MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Cannot pair to my cars bluetooth device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnest
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: N71

PostPosted: Tuesday, 31.Aug.2010 04:45    Post subject: Cannot pair to my cars bluetooth device   Reply with quote   

I have tried to pair my N900 to a blue tooth device in my car many times both before and after PR 1.2 without any luck. I have no problem pairing with my old phone E71.

In the manual for the cars blue tooth device it says:
Complies with:
Bluetooth profile: v1.1
Bluetooth Headset Profile: v1.1
Hand-free profile: v1.0 handsets

I must admit I don't know how to solve this.
Can anyone please help me?

Arne Rolling Eyes
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Tuesday, 31.Aug.2010 13:05    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The N900 should pair with any Bluetooth car kit without any problems as it supports both HFP and HSP. It paired successfully with my Citroen C5's built-in BT on the first day and has been working since then. I've never had any problems pairing it with any other device...

What's the device/car you're trying to pair it with?
Dr. Nitun
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia Lumia 900, iPhone 4s, Blackberry Torch (ugh), Nokia N900, Nokia E71, Nokia N96, Nokia E90, Sony Ericsson P990i, Nokia 9300i, and Nokia 9300

PostPosted: Tuesday, 31.Aug.2010 20:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hello,

I was weary about this as well since I had annoying paring issues with my Jawbone 2 Prime. I just recently installed a Kenwood Navi/Bluetooth for my car and it pairs/works magically. It is glorious!

I would look into an update with your car bluetooth maybe? Many manufactors of car bluetooth units have updated already for them. I know mine does already but I did not bother since mine was working from day 1.
arnest
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 02.Sep.2010 07:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thane's for answers,
I actually don't know the device since the manual is made by Honda and my car is Honda CRV less than one year old. I live in Asia Thailand. When I ask Honda Thailand they don't know or they don't want to tell me. They claim its nothing wrong with the car device.

I have tried every thinkable procedure tricks. I may end up with change device solution but I feel it should not be the first step.

It will be fantastic if someone have Honda car with installed blue tooth device delivered by Honda.

Any tip on how to proceed ? Cool
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Thursday, 02.Sep.2010 15:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Maybe the car kit can be paired with only one device a time? Have you tried removing the E71 pairing prior to pairing the N900?
arnest
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 03.Sep.2010 12:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thank you Michal,
The device can take 3 blue tooth devices and push out the first one when the forth paired.
Any way in my phone I had 3 already so I deleted one of them and I let the pairing go on more than 2-3 minutes then the pairing worked.

So now I want to tank you for the tip and I can use my N900 with blue tooth for the first time.

The car device can also voice dialing so I join you in the cue for voice dialing on N900.
Arne Laughing
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 03.Sep.2010 12:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'm glad it worked! Actually not the way I suggested, but still Wink

Regarding voice dialing, I guess it'll never come to the N900. Nokia isn't interested in porting/creating it and it's too complicated (requires voice recognition technology etc.) for the community to make it.

However, I was able to apply the patch providing PBAP and IrMC support (see here) and after playing with it a little bit I discovered that my car's BT device supports IrMC rather than PBAP. After I enabled IrMC, I can at least select contacts and make calls using the controls behind the steering wheel and the car's display, without having to take out the actual phone and dialing from there. It's just that, still no recently dialed/received/missed calls lists and no caller ID on the display and not even just the number (but I can hear the name of the caller thanks to the eSpeakCaller app so I know who's calling) but it's better than nothing. At least I won't kill myself trying to make a call using the phone while driving Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic