MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
New Maemo 5 system update version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1072 in 680 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Sunday, 20.Nov.2011 18:21    Post subject: New Maemo 5 system update version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1   Reply with quote   

New Maemo 5 system update version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1 is out and you should see it in the Application Manager (if not, try refreshing it). Changelog includes:

* Added Qt DigiNotar blacklists.
* Fixed modest crashes.
* Fixed camera-ui corrupting videos after switching to background while recording.
* Fixed camera-ui overwriting user data.
* Fixed portrait wallpapers in hildon-home.
* CSSU rebased on top of official PR1.3.1 release.

Please note that this is a testing release - that's what the T symbol in the version string stands for. Stable release should follow soon. Keep in mind that changing between stable and testing releases requires a reflash, so if you prefer to eventually have the stable release on your device without having to reflash it, skip this one and wait for the version marked with S in the release string.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: pvanbeek, Rob1n

stubble
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: 9500, E90 E72. N900

PostPosted: Monday, 21.Nov.2011 19:20    Post subject: Re: New Maemo 5 system update version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
Keep in mind that changing between stable and testing releases requires a reflash, so if you prefer to eventually have the stable release on your device without having to reflash it, skip this one and wait for the version marked with S in the release string.

oh god.. i updated !
is there any way i can update to stable release without a reflash ?

if not then do i have to reflash with the nokia pr 1.3 image ?
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1072 in 680 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Monday, 21.Nov.2011 19:26    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

is there any way i can update to stable release without a reflash ?

According to that they say.... no Neutral

Quote:

if not then do i have to reflash with the nokia pr 1.3 image ?

To install the stable version of the update - yes. But I'd suggest that you simply play a little bit with the device and see if there are any problems with it. If it works OK, just leave it as it is... The 'stable' version isn't going to add any new features; it's just that they release the testing version to get feedback and if everything is OK then the stable version follows. In the best case, if no problems are reported, the stable version may be the same as the testing version...
stubble
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 21.Nov.2011 19:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ell as of now i dont see any problems..but this testing update will hinder in any future updates which will be available..

shouls i reflash or shall i stick with this one ? any ideas ?

thanks
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1072 in 680 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 21.Nov.2011 21:52    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

If you don't have any problems, at least wait until the stable version comes out and check its changelog for any advantages. If it does not bring anything new, stick with this one until the next update. It may well take another 6 months, so why bother now... I guess you won't lose anything if you wait and see, but you'll save yourself a lot of work with reinstalling all the apps...
Rob1n
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
5 in 5 posts
Thanks given: 29

Phone: E90, N800, N900

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Nov.2011 11:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

stubble wrote:
ell as of now i dont see any problems..but this testing update will hinder in any future updates which will be available..

Why do you think that? All CSSU updates will be going out on the testing branch first, then anything reckoned to be of suitable quality will get replicated to the stable branch. If you've been using CSSU already then you're obviously not too worried about the stability level but are more interested in getting the latest updates. In that case, the testing branch is the one to stick with.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1072 in 680 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Nov.2011 16:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

In addition to what Rob1n wrote, I'd like to accent that the "testing" release doesn't mean that it is a "totally alpha" release, not at all tested, buggy, etc. As Rob1n said, it is actually on the same 'quality level' as all the previous CSSU releases which we were all using without problems. So I really wouldn't worry about it.
stubble
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Nov.2011 00:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

thanks for the replies.. i was regularly updating the cssu as soon as they became available..but this the first testing eirmware which requires a reflash in case a stable build of cssu is available..not like earlier cssu updates...

thanks
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1072 in 680 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Nov.2011 00:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

not like earlier cssu updates...

Because the earlier updates were actually all "testing" releases... This is the first time a separate "stable" release will come out but that's mainly because the maintainers of CSSU got in more formal touch with Nokia and the stable release may be supported more officially, which requires more formal approach and some additional public testing. But it does not change much from the technical point of view and you surely don't get a less stable update than how it was with earlier CSSU updates...
margme
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: NokiaN900 NokiaN8

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Nov.2011 03:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hello

I just upgraded, and CSSU version that I have said: "21.2011.38-1maemo1." I do not see the letter T. However, underneath says: Flavor: Testing. It happens the same?

Now all I ask of CSSU: please update the stable version without flash as I have damaged the USB connector. (I only used to charge the battery)

regards
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1072 in 680 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 23.Nov.2011 06:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

underneath says: Flavor: Testing. It happens the same?

Yes, it's the same.

Quote:

Now all I ask of CSSU: please update the stable version without flash

It's impossible because you can only update to a NEWER version, not the same (and stable is actually the same version as testing). And it is impossible to uninstall a CSSU update to go back to an older version in order to install the current version again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic