MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Battery Patch for N900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Monday, 15.Aug.2011 00:08    Post subject: Battery Patch for N900   Reply with quote   

Karam at TMO has been making great things for our n900's!

here is another one that, after testing for the last couple of weeks works very well and has been stable enough that i believe it should be shared here.

there is an option to not use his custom-karam profile, but IMO, use it. it works great!

NOTE: it would be best to use your n900 and copy the text and then paste into the xterm window to be sure you are typing the correct data.... Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

INFO
This tweak will change The VFS Cache Pressure value
To 10 when locked the screen or the system is inactive
To 100 when the screen is unlocked or the brightness is on
This will make us have a long standby usage because of vfs=10
and a long continues usage because of vfs=100

There is Also a profile called custom-karam
it is optional to use it
BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OVER CLOAK MORE THAN 750 MHZ

So if you usually overcloak more than 750 MHZ
use another profile or stay at the default one

Dependencies

1-)dbus-scripts kernel-power-settings
------------------------------------
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install dbus-scripts kernel-power-settings

2-)
Download betterypatch.tar.gz from attachments or from HERE

Download batterypatch-install.sh.txt from attachments or from HERE

Paste Both Files in MyDocs
NOTE : MyDocs is Not Documents
it is the default root folder of N900
like : Nokia N900/

Applying The Battery Patch
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install dbus-scripts kernel-power-settings

cp /home/user/MyDocs/batterypatch-install.sh.txt /home/user/batterypatch-install.sh.txt

chmod +rwx /home/user/batterypatch-install.sh.txt /home/user/batterypatch-install.sh.txt

you should see that the custom-karam profile is "loaded" automatically.

to make it the default so that when you reboot your device you do not have to reload it, you can do the following:

Code:
sudo gainroot

kernel-config default custom-karam

you should then see the following displayed on your xterminal

"defaults set to /home/user/.kernel/custom-karam"

Code:
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 323

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Monday, 15.Aug.2011 16:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I can not see a HUGE difference like some of the guys on tmo state, but I beleive this actually does make my N900's battery last longer.
I've had it running for ~2weeks now and seems quite stable.
From time to time I have slow responsiveness on my N900 when heavily multitasking, but I don't know for sure where this comes from - I also installed the speed patch and Qtlockscreen lately.
I tend to blame Qtlockscreen but can't really confirm (Installed it a few days later than the other two)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic