MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Flaemo - Flash Based maemo-like OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N97

PostPosted: Monday, 12.Apr.2010 06:30    Post subject: Flaemo - Flash Based maemo-like OS   Reply with quote   

Hi all. I am already running this project called Flaemo.
The whole thing has been design mainly for N900 and this is my current test platform. Inspired by Maemo and Flash I wold like to extend functionality of your mobile device. For this reason I need any feedback from any other Flash-enabled devices.

Presentation of the idea
www.flaemo.com

Version under development (here you can simply sent your device configuration to me you can ignore it if you using PC/MAC I have tones of it already:D, Normal computers are going to be supported by definition anyway.)
www.flaemo.com/test

There is a lot of bad things and urban legends about Flash, It's really good platform for many things. But the reality is most of content around the network is just badly done. Especially for mobile devices. This is proof of concept that is possible to make something useful and at least you can enjoy it on your mobile.

Any Full Flash enabled devices these days can access it. (this is not Flash Lite). This is matter of time more and more good Flash apps will be available and mobile friendly. Adobe is about to release GPU accelerated Flash player 10.1 quite soon.
That will speed up a lot of things. Anyway this project is accessible even via s60 with Skyfire browser. I need more feedback from users to support as many devices I can. As well as any performance readings will be helpful in this case. At the moment it's still Flash 9 version and as much useful application or games I can add there as long I will support old version of the Flash player.

Last edited by devu on Friday, 16.Apr.2010 09:43; edited 1 time in total
tviard
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990i, N900

PostPosted: Monday, 12.Apr.2010 10:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

That's really nice ! It rocks ! Any idea if GPU support will be included in N900's flash ? I think it will be very important for this kind of flash app...
devu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 12.Apr.2010 18:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I am sure about it that will be.

This is quite old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pee3nT4bPw4&feature=PlayList&p=ED0D4695 28648D64&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=31

And first device presented is N900.

Nokia is a sponsor of Open Screen Project lead by Adobe as well.

Adobe already released flash 10.1 RC (Release Candidate). So, it's just matter of weeks. And As you see, Flash 9 can work on int quite well but with flash 10.1 you have access to accelerometer, internal mic, GPS and camera as well as Full Tap and gesture events support rather than mouse.

It's very exiting time for Flash on mobile devices Smile
ggroen
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: N810, 6230i

PostPosted: Monday, 12.Apr.2010 18:58    Post subject: Re: Flaemo - Flash Based maemo-like OS   Reply with quote   

devu wrote:
Hi all. I am already running this project called Flaemo.
The whole thing has been design mainly for N900 and this is my current test platform. Inspired by Maemo and Flash I wold like to extend functionality of your mobile device. For this reason I need any feedback from any other Flash-enabled devices.

Presentation of the idea
www.flaemo.com

it does not work yet on my N900. It says my device is not supported and I am asked to state the name of my device, so I did, Should it work allready on N900?
Greets
devu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 12.Apr.2010 19:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yes no worries Smile It works on N900 for sure because I am targeting this device at first. I am showing this pop-up to everyone to collect as much data I can from many different configurations to run the app best possible way and performance - wise

For example when you running it with your MicroB browser on n900 you have native top bar on top. When you go to full screen internal top menu bar will appear. But also when you have portrait mode on (hold ctrl + shift + o) whole thing will change layout fit your screen perfectly.

But of course that's not the case for any different devices and PC/MAC. I have tones of emails from you guys and now I am adding data to Device Manager. Thanks a lot for support!.
tviard
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P990i, N900

PostPosted: Tuesday, 13.Apr.2010 17:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

One more thing for it to work, I have to put MicroB fullscreen AND switch to pointer mode ! If not in pointer mode, I can slide the screen.
devu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 13.Apr.2010 22:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

That's true, I can't change this behavior unfortunately. That's how MicroB has being design. I am testing it on Midori as well, where that mode is default, Midori is a bit better with Flash, but is not very stable itself Sad
However I am working on support even on in this default mode by tapping on the edge of the screen plus ability to operate using keyboard and arrows.

Don't get me wrong, this app can be useful for you in many different occasion on PC/MAC to share your virtual maemo desktop with others.
That can be available on your mobile as well but is not about replace Maemo Smile

For sure you will find many good applications in the future that you cannot for your mobile. In that case will extend functionality of your device. But if you have some app already on your device I recommend you to use native one to save battery.

One of the App I am working on is Portfolio. Imagine you have an appointment, looking for job. And crying your phone. You can present your stuff on mobile in this case. But after meeting the boss of that company can take a look closer again when you leave just because of curiosity Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic