MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Opera Mobile 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Tuesday, 03.Nov.2009 11:17    Post subject: Opera Mobile 10   Reply with quote   

Opera has released Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 devices, see press release. Excerpt:
    Mobile browsing revolution: now available for Nokia smartphones
    Opera Mobile 10 beta brings powerful features to world’s most-used smartphone platform

Opera Software today unveiled the beta of Opera Mobile 10 for Nokia and other Symbian/S60 handsets. Most notable in the new Opera Mobile 10 beta is a sleek design, which Opera first introduced to the world in the recent release of Opera Mini 5 beta. The crisp, new look introduces the Speed Dial, tabbed browsing and the always convenient password manager to Opera Mobile. Opera Mobile 10 beta is optimized for both touchscreen and keypad-style navigation and is available for free from http://www.opera.com/mobile/next/.

Performance was prioritized in this beta. It is twice as fast as the previous Opera Mobile released for Symbian/S60, and users will discover significant speed improvement when downloading pages, zooming and panning. Opera Turbo is also integrated, saving end users both time and money with its server-side compression technology.

“Today’s powerful smartphones deserve an equally powerful browser, like Opera,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. “This beta continues our work to extend the desktop Web experience to mobile phones, allowing users to surf the Web without limitations, even while on-the-go. No matter the device in use, Opera delivers a faster, easier and hassle-free Web experience.”

Feature details

Fresh design
    Alongside the new Opera Mini 5, Opera has revamped the look and feel of its mobile-browser portfolio to ensure that it is simple and intuitive, making mobile Web browsing easier than ever.

Desktop favorites on the mobile phone
    Opera desktop feature favorites, including tabbed browsing, Speed Dial and password manager, make it easier for you to surf on the go by reducing the time and effort it takes to get to a Web site.

Advanced compatibility
    Opera Mobile 10 beta uses the very latest generation of the Opera browser engine, ensuring that all your favorite Web sites and applications work exactly the way they do on a desktop computer.

Developer’s Introduction to Opera Mobile 10 beta

Availability
    Opera Mobile 10 beta is available for Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Samsung smartphones running Symbian/S60, 3rd and 5th editions. The beta is free to download to your computer from http://www.opera.com/mobile/next/ or directly to your mobile phone from http://m.opera.com/mobile/.
--
Bent Laursen
acidspunk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Wednesday, 04.Nov.2009 12:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

This is really nice. Got some problems with memory on my mobile, though.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 02.Dec.2009 14:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Opera has released new betas for Opera Mini and Opera Mobile 10, see press release. Excerpt:
    Sync up your phones
    Opera releases new betas of Opera Mini and Opera Mobile

Opera today launched the second beta versions of Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10, available as free downloads. In this second beta release, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile users can now enjoy popular desktop features, such as Opera Link and the Download Manager, from their mobile phones.

With Opera Link, users can synchronize personal browser settings with their Opera desktop browser, as well as all their connected devices, ensuring that their bookmarks, Speed Dial and search engines are always accessible. The Download Manager gives users a better way to control and speed up downloads to mobile phones.

Opera continues its mission to unify its browser products, and today’s beta release is no exception. Features further polished in the second beta release are the unified look and feel across Opera’s browser products, the visual bookmarks known as Speed Dial, and tabbed browsing, one of the most popular innovations in browsing history.

“For Opera, status quo is not an option. We are always improving our products, adding new functionality and features to deliver a faster and more personal Web experience,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. “Also, unifying the look and feel, regardless of device, makes it easy for anyone to get online anywhere, anytime.”

The far-reaching popularity of Opera Mini continues to grow month after month. Opera reports that almost 40 million people used Opera Mini in October, saving the consumers 9.4 billion USD per year just by choosing Opera Mini.

Screenshots
    Screenshots are available at: http://www.opera.com/press/resources/

Download
    Download Opera Mini 5 beta 2 directly to your phone for free from http://m.opera.com/next/ or read more at http://www.opera.com/mini/next/. The second beta of Opera Mobile 10 is available as a free download to Windows Mobile and Symbian/S60 handsets from http://m.opera.com/next/ or read more at http://www.opera.com/mobile/.

Videos
    Opera Mini 5 beta demo video
    Opera Mobile 10 beta for Windows Mobile
    Opera Mobile 10 beta for Symbian/S60
--
Bent Laursen
kaaremi
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts

Phone: Nokia E7 (ex-Motorola MicroTac NMT, Nokia 2110, Ericsson 880, Treo 270, SE P800, Nokia E61, Nokia E75)

PostPosted: Thursday, 03.Dec.2009 09:25    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

After the yesterday firmware update of Nokia E75 I am ready to install Opera.

The changes in the Nokia Web application include hiding one of the most frequently used command "Bookmarks" into a submenu and the zoom & font size management is a total disaster. Either you get fonts of readable size and have to scroll the text horizontally or the text is so small that you need a microscope. Zooming and text size handling are also utmost counterintuitive - you have to select smaller font and zoom in to make sense of the display.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16.Mar.2010 10:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Opera has released final versions of Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10, see press release. Excerpt:
    No mobile phone left behind: Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10 introduced in final, consumer-ready versions
    Today, Opera Software released the final versions of the world’s most popular mobile Web browsers, Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10. Now, nearly any mobile phone can support an Opera-driven Web experience, complete with unmatched speed, style and cost savings. Simply go to m.opera.com/ to download it directly to your phone today.

Today’s release puts the finishing touches on the Opera mobile-browsing duo. The focus is on delivering the best Internet experience on nearly any mobile phone, along with a unified look and feel and innovative favorite features, such as Speed Dial, password manager and tabbed browsing.

“Keeping in mind the needs and wants of our 50+ million users, we have emphasized speed, desktop-like functionality and data savings in our mobile browsers. Today, we have made it even easier for everyone to surf, search and socialize on the Web,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software.

Top 5 reasons why you cannot live without Opera on your phone

• Get the best Internet experience on your phone
      Opera delivers the full Web experience on nearly any mobile phone, and it is easy and free to download.

• No more slow surfing
      Opera mobile browsers are designed to boost your browsing speed significantly. Opera brings the best and fastest browsing experience on any mobile phone.

• Get your mobile phone bills under control
      Opera Mini’s compression technology reduces the amount of data sent to your phone by up to 90 percent, resulting in lower costs on pay-per-MB data plans or when roaming.

• Web made easy, even on your phone
      Opera keeps it simple with a sleekly designed user interface, regardless of the phone you are using, and with the same great feature set, such as Speed Dial, tabs, and the password manager.

• Never leave your personal information behind
      Opera Link lets you synchronize your bookmarks, notes and Speed Dial between your computer and your mobile phone. Make your information available wherever you are - at work, at home or on the road.

Download
    Bring the power of the Web to your phone. Download Opera Mini 5 or Opera Mobile 10 directly to your phone at no cost from m.opera.com/, or read more at http://www.opera.com/mobile/.

Availability
    Opera Mini 5 is available on all Java-based and BlackBerry phones, as well as Android and Windows Mobile (both in beta only) phones. Opera Mobile 10 is available on Windows Mobile and Symbian S60-based mobile phones.

Screenshots
    Screenshots are available at http://www.opera.com/press/resources/.

Video
    Video is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWHIGGjiamA.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 15.Jul.2010 17:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Opera has released first beta version of Opera Mobile 10.1, see press release. Excerpt:
    Opera releases first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for S60 phones, welcomes testing and feedback
    Nokia smartphone owners rejoice! Opera today released the first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian Series 60 phones. Opera Mobile 10.1 beta features accelerated speed and geolocation capabilities. Download the beta directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next.

The best features in Opera Mobile 10.1 beta all reside under the hood, with the powerful Presto rendering engine, Vega graphics library and Carakan JavaScript engine bringing the same engine power to mobile as on desktop.

Support for geolocation puts you and your mobile on the map, so that web services such as maps and travel applications can offer you tailored, relevant content. Your privacy is important, and you decide if and when Opera Mobile will share your location.

Beat the summer heat with these cool features:

• Opera desktop features, like Speed Dial, Opera Link, password manager, make it easier for you to surf on the go, by reducing the time and effort it takes to get to a website.
    • Tabbed browsing, a virtual keyboard, kinetic scrolling and auto-rotation to landscape make browsing with Opera Mobile easier and a lot more fun.
    • When the network speed makes browsing tough, turn on Opera Turbo. Use our servers to compress webpages on the fly and more than double your browsing speed.

What we say
    “Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is a new upgrade, including the latest rendering technologies to boost browsing performance on Symbian Series 60 phones,” said Dag Olav Norem, Vice President, Mobile Products at Opera Software. “Millions of people already use Opera Mobile on their Nokia Series 60 phones and we hope many of them will help us test this new beta.”

Availability
    Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is available for smartphones based on Symbian/S60, 3rd and 5th editions. The beta is free to download directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next. To find out more about Opera Mobile, go to http://www.opera.com/mobile/.

We love feedback and use your comments to help us improve our products. Please join our forum to submit comments: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=74

Screenshots
    Screenshots are available at http://www.opera.com/press/resources/.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 01.Oct.2010 12:56    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Opera has released Opera Mobile 10.1 beta 2 for Symbian, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Opera Mobile 10.1 beta 2 for Symbian
    Today we have released Opera Mobile 10.1 beta 2 for Symbian handsets.

In Beta 2 we are excited to introduce an ARM optimized version of our latest Carakan JavaScript engine. JavaScript execution speed is increase about 4 times! Read more about Carakan and JIT here.

We are releasing Beta 2 to encourage user feedback on the updated JavaScript engine. So we encourage all users of Symbian phones, advanced or novice, to try out this beta 2 and report bugs in the forums.

Download Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta 2 for S60 directly to your phone at m.opera.com/next.

Known issues in the 10.1 Beta 2:

• Higher memory usage for Carakan with JIT compilation.
    • Due to timing issues with different geolocation information providers (WiFi, cell towers, GPS) first request may have poor precision
    • Fast scrolling on Touch devices not optimized for page rendering
    • Opera Link may not work when using APN with a proxy configured
    • Some SVGT images may appear to freeze on Nokia E-series phones
    • If SIM card is not registered, or phone is in flight mode, first geolocation request in a browser session may fail

As always, we welcome your feedback here in our forum. Thanks!
--
Bent Laursen
acidspunk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Friday, 01.Oct.2010 23:49    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Beta 2 crashes with almost every site I've tried it with. My phone is old, but Beta 1 works like a charm on it.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.Oct.2010 14:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

acidspunk wrote:
Beta 2 crashes with almost every site I've tried it with. My phone is old, but Beta 1 works like a charm on it.

This is most likely due to the higher memory usage for JavaScript in beta 2. You need a phone with more free RAM.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 24.Nov.2010 13:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Opera has released the final version of Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian, see press release. Excerpt:
    Opera speeds up Symbian browsing
    Opera Mobile 10.1 for Nokia smartphones goes final

Hold onto your hats, Nokia smartphone owners. Opera today unleashed the final version of Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian/Series 60 phones, with significantly faster JavaScript performance for a speedy browsing experience.

Making its debut in Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian is just-in-time compilation (JIT) performance optimization to the Carakan JavaScript engine, the same powerful engine that drives Opera’s desktop browser. Speed trials of today’s release show that Opera Mobile 10.1 races ahead of its predecessor, performing nine times faster than Opera Mobile 10.0 on the SunSpider JavaScript test.

Location, location, location... Also making its debut in Opera Mobile 10.1 is support for geolocation, which puts you and your mobile on the map. Geolocation enables web services such as maps and travel applications to recognize your location to provide you with customized, relevant content. Your privacy is in your hands, and you choose if and when Opera Mobile shares your position.

“Powerful smartphones deserve an equally powerful browser,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. “Opera Mobile 10.1 today brings the best mobile browsing experience to the world’s most popular smartphone platform.”

Here are more reasons to put Opera Mobile 10.1 in the driver’s seat for your Symbian mobile browsing:

• Pioneering features from Opera — such as Speed Dial, tabbed browsing, Opera Link and password manager — reduce the time and typing required to navigate your favorite websites.
    • When slow network speeds put the brakes on your browsing, gear up with Opera Turbo compression. Opera servers shrink webpages to as little as 20 percent of their original size, reducing your data costs and turbo-charging your browsing speed.
    • Opera Mobile fine-tunes the look and feel of your browsing with kinetic scrolling, a virtual keyboard and auto-rotation to landscape.

Opera Mobile 10.1 is available for smartphones based on Symbian^3, and Symbian S60 3rd and 5th editions. Opera Mobile is free to download from m.opera.com. Read more about Opera Mobile at www.opera.com/mobile.
--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic