MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Nokia Suite 3.x

Go to page
1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 25.Nov.2010 13:50    Post subject: Nokia Suite 3.x   Reply with quote   

Nokia Beta labs has released Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta. Excerpt:
    Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta
    Welcome to Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta (release 3.0.0.254)! Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 has gone through private alpha testing here in Nokia Beta Labs for about a month now, and we are finally ready to raise the curtain for all of you. We have been working hard to improve the quality of Nokia Ovi Suite, for example stability, syncing and the experience with downloading maps. Installation and first-time use have been optimized to reduce the steps needed to take Nokia Ovi Suite in use. We have also introduced a new Home view, and integrated our music experience with the millions of tracks available on Ovi Music even more closely to Nokia Ovi Suite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr1LfGts5Y0

What's new in Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0

A new Home view
    • Get quick access to your content and to sync
    • View recommended apps and games from Ovi Store
    • View recommended music from Ovi Music *
    • Receive notifications to update your phone software and to back up your phone
    • Connect to the internet without a fixed connection or WLAN

Introducing Ovi Music
    • Get full control of playback
    • Discover and download your favourites from the millions of tracks available on Ovi*
    • Drag music to and from your phone
    • Have access to your Ovi Music Unlimited account *
    • Get all the features you need in Nokia Ovi Suite - no need for a separate player

Other improvements
    • Experience the faster and simpler installation
    • Delete individual maps from your phone, download maps with greater reliability
    • Enjoy improvements to syncing and stability

How you can help:
    • Download Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta and install it on your computer.
    • Share your feedback about using Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta via Beta Labs feedback channels. See further instructions at the end of page.
    • Whenever an update to Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta is released, please install it. During the Beta period, we aim to release new update releases regularly.

Make a difference – give feedback!
    Share your experiences, improvement suggestions or new ideas for the development of Nokia Ovi Suite on the Beta Labs discussion forum. You can submit Discussions, Suggestions, Reviews and Bug reports. You can attach screenshots and log files with a detailed error reporting form. Your feedback helps make Nokia Ovi Suite meet your needs even better.

*If you have Ovi Music Unlimited supported phone, you can download with Nokia Ovi Suite all the music what you want. Note, for the time being, you need to activate Ovi Music Unlimited feature with Nokia Ovi Player PC application. We're working to get Ovi Music Unlimited activation into Nokia Ovi Suite.

If you have Ovi Music store credits, you can download music tracks with Nokia Ovi Suite from Ovi Music store. Ovi Music store is available in following countries: UK, Singapore, Australia, Italy, Sweden, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Switzerland, South Africa, Austria, Netherlands, Finland, Spain, Russia, Malaysia, Jordan, Lebanon, UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Palestinian Territory, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Indonesia, China, India , Turkey, Argentina, Chile, France, Ireland, Portugal, Norway, Poland
--
Bent Laursen

Last edited by BentL on Tuesday, 18.Oct.2011 13:42; edited 2 times in total
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Thursday, 25.Nov.2010 19:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i beta'd this and for the n900, it still:

-boyched my contacts
-crashed incesently
-takes forever to sync
-doesnt sync the mutli calendars
-wouldnt sync with ov
-home view shows apps for the s60/sym^3. wouldnt show the maemo apps.i

i would recomend that you copy your pst file first!

i believe it would work better on a 32bit pc, but i only tested it on a 64bit because most pc are being sold wigh 64bit now.

i had many hours of challenges with it and tried to install it directly and in compatibility mode. it didnt matter.

pc suite is still the winner here.
aQUICK1
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Thursday, 25.Nov.2010 23:25    Post subject: OVI suite   Reply with quote   

the beta works fine for me, installed with admin rights on w7 64, no complains here, all functions available and working! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 03.Jan.2011 15:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 is no longer in beta, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Get Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0
    Are you in for some improvements to Nokia Ovi Suite? Looking to update your current version? Go get the latest version of this free application at www.ovi.com/suite. If you currently have Nokia Ovi Suite installed, you can also update the software by selecting Tools > Software updates in the menu bar. As Nokia Ovi Suite lets you know when an update is available, some of you may already have received the update notification and downloaded Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.

With this latest release, you can:

• Get started in almost no time: have the installation take place more quickly and simply
    • Create the connection between your phone and computer and sync your content with added reliability
    • Get quick access to both your own content and recommendations of new music, apps, games, and more from the Home view
    • Explore and enjoy the millions of music tracks available on Ovi and download the best picks directly to your computer
    • Save in data transfer costs – download free street maps and voice guidance files for your phone
    • Have the application use language that is closer to normal, every-day speech
    • Enjoy your photos and videos in a splendid full-screen view
    • Export your text messages for storing and viewing on your computer

To learn more about the new features and improvements included in Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0, see the article published during the application’s beta phase.

Let us know what you think about this new release, how you like the improvements, and what still needs to be done to make Nokia Ovi Suite meet your needs better.
--
Bent Laursen
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 323

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Thursday, 20.Jan.2011 14:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Is it possible to sync contacts to a specific folder in Outlook by now?

Last time I tried the beta, there were no settings (or at least none that I have seen) to adjust this.
I don't want to get all my work contacts on my N900, and also not all of my private contacts showing up in the main Outlook contacts folder.

With PC suite, I can sync my N900 to a seperate folder in Outlook, allowing me to copy contacts easily between phone and main Outlook contacts folder.

As long as this is not possible in Ovi Suite, I will stay with PC suite.
Although in theory I like the posiblility to sync to Thunderbird on my home PC. But again, no support for seperate folders...

Why is Nokia going backwards here?
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 28.Jan.2011 17:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

New Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.289 update is avilable at Nokia Beta labs, see forum post. Excerpt:
    New Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.0.289 update
    New Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.0.289 update is now available for download . This new version comes with simplified ovi.com contacts synchronization and critical fixes to device connectivity in Nokia Ovi Suite. You can download installation package from Nokia Ovi Suite's Beta Labs download page:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-ovi-suite-3-0-beta/download_and_i nstallation

Key changes in this release:

• Syncing contacts is now easier directly between your device and ovi.com. Manage your contacts online and sync them back whenever you need. From Nokia Ovi Suite, ovi.com contacts sync has been removed
    • Corrections to certain crash situations during calendar and task synchronization with Outlook
    • Corrections to certain crash situations with contacts sync with Outlook
    • Fixed error in first synchronization after updating Nokia Ovi Suite
    • Corrections to device connectivity in first time user experience, first connectivity to device is now more reliable

Gives us feedback about this release in discussion forums http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-ovi-suite-3-0-beta/discussion . We plan to release this release officially during next week. If no new major issues are found, this release will be then released officially to consumers.
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz, arnest

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 17.Feb.2011 18:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

New Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0.290 update is avilable at Nokia Beta labs. From the description:
    Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta
    Welcome to Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta (latest version 3.0.0.290)!
--
Bent Laursen
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 17.Feb.2011 18:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

yes.

now, if they can just make this suite so that it does not constantly crash on 64bit machines.

btw...they also updated the pc suite to 7.1.6.0, which included a shortcut to ovi suite. :p
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 29.Mar.2011 16:36    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Beta labs has released Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1 Beta. Excerpt:
    Try out the new and improved Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1
    A new version of Nokia Ovi Suite is now up for grabs (available since Friday).

When working on this latest version, we’ve focused on improving the quality. As our main goal is to bring Nokia Ovi Suite onto a new level of reliability, we’ve now picked only a few select features to be added.

We’ve enhanced key parts of Nokia Ovi Suite to make sure they are easy and efficient to use. For example, updating your phone software and mobile apps takes place more easily and you can now update both in one go. What’s more, when you choose to download something from Ovi Store through Nokia Ovi Suite, the download link is sent to your phone. You can then go on to download the selected item directly to your phone. This saves some of your valuable time and there’s no need to open a web browser on your desktop anymore.

Then there are the new additions. You can see the results of your latest sync in the Sync log view. The results include all the details that were added, updated or deleted during the sync, in addition to the information where each of these changes took place. Keeping track of your map downloads is now easier than before, too, as you can view your download queue by clicking Downloads in the Maps view. And, if you feel that sending text messages to groups is something you’ve been missing, you’ll probably be happy to know that creating contact groups is possible in the Contacts view. Sending messages to all the members of a specific group is then simple to do in the Messaging view.

We’ve been busy getting Nokia Ovi Suite to work with greater reliability. Creating the connection between your phone and computer and syncing content between the two have been improved with critical fixes. You might also like to check out the fine-tuned playback of high-definition videos. Playing your videos with Nokia Ovi Suite is now smoother and nicer than ever before.

Any feedback on Nokia Ovi Suite is greatly appreciated, so if you’d like to share your ideas for improvement or describe what makes you happy, tell us what’s on your mind.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 29.Apr.2011 15:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Beta labs has updated Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1 Beta to version 3.1.0.81, see post. Excerpt:
    Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.0.81 Beta update available
    Thanks for all for the feedback we have received during NOS 3.1 Beta! We've released new Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.0.81 Beta update. It's recommended update for all Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1 Beta users. Just use Nokia Ovi Suite's own update mechanism to update into latest Beta version.

3.1.0.81 Beta includes an important fix to S40 device software update bug which was already reported here: https://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-ovi-suite-3-1-beta/discussion/28 615/please-do-not-update-s40-devices-with-nokia-ovi-suite

This version also includes many other error corrections in various areas and stability fixes.

Please let us know the feedback and if you have details like screen shots, crash dump or log files, you can attach those using our detailed error reporting form at http://tiny.cc/ja40z. The form includes detailed instructions for log collection.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 15.Jun.2011 14:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Beta Labs has updated Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1 Beta to version 3.1.1.40, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Nokia Get the new Nokia Ovi Suite for Windows
    Ready to update your Nokia Ovi Suite? A brand new version, Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1.40 Beta, is now available at Nokia Beta Labs. This version is just a few tweaks away from being a final product, but that’s exactly why we’d like you to give it a go. You can help us make sure that Nokia Ovi Suite meets the needs of our users, so we’re inviting you to try the application out and let us know how it could work even better.

Downloading apps and maps is now the easiest it’s ever been with Nokia Ovi Suite. You can get free apps directly from the Home view to your connected phone. Simply point to the app that you want and click “Download and install” to have it installed to your phone from Ovi Store. Quick and easy, that’s what it is

The Maps view has seen a lot of improvements. Simplicity and ease of use are the key assets that are in the spotlight here. You can instantly see which maps you already have on your phone, so managing your mobile maps is effortless. Finding the maps you want and keeping track of the ongoing downloads is more straightforward than before. And, downloading many maps at the same time can help you save a lot of time.

And there’s more. With the latest version, you’ll be able to install small update packages to Nokia Ovi Suite more smoothly and with minimal interruptions to what you’re doing. Because of the small size of the packages, updating can take place more swiftly than before. This is why the update patches are an efficient way to sort out any problems that need an urgent fix.

Once you’ve tried out the new version, do let us know what you think about it. If you’d like to share your ideas for improvement or describe what makes you happy, tell us what’s on your mind.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 04.Jul.2011 10:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1 Beta has been updated and now been released officially, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1 Beta graduates to official release
    Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1 Beta has now graduated and we’ve released Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1.75 for direct downloads at www.nokia.com/ovisuite. We’re also updating current Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.1 Beta users to this official release. We’re planning to start web update for existing Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1.0.91 (and older) users in the coming weeks, so then Nokia Ovi Suite will notify existing users about the new update.

Getting feedback about a product is important for us, so that we can see what are the currently most pressing issues to improve. You can continue providing feedback for us in Nokia Support Discussions’s Nokia Ovi Suite forum.

We would like to thank everybody who participated in this round of Nokia Ovi Suite Beta testing and who gave us important information about how well the product works. We wish to see you again soon, in our next update.
--
Bent Laursen
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 07.Jul.2011 08:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

fyi

this 3.1.1 version is the first versionthat i have been able to successfully sync my contacts and calendar successfully with the n900.

albiet, i had to do only contacts alone and then calendar alone, and it took over 40 minutes to do it. it crashed after 22 minutes of trying to sync calendar/notes and contacts at the same time.

still, pc suite is supreme at less then 2-ish minutes to syncboth calendar/notes and contacts without crashing.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 26.Aug.2011 15:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia Beta Labs has ended its beta test of Nokia Software Updater for Windows, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Nokia Software Updater for Windows beta phase has ended
    Nokia Software Updater 3.0.495 for Windows has been released to consumers. When you start your NSU client next time, you will get the latest NSU version automatically.

Changes in NSU 3.0.495:

• Support for Symbian Anna release
    • Application update fixes
    • USB HUB Warning

We will continue to update Nokia Software Updater regularly, but we don’t expect any big UI changes in the near future.

Thank you for the feedback during this beta phase. It has helped us to develop the product and find problems before the big release. At this point we'll conclude the beta trial here at Nokia Beta Labs.

PS - Note that Nokia Software Updater for Mac continues as a separate beta.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 18.Oct.2011 13:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Ovi Suite has been renamed to Nokia Suite. Nokia Beta Labs has released Nokia Suite 3.2 Beta for Windows. Excerpt:
    Nokia Suite 3.2 Beta for Windows
    Straight to the download page.

Nokia Ovi Suite became Nokia Suite
    Welcome to Nokia Suite 3.2.66 Beta. As you can see, we've worked hard and refreshed Nokia Ovi Suite's visual style and also changed name to be Nokia Suite.

New items in Nokia Suite 3.2 compared to Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1:

• Nokia Ovi Suite is now called Nokia Suite
    • The application has a refreshed look and feel
    • The new Support view offers info and help with using Nokia Suite and your phone
    • The Support view helps make sure you have enough free space on your phone
    • The improved sync log shows you what has changed during syncing
    • Software updates for your phone software and phone applications now run more reliably
    • You might also notice, that Nokia Suite doesn't anymore run the MPlatform.exe process - we've removed that from our architecture. You'll see MPlatform.exe still running, if you have Nokia Ovi Player installed on the same PC
    • Of course, new Nokia Suite 3.2 contains lots more new stuff, huge amount of different errors have been corrected and also many crash issues have been resolved

So now, please download Nokia Suite 3.2.66 Beta

Getting feedback about a product is important for us, so that we can see what are currently the most pressing issues to improve. We have in Nokia Suite 3.2 a new way of providing feedback, built directly into Nokia Suite. If you have feedback that you want to share with us, just go to the "Help" menu and select "Send feedback". You can also provide feedback through Nokia Betalabs discussion forums. However, the preferred way of providing feedback is Nokia Suite's own feedback dialog. Instructions for bug reporting can be found here.

We're especially interested in feedback concerning the following areas:

• Phone software updates
    • Maps downloads
    • Photos, videos and music, topics related to watch folders
    • PIM sync (contacs, calendar, notes, bookmarks)

We welcome all feedback during Nokia Suite 3.2 Beta and the best Beta feedbacks will get small prizes via lottery. So be active!

PS. For you Nokia N9 lovers. If you have Nokia N9, you can use Nokia Link for moving music, photos and videos between your phone and a Windows or Mac computer. Get Nokia Link here, the installation takes just a few seconds.
--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic