MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
YOSMAPA - new GPS navigation product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmarksx19
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: N900

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Jun.2011 12:41    Post subject: YOSMAPA - new GPS navigation product   Reply with quote   

Hi all,

Not my application, yoyoek1 is a VERY talented developer who has written a navigation application - yosmapa and it is available in extra-devel repository.

I have been using it since the first version and it seems very stable and full of functionality.

The best thing is (for me anyway) that the developer is adding functionality on a daily basis and is very open to suggestions for further improvements.

It is based on plug-ins and so far has the following features:

Multiple map sources
    POIs
    Send current location by SMS (sends a link to google maps web page of your location)
    Voice navigation using espeak (with or without spoken street names)
    Automatic recalculation of route if you miss a turn (selectable distance before recalculating)
    Time to arrival and average speed stats
    One click to call from Google places
    Search for places as well as addresses
    Navigate by driving, bicycle or walking
    Save/load GPX

Please give it a try and let me know your feedback/suggestions, I will keep the project tracker updated with reported bugs and feature requests.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: pvanbeek

Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1090 in 695 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Jun.2011 14:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

It is also listed in our Maemo Software catalog:

http://my-maemo.com/software/applications.php?name=Yosmapa&fldAuto=230 7&faq=38

and in case one doesn't have the Extras-Devel repo configured yet it can be quickly installed from our Downloads:

http://my-maemo.com/downloads/search.php?name=Yosmapa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic