MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Tizen forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Tizen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1083 in 690 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 28.Sep.2011 17:10    Post subject: Tizen forum   Reply with quote   

Well, not much is known for now, but let's have a separate forum for it and see how (and if) it evolves...

The following users say THANKS! for this post: naytsyrhc

naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
41 in 41 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9], Current [Jolla]

PostPosted: Wednesday, 28.Sep.2011 17:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for your effort. Let's see if you can catch up with the creation of forums for this rate of evolving new maemo-meego-tizen-whatever-successors
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Wednesday, 28.Sep.2011 17:59    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Ohhhhhhoooh...new forum! Wink
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1083 in 690 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 28.Sep.2011 20:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

Thanks for your effort. Let's see if you can catch up with the creation of forums for this rate of evolving new maemo-meego-tizen-whatever-successors

As I wrote somewhere else, I'd suggest them to call this new system "One". This way next year they could switch to a new system called "Two", then "Three", and so on, and at least have some sort of continuity, which isn't the case now. And such a name would mean more than quite meaningless "MeeGo" or "Tizen" (which sounds to me like "Titten").

Or maybe an even better name would be "*" (an asterisk), substituting for all possible future mutations.

---

Seriously now, this never ending change of names is really difficult to cope with, both for developers and "webmasters" like me. Just imagine how much work it takes to popularize a domain, only to end up with having to literally throw it away after less than one year and start doing everything from the beginning, from zero. You can't even sell the old domain as no one needs a domain of a system that has just been renamed, and with the new domain you need to go again through all it takes to give it any Google Page ranking, search engines visibility, and so on.

I'm really not sure if I want to do it another time.
gymbo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
7 in 5 posts
Thanks given: 495

Phone: Nokia 9500 (two, one still in use as GPS-navigator), E90 (two, one as spare music player! and the other wasn't repaired and "changed" to->) and E7

PostPosted: Thursday, 29.Sep.2011 01:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hey, where did the "Thanks" button go!?!

I post this here for three reasons:

1: This was where I first wanted to give a "Thanks" to a post now
2: I assume it may have something whit the adding of the new forum (eg. this one...)
3: The "Admin"- section is only open to moderators...?

But good job with the new section, and hopefully the "newest Maemo"
Twisted Evil will stay long enough that we will see some decent hardware for it as well; at least 4-row QWERTY and a big screen with good resolution...

(Didn't they produce a Maemo device that had almost all that? hmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes )
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1083 in 690 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 29.Sep.2011 05:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

Hey, where did the "Thanks" button go!?!

I forgot to enable it for this new forum. I'll correct this in a minute. Thanks for reporting it!

Quote:

3: The "Admin"- section is only open to moderators...?

It's actually only open to myself at the moment. Why? Due to no posts made by anyone else in the last 6 months. Why keep a forum nobody uses? No one cares these days to provide feedback, help run the forum, donate, etc.

Quote:

hopefully the "newest Maemo"
will stay long enough that we will see some decent hardware for it as well; at least 4-row QWERTY and a big screen with good resolution...

(Didn't they produce a Maemo device that had almost all that?

The 9210 Communicator had that in 2001 Razz
peekll
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: nokia N9

PostPosted: Tuesday, 24.Jan.2012 19:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Welcome to russian Tizen club [removed].
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1083 in 690 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 24.Jan.2012 20:53    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

Welcome to russian Tizen club [removed].

If you register somewhere only to post links to your site, please consider at least saying "Hello" for a good start. We also expect that you link to this site if you use it to advertise yours.

Both are basic netiquette rules.
kobirmia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S75000 300x300

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.May.2014 08:54    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for your effort i like it so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Tizen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic