MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
E-mail via SMS, and MMC maximum size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS Series 80 Communicators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBIsaacs
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia 9300

PostPosted: Sunday, 15.Nov.2009 07:41    Post subject: E-mail via SMS, and MMC maximum size   Reply with quote   

With most of my Nokia phones there is a facility for sending short e-mail messages via SMS. It generally asks for the e-mail address, then the message, then to where it will be sent (500 in the case of T-Mobile. I cannot figure out how to do this on my Cingular 9300b. While I can obviously brute-force this by sending a text message to 500 in the format

emailaddress/subject/message

I was hoping that there was a simpler solution that I had simply not found.

Also, what is the maximum size MMC card that can be used with this device?
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
481 in 353 posts
Thanks given: 110

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Monday, 16.Nov.2009 11:11    Post subject: Re: E-mail via SMS, and MMC maximum size   Reply with quote   

RBIsaacs wrote:
With most of my Nokia phones there is a facility for sending short e-mail messages via SMS. It generally asks for the e-mail address, then the message, then to where it will be sent (500 in the case of T-Mobile. I cannot figure out how to do this on my Cingular 9300b.

The Nokia 9300b is a special Cingular version with a somewhat modified firmware, so I don't know if this feature is supported on the 9300b. But it is on all other versions of the 9300, see the Nokia 9300 user guides.

RBIsaacs wrote:
Also, what is the maximum size MMC card that can be used with this device?

Usually memory cards are supported up to 2GB in the later firmware versions.

--
Bent Laursen
RBIsaacs
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 16.Nov.2009 14:15    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Brent -

I guess I will get the terminal updated from 6.03 to 6.27, which should take care of the MMC issue.

I have looked at the user guide to which you pointed me, and, unlike other manuals (6310i, for example) can't seem anything on e-mail via SMS. The writers seem to assume you have an Internet connection, which I don't.

Could you perhaps point me to the right place in the manual?

Thanks/Richard
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
481 in 353 posts
Thanks given: 110

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Monday, 16.Nov.2009 14:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

RBIsaacs wrote:
I guess I will get the terminal updated from 6.03 to 6.27, which should take care of the MMC issue.

I don't know if there is a new firmware version for the 9300b. It has a somewhat different hardware from the ordinary 9300. You could check with http://www.iunlock.com/ .

RBIsaacs wrote:
I have looked at the user guide to which you pointed me, and, unlike other manuals (6310i, for example) can't seem anything on e-mail via SMS. The writers seem to assume you have an Internet connection, which I don't.

Could you perhaps point me to the right place in the manual?

It is in one of the settings for the SMS Editor. Open a new SMS and go to the settings.

--
Bent Laursen
RBIsaacs
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 17.Nov.2009 06:48    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:

I don't know if there is a new firmware version for the 9300b. It has a somewhat different hardware from the ordinary 9300. You could check with http://www.iunlock.com/ .

--
Bent Laursen

I sent the terminal to Evan this morning to be flashed and de-customized. I will report back when it returns later this week.

Thanks/Richard
MatthewBrian
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

Phone: Nokia 9500 Communicator

PostPosted: Wednesday, 18.Nov.2009 17:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The maximum size for the MMC cards are 2GB. Cards above this size are not guaranteed to work.
RBIsaacs
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 02.Dec.2009 18:46    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I had the phone flashed to the most-current version. The only difference I see is that a few characters are in odd places, and I can no longer connect to my computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS Series 80 Communicators All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic