MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
New for S80: TimeTable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS Series 80 Communicators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monqs
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia 9500

PostPosted: Tuesday, 24.Nov.2009 13:25    Post subject: New for S80: TimeTable   Reply with quote   

This FileNote macro displays weekly planner grids / timetables for up to 6 groups. Setting it up to run as a macro means that it displays almost instantly - much faster than setting it up as an application. Single key hot keys allow very fast navigation and table switching.

The contents of each cell can be edited, coloured, deleted, cut, copied or pasted into another cell. Colour coding cells makes it very easy to identify particular subjects. The macro can handle up to 6 files or classes, each of which will present as a separate screen. Each entry can be linked to an entry in the in-built Calendar and Clock applications, particularly useful for setting up alarms. A sidebar view allows comparison with calendar entries. Assignment due dates can be handled via the cell entry dialog.

The macro can be used for a number of purposes:
- display of class timetables for up to 6 groups
- assignment manager, which can be used to track due dates for assignments for up to 6 class groups
- room / sports pitch booking system for up to 6 rooms or pitches

The macro can be downloaded from the Macros & Plugins folder in the Files section of the FileNote group at Yahoo at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/FileNote/

The file download link is: http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sLwLS7Wyj8fwjyZZoHdlqHV1eEs0cCjqCl1jc5kno knniazlhWdl8IUxohijfXda5NeepnJ7hblO1rzCg0mOnTwwYTuMFg/Macros%20%26%20P lugins/TimeTable101.zip

Thanks to Edo for his invaluable assistance in writing this macro.

Best wishes,
Martin O'Neill
[/img]
Sera
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
13 in 10 posts
Thanks given: 32

Phone: Nokia 9210 (x 13), 9210i (x 4), 9110 (x 3 + 1 PROTO), 7710, 6680, 9300 (x 2) and Motorola A925

PostPosted: Tuesday, 24.Nov.2009 23:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Good job Martin! Nice to see someone else has the developing spark for the S80 platform still! I didn't have FileNote installed so I joined the Yahoo! group and downloaded it, installed a few OPX files and tried this macro - it is fast as you stated.

I'm currently using it as my work scheduler, but I can see that this could do as a perfect school timetable. A very welcome and useful addition to the Series 80 developing circle.

My overflowingly full timetable Rolling Eyes
monqs
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia 9500

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.Nov.2009 09:56    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thank you Sera. I'm glad to see that TimeTable is of use to someone else. Since you have now joined the Yahoo! group, try out some of the other FileNote macros in the files section.

Best wishes,
Martin O'Neill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS Series 80 Communicators All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic