MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Internal Error. Application 'Web' closed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anrydisappear
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: nokia n900

PostPosted: Monday, 05.Sep.2011 12:47    Post subject: Internal Error. Application 'Web' closed   Reply with quote   

Hello from time to time I appear on screen this message.I do not know whether to try these commands:
sudo gainroot
mv .mozilla .mozilla.keep
or
mv .mozilla gone

mv .mozilla.keep .mozilla

rm -r gone

any tips
Rob1n
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
5 in 5 posts
Thanks given: 29

Phone: E90, N800, N900

PostPosted: Tuesday, 06.Sep.2011 11:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Well, "mv .mozilla .mozilla.keep" will backup your existing config directory, forcing a new one to be created next time you use the browser (but allowing you to go back to the old one if you hit any major issues). You don't need to be root to run that though, it's all owned by the normal user, so you can skip the "sudo gainroot".

Doing "mv .mozilla gone" does the same thing, but "mv .mozilla.keep .mozilla" will only work if you already have a backup, and "rm -r gone" will just delete the backup you originally made.

I'd go with the first one and, if everything works okay afterwards (check firefox as well if you're using that, as it uses the same toplevel config directory), then you can remove the backup (rm -r .mozilla.keep).
anrydisappear
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: nokia n900

PostPosted: Wednesday, 07.Sep.2011 20:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic