MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Looking for an S40 app to automatically change my profile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pengyou
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia c3

PostPosted: Thursday, 21.Jul.2011 18:31    Post subject: Looking for an S40 app to automatically change my profile   Reply with quote   

I have a new Nokia C3 that I am quite happy with, so far. I am looking for an app that would really be helpful. I am teacher and am in class quite often, or in meetings. When not in class or in meetings I need to turn my phone so that the ring tone is audible. I am always forgetting to make this switch. Is there app that I can install on my phone that will do this for me? For example, i can say on monday from 8:30 to 12:05 activate the meeting mode, and then at 12:05 automatically change it back to general..then at 2:30 in the afternoon on monday, automatically put it back into the meeting mode?
N/A
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks received:
31 in 27 posts
Thanks given: 20

Phone: N/A

PostPosted: Thursday, 21.Jul.2011 19:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

On Series 40 one can only develop apps using Java or Flash Lite, and neither one has APIs that allows for profile changes, as far as I know. Hence, no such app user-installable application can be written for Series 40 based phones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic