MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
[Backupmenu] How to Restore Deleted SMS Conversation Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maemo_meego
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
2 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: E90, N900

PostPosted: Friday, 26.Nov.2010 01:19    Post subject: [Backupmenu] How to Restore Deleted SMS Conversation Thread   Reply with quote   

I've deleted all the conversations for given mobile number by mistake. As I always keep my backups (created with Backupmenu) current I have managed to restore them.
Below I'm going to outline the procedure.

Warnings:
1. This is not detailed 'step by step' description for newbies. The procedure requires some working knowledge of linux/sql. If you don't understand typed commands don't take the risk.
2. Though it allows me to restore removed conversations I can't guarantee proper restoring in your case.

Short description:
Export selected data from backuped Events and Headers to CSV file and import (insert) them to live Events and Headers tables of N900.

Long description (I use +48602123456 as an example of mobile number):
On PC host (linux system):
Code:

1. Restore el-v1.db from backup // use command like 'tar xf 20101118-1019-optfs.tar  ./user/.rtcom-eventlogger'
2. Run 'sqlite3 el-v1.db'
    sqlite> .separator #][#     // set separator to string that never appeared at SMS content
    sqlite>.output Events_sms.txt
    sqlite>select * from Events where (service_id=3 and event_type_id=7) and remote_uid like '%123456%';
    sqlite>.output Headers_tokens.txt
    sqlite>select * from Headers where event_id in (select id from Events where (service_id=3 and event_type_id=7) and remote_uid like '%123456%');

Transfer above two *.txt files to N900 (e.g using sftp)
On N900:
Code:

1. cd /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
2. Run 'sqlite3 el-v1.db'
   sqlite>.separator #][#
   sqlite>.import Events_sms.txt Events
   sqlite>.import Headers_tokens.txt Headers

That's all.
rgrds

--
john

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Tomfille, Anagarika

lastninja
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Motorola A920 / Motorola A925 / Nokia N900

PostPosted: Friday, 26.Nov.2010 01:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

nice tutorial! Smile
pvanbeek
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 77

Phone: N9 N900 formerly P990i, P800 6600

PostPosted: Friday, 26.Nov.2010 11:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for that - if only I knew that when I had to restore mine - sounds much safer than the hack I ended up using:
http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42422
Tomfille
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: Sony Ericsson Symbian S60, Nokia N900

PostPosted: Thursday, 20.Oct.2011 14:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for the tutorial, though i couldn't do without a professional help in this issue. Your tutorial was much of help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic