MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
gp2xpectrum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parycien
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: w950i

PostPosted: Monday, 14.Dec.2009 03:02    Post subject: gp2xpectrum   Reply with quote   

gp2xpectrum v1.7.2 for GP2X ported by Hermes and continued by Metalbrain & Seleuco with patches by kounch & GnoStiC.
TZX support is not at 100% compatability but all valid Z80 files should work.

* Full tzx support. New tape code for tap and tzx formats.
* Added Tape sound emulation.
* "fast loading" option to disable speed emulation, tape sound, and contended mode while the game is loaded.
* Full speed emulation with sound at 133mhz with monophonic sound at 44KHZ (support of beeper and AY)
* Allows .z80, .sp, .tap, .tzx, .sna and .dsk (+3 disks - including save states) ZX Spectrum formats
* Files can be compressed in BZIP2 or ZIP (the first file with valid extension in the zip will be loaded)
* Allows save states (.sav)
* Supports TV-Out
* Virtual keyboard allows assignment keys to the GP2X controls
* Emulates ZX Spectrum joysticks
* Full screen mode (removes the border)
* Battery power monitor
* Sleep mode
* POKE manager
* Photo mode (screen shots)
* Simulation of the disc LED by means of the battery LED
* MMU Hack: After applying Squidge's hack, Metalbrain's been able to reduce CPU speed needs to 120MHz (frameskip 1)/166MHz (no frameskip)

Download:
Quote:
Here
AnotherGuest
DEVELOPER
DEVELOPER

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
32 in 17 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P910, N-Gage, P990, M600, 6680, N70, N80, U300

PostPosted: Monday, 14.Dec.2009 09:15    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nice! But the MMU hack is NOT really valid for the UIQ3 devices. Smile But the first parts is. I get around 20-30 fps (rendered 50fps emulated) on my test M600.
parycien
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: w950i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Dec.2009 08:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

tip to make games run faster, at normal speed
put "FS auto, contention OFF" (default is contention On)
and sound quality at 11025

rod-land is running veeeery fine Smile
What can be better than this for our uiq3 this christmas?

Maybe mame or amiga; or master system or gamegear, or frodoo or .. god i I Love You spectrum!!! I Love You
elmy000
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia N-Gage QD

PostPosted: Tuesday, 27.Apr.2010 14:13    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi AnotherGuest.

This is a great release.

Works so much better than speccy. Quicker, easier, more seductive!!

I run this on my N95 and the only issue (minor) is that I have the left soft key set as the fire button (return). This works fine, but on some games it also presses return (so on Jet Set willy everytime you jump the music goes off, and comes on, and goes off, also on Nebulus it causes it to pause, un-pause, pause and so on).

Is it possible to sort this using the CTRL 7 or 8 or 9 (K J and M options) so that when in joystick mode it only responds to to keyboard input through the vkb (similar to how it works in UAE4all)

Cool

You have a lot of great stuff, Picodrive s60 3rd (I love playing Outrun, it is so just like the arcade version) & UAE4All s60 3rd are still my favourites (SSI Ad&d series is great on this - as dosbox ones just run to slow), but I still would like to see you squeeze in an an s60 3rd compile of SMS Plus, coz master gear suffers from the same limitations as speccy (same author). Its all because of his user interface its slow, and you can't map the left softkey because the menu's override it.

Yours is better, works well with all your emulators and rott and wolfenstein and duke3d.

The only other thing please do a fix to seperate SOD and WOLF3D so that both can be installed on the phone simultaneously..... pleaseeeee!!!
I can't order you about, I notice you get all sorts of requests for bits and pieces like this, I just think SMS Plus is every bit as good as pico and is worth keeping current.

regards
elmy000
chriswyatt
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 97

PostPosted: Saturday, 22.Jan.2011 22:54    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Help! I was navigating around the program list and entered a directory but I was unable to come back out and the program list is completely empty. I see no way to go back up a directory again.

Also the program list is still empty when I exit and re-enter the app, I've also tried reinstalling it to no avail. Is there a configuration file anywhere I could delete to get it in the same state it was when I first installed it?
avoidz
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: i8910

PostPosted: Thursday, 24.May.2012 15:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

chriswyatt wrote:
Help! I was navigating around the program list and entered a directory but I was unable to come back out and the program list is completely empty. I see no way to go back up a directory again.

Also the program list is still empty when I exit and re-enter the app, I've also tried reinstalling it to no avail. Is there a configuration file anywhere I could delete to get it in the same state it was when I first installed it?

Same thing happened to me after renaming my rom directories. I uninstalled the application and then used Xplore to delete a GP2XPECTRUM folder from C: drive (even though I'd installed on E: mass memory), then I reinstalled and was able to see the directory tree again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Posting/discussing/exchanging warez/cracks/serial numbers/links to web sites offering such resources and/or any other illegal content
is FORBIDDEN on this forum and results in an immediate BAN.

Symbian and all Symbian-based marks and logos are trade marks of Symbian Software Limited.
This website is not in any way endorsed or supported by Symbian Software Limited.    (C) 2001 My-Symbian.com All Rights Reserved