 for S60 3rd:
  • provides individual users with secure access to their organization or home network;
  • targeted for use with VPN Servers that support PPTP protocol (for instance: Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista);
  • secures basic VPN client functionality (user authentication, channel data encryption, session with VPN Server management) based on PPTP tunnelling protocol.
SymVPN 1.00 for S60 3rd allows you to create a regular Access Point (from the Symbian OS point of view) that can be used in an ordinary manner by many appropriate applications that requires an Internet connection. For example:
  • SymVPN-created Access Point, combined with SymSMB 4.00, will secure your access to the home file server over the Internet;
  • or you can use it with a Web-browser (Opera-browser works fine for this purpose) to get in your organization Intranet;
  • or you can use it with MailForExchange to enjoy a secure channel with your corporative Exchange server;
  • ... and so on.
Some questions and answers from SymVPN 1.00 FAQ section.

Q. What is the most typical problem user may face with SymVPN?
A. Forgetting to manually reboot a phone after SymVPM install or uninstall. It is clearly described in How to Install and during the installation process the special warning message appears.

Q. What about Linux?
A. [Edited 2009/Feb/04]
The support for Linux based PPTP VPN Servers is added to v.1.00.52.
That means, as well, the support for DD-WRT based firmware on various devices.

Q. Why is SymVPN 1.00 conditionally compatible with S60 3.2 edition devices?
A. In general, SymVPN 1.00 can be used on S60 3.2 edition devices too (Nokia N78, N79, N85, N96, Samsung INNOV8) with the applications that operate with Access Points in 3.0-3.1 editions style (like SymSMB). However, S60 FP2 introduced new method to organize Access Points - "Network Destinations", which SymVPN 1.00 does not support yet. So if some application implemented specifically for S60 FP2 uses this new "Network Destinations" technology, it will not see SymVPN-created AP. That's why we conditionally have not included S60 FP2 devices in the supported list. The full support for S60 3.2 may be added to the following SymVPN releases.

More information about SymVPN 1.00 could be found at http://www.telexy.com

Additional information, pictures and screenshots can be added to this post later.

Last edited by Telexy on Wednesday, 04.Feb.2009 12:20; edited 1 time in total
Cup
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N95

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16.Dec.2008 21:16    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

now this is an interesting app!
finally a possibility to have a safe connection when checking mail

after a browse on your forum I do see that DD-WRT isn't supported yet,
I hope it will be fixed as it has great potential then!!
incidentflux
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia E71, Nokia E50

PostPosted: Tuesday, 23.Dec.2008 22:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

App doesn't connect to VPN providers that run PPTP servers on FreeBSD. Developer said it'll work in the next version release... No idea when that would be though.
Telexy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 07.Jan.2009 16:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

*This post contains a temporary information that could be deleted later.

About DD-WRT, FreeBSD and other Linux based PPTP VPNs:
Test accounts needed for PPPT VPN Servers based on Linux or dd-wrt.
Telexy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 04.Feb.2009 12:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

incidentflux wrote:
App doesn't connect to VPN providers that run PPTP servers on FreeBSD. Developer said it'll work in the next version release... No idea when that would be though.

The new version is already available.
At least a couple FreeBSD based PPTP VPN Servers were tested.
In meantime the support for Linux based PPTP VPN Servers is added too.
Yes, it is tested with DD-WRT as well.

Is anything missing from above placed suggestions?
Telexy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 06.May.2009 07:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

New version is available now - SymVPN v.1.00.71 for Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition.

From release note:
Quote:
Improvements comparing to previous release:
- removed some protocol related limitations (like 1400 MRU);
- improved channel parameters negotiation.

The above makes it possible to support more PPTP VPN servers without specific configuration on server side. If you had such problem - please try now. New Trial period is available for everyone using this version.

Bug fixes:
- error -1 (not found) after few weeks of successful usage;
- created VPN Access Point is not visible in SymVPN on some new phone models.

Installation note.
Please uninstall previous version before installing the new one. Don't forget to reboot your phone after the installation. On older devices you will see some warnings from Symbian Installer (like "Component ... is not installed, do you want to continue?"). Continue the installation and all required components will be installed.

A new way of keeping parameters "User" and "Password".
In previous version these parameters were part of the VPN Access Point setting.
In the new version "User" and "Password" are part of the Account. The reference on this Account located in VPN Access Point.
Telexy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 11.Jul.2009 00:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

One more New version is available now - SymVPN v.1.00.78.

This version is offered as a Free upgrade for all existing customers.
If you have previous version installed on your phone, please do the following:
  • uninstall previous version and restart your phone;
  • install NEW version and restart your phone;
  • start application and perform Registration;
  • re-enter configuration for VPN Access Point.
If during installation on S60 5th phone you will get message saying "software is not compatible", please continue installation and all will be fine.

Q: Message "Component .......... missing. Continue anyway?" appears during installation. What should I do?
A: No problem! All such messages are perfectly normal during SymVPN installation. On some phones/firmware versions the same message could appear twice.
Press "Continue" or "Ok" in order to resume installation process.

Accessibility of SymVPN created VPN Access Points from other application on the latest Nokia phones, is still not addressed in this version.

Few internal improvement are made in this version.
Major difference is implemented compatibility with New Line of Network Applications from Telexy.
yesvpn
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: nokia 320

PostPosted: Thursday, 06.Jan.2011 17:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

where do down free symbina VPN?
yesvpn
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: nokia 320

PostPosted: Monday, 24.Jan.2011 16:37    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i know vpntraffic.com
Glacier
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N91, P1i

PostPosted: Friday, 22.Mar.2013 19:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

New version is available - SymVPN v.2.00.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic