MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Camera application does not launch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Nitun
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia Lumia 900, iPhone 4s, Blackberry Torch (ugh), Nokia N900, Nokia E71, Nokia N96, Nokia E90, Sony Ericsson P990i, Nokia 9300i, and Nokia 9300

PostPosted: Monday, 22.Nov.2010 05:23    Post subject: Camera application does not launch   Reply with quote   

Hello,

My camera application is acting strange lately. Whenever I want to snap a picture, I just open my lens cover and the camera application loads automatically. Now, whenever I open the lens cover, the camera application loads to the point where the app is actaully open with a screenshot visible but then it closes itself and returns me to the multi-task screen with the message: "Operation failed".

I rebotted numerous times. I looked at my software and even uninstalled "Flashlight" (even though I never used it before but it was the only software I could think of associated with the lens cover). I have the apps "FCamera" and "BlessN900" installed but have not used them in quite sometime.

Must I reflash everything here or ....??
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1096 in 698 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Monday, 22.Nov.2010 11:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Uninstall FCam drivers and FCamera, reboot the phone and check if the standard camera starts working. If so, try reinstalling FCamera (which will also reinstall FCam drivers) and check again if the standard Camera app still works.
Dr. Nitun
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia Lumia 900, iPhone 4s, Blackberry Torch (ugh), Nokia N900, Nokia E71, Nokia N96, Nokia E90, Sony Ericsson P990i, Nokia 9300i, and Nokia 9300

PostPosted: Tuesday, 23.Nov.2010 22:26    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal,

It did the job...thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic