MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Suggestions? E90 outer display light but blank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition Communicators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnAx
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia 9500

PostPosted: Friday, 08.Apr.2011 11:33    Post subject: Suggestions? E90 outer display light but blank   Reply with quote   

E90 outer display went dead - no display of any kind. Replaced with third-party. Now comes on all bright white but no picture. Display dims etc properly on time-outs. Everything else works perfectly.
dannycamps
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
86 in 57 posts
Thanks given: 9

Phone: Nokia 9000i, Nokia 9290, Nokia 9500, Nokia E90, Nokia N900, Nokia E7, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 1520

PostPosted: Friday, 08.Apr.2011 13:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

E90 outer display went dead - no display of any kind. Replaced with third-party. Now comes on all bright white but no picture. Display dims etc properly on time-outs. Everything else works perfectly.

Did you reconnect the screen properly? The backlight is obviously getting power but may not be getting a video signal. Are you sure the screen you purchased is compatible with the E90?
JohnAx
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia 9500

PostPosted: Friday, 08.Apr.2011 16:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Correctness of the replacement display is a question I hope someone who knows can address here.

I've been trying to find a cheap as-is E90 so I can harvest a genuine Nokia product, but meanwhile tried something from the aftermarket. They're typically advertised as being compatible with several Nokia phones including E90 but the sellers may not really know.

The front LCD display uses a reasonably robust multi-pin connector and thus reconnection is probably successful. Nokia troubleshooting recommends examing that connector, then the two on the edge of the carrier board, thence back into the lower half.

I wouldn't call the effect I see on the display 'backlight' (as for the keyboard etc) but rather an all-white display i.e. all the pixels are 'on' creating an all-white picture.

BTW a UK source said there were two variations of this display for E90.

Nokia also warns not to handle the product except by the sides, since pressing the screen can damage it. (Despite the protective film I think one does that naturally anyway.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition Communicators All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic