MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Koljoco's port of Dosbox - recompiled for UIQ3

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bee-ant
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: 1st : Ngage QD (satisfied of the game) 2nd : Nokia 9300 (satisfied of the office) 3rd (now) : W950i (satisfied of the music) 4th (next) : looking for camera phone that has decent game,office, and music

PostPosted: Tuesday, 21.Apr.2009 15:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quite probably huh?
Sounds tiny litle and small of chance...
Well,it seems that i have to satisfied with just Win3.1
Oh yah...what about winmo?
Lisa@CPS
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Thanks received:
4 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Symbian

PostPosted: Tuesday, 21.Apr.2009 17:12    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
Sounds tiny litle and small of chance
Not really. Win95 and Win98 could be run with the S60 port of DOSBox, so the same is quite probably possible on UIQ.
pietrekpl
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: moto z8

PostPosted: Tuesday, 21.Apr.2009 21:29    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I don;t know what to do after install dosbox.
i have only black console , i don't even know how to configurate dos.
i can only type numbers . Sad help please.
winh8r
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: M600i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Apr.2009 12:49    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Lisa@CPS wrote:
Old Win versions (aside the NT-line) run on top of DOS. Linux is a separate OS, has nothing to do with DOS, so you can't run it within a DOS emulator.

Actually there were linux distributions that were run straight from DOS as far as I remember (yes it was long time ago Wink so I think we can try ...there's a little chance that I will still have this somewhere...

bee-ant go for P1i Smile

I want to try this dosbox but can you guys tell me:
1. is there a touch (stylus) support as a mouse cursor Smile ? This would be wonderful, I could try classic warcraft Very Happy
2. but then we still probably lack sound blaster emulation, right Wink ?
3. and by default the qwerty is supported or what do I need to do ?
4. were there any programs/games not working not because of ram ?
5. any resolution issues or all 320x240 go smoothly ?
bee-ant
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 1st : Ngage QD (satisfied of the game) 2nd : Nokia 9300 (satisfied of the office) 3rd (now) : W950i (satisfied of the music) 4th (next) : looking for camera phone that has decent game,office, and music

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Apr.2009 15:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

P1i ???
Hmmm...but it has discontinued.
And i dont like buying second phone.
Also the second of W960i is far more expensive than P1i here...so,no choice...I'll go for W960i although i want a qwerty keyboard actualy.
winh8r
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: M600i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Apr.2009 16:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

bee-ant wrote:
P1i ???
Hmmm...but it has discontinued.
And i dont like buying second phone.
Also the second of W960i is far more expensive than P1i here...so,no choice...I'll go for W960i although i want a qwerty keyboard actualy.

Man you don't know what are you talking about actually. What do you mean by second phone? why, because p1i will not be supported? W960i will not be either but that doesn't matter. P1i is still being sold in some places. It's the whole UIQ platform that has been announced to be discontinued soon.
Anyway it does not mean these phones loose on something. I guess new firmware would not be released for p1i/w960i after some time anyway like in case of M600i. And there would be newer UIQ, so UIQ3 would not see new apps after some time. In my view it simply does not change anything, we will still get some new apps/ports made by users as well for maybe 1,5-2 more years I think.
Get your P1i if you want qwerty, it will not be 'dead' sooner than W960i. After all every phone is pronounced 'dead' after some time. But still some people use nokia 3310 and they are happy Smile
bee-ant
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Apr.2009 19:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I mean second-hand. Its discontinued here in my country. I want to buy a "new" phone, not second. It should decided next mont 3rd. And im still confused now, W960i/P1i or E63.
BlueVD
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P1i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 29.Apr.2009 23:05    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ok folks, digging through my notes from way back when i took my MS qualification techie test, I found out a list of minimun hardware requirements for win 95, 98, 98se, ME and NT. Win2k and XP are eliminated because of higher demands from both proc and ram power.
Here's the list:
Win 95 - 386 at 20 mHz proc with 4MB ram (my own sidenotes: 45 mHz and 8 MB ram should suffice)
Win 98 - 486 at ~66 mHz with 16 MB ram (my own sidenotes: 88 - 100 mHz and 24 MB ram work perfect)
Win ME - 150 mHz and 32 MB ram (own sidenotes: it can run on 100 mHz and 24 mb RAM; but I remember that ME did not run straight off DOS... correct me if I'm wrong)
Win NT - 486 proc and 12 mb ram (sidenotes: aprox 66 mHz work ok with 15 mb ram)

Win 95 and 98 can be optimized by deleting unneeded files and by deselecting unnecessary drivers at boot time. I remember having my custom built win98 with a HDD space requirement of only 90 mb and running with only 8 mb SIMM Ram on a proc of 66 mHz anbd the system was fast enough.
So bottom line is, Win 95, NT and 98 are the perf candidates (in this order) for running off DosBox.
I still have original CD's for win95 and 98 somewhere at home, I'll look them up anbd strip unwanted drivbers and programs and give them a run...
bee-ant
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Apr.2009 06:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nice news Very Happy
Thanx...
Now i can test my pc game in my phone with dosbox Very Happy
parycien
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: w950i

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Apr.2009 18:16    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Try Pole Position, please.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/pole-position/screenshots

W_W Wink
Fraglesss
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P1i Fragles Edition

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.May.2009 11:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Anyone know how about touch screen in windows? Wink

It would be the best news now Smile
bee-ant
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.May.2009 11:36    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Fraglesss wrote:
Anyone know how about touch screen in windows? Wink

It would be the best news now Smile

It's easy...
Use your finger or something to touch it Very Happy
Semotd
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 10.May.2009 16:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

all i need is the right dosbox.conf file (more the auto run piece) to start windows. PLS help me!
Semotd
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 11.May.2009 17:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Semotd wrote:
all i need is the right dosbox.conf file (more the auto run piece) to start windows. PLS help me!

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c d:\data\windows\
c:
c:\win.com

that is the last piece of the DOS config file but my phone crashes and makes a dump file and stops dosbox. can anybody help? PLEASE!
bee-ant
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 11.May.2009 17:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Ìt seems i cant open dosbox on W960i...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic