MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
How to do a hard reset without 5-digit code

Go to page
1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuulF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia N9

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.May.2012 13:42    Post subject: How to do a hard reset without 5-digit code   Reply with quote   

I've recently bought a used Nokia N9. I'm very pleased with it, but would like to do a complete reset of the phone in order to completely remove the traces from the former owner. However, this setting is protected by a five-digit security code, and the former owner can't remember this code. Is there a way to completely reset the phone to it's original state without the code?
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts
Thanks given: 112

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.May.2012 16:37    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

See N9: How to retrieve the forgotten security code?

--
Bent Laursen
JuulF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 11.May.2012 08:18    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:
See N9: How to retrieve the forgotten security code?

--
Bent Laursen

I did try this, but couldn't make it work. I installed nss and connectec my phone in 'sync&connect' mode. It seemed, however, that the program couldn't find my phone. Attemptin 'find new device' or 'scan' only produced error messages. Any clues as what to try next?
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 11.May.2012 09:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

You have to install NssPro, which is also linked to on the Nemesis Service Suite (NSS) download page. This version works properly with Windows 7 and will connect to the N9.

--
Bent Laursen
JuulF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 11.May.2012 10:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:
You have to install NssPro, which is also linked to on the Nemesis Service Suite (NSS) download page. This version works properly with Windows 7 and will connect to the N9.

--
Bent Laursen

I'm on Windows Vista, actually. Does that make a difference? I do have another computer with Ubuntu 12.04 as well, if it's easier on linux...
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 11.May.2012 10:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Windows 7 is just a newer version of Windows Vista, so you have to use NssPro for Windows Vista also. There is no version for Linux.

--
Bent Laursen
JuulF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 14.May.2012 20:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

BentL wrote:
Windows 7 is just a newer version of Windows Vista, so you have to use NssPro for Windows Vista also. There is no version for Linux.

--
Bent Laursen

OK, so I downoladed Nss pro, plugged in my N9, chose sync&connect-mode, ran NssPRO and... nothing. The program doesn't seem to recognize my handset, giving the following output:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking selection...Supported(USB) interface selected.
Init connection...Phone not found.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.May.2012 00:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

The program doesn't seem to recognize my handset

Download and install the latest version of Nokia Cable Connectivity Driver, e.g. from here:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/cable-drivers/driver-f or-nokia-dke-2-dku-2-ca-42-ca-53-ca-70-ca-101
JuulF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.May.2012 22:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
[...]

Download and install the latest version of Nokia Cable Connectivity Driver, e.g. from here:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/cable-drivers/driver-f or-nokia-dke-2-dku-2-ca-42-ca-53-ca-70-ca-101

Hi, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it work. I downloaded the drivers and installed them no problem. Afterwards I connected my N9, and the computer gave a message that the device had ben found and installed correctly. Even so, when I ran Nss Pro again, I got the same error message as before, 'Phone not found'.

I'm actually not quite sure if my computer installed the correct Nokia drivers or some default microsoft driver when I plugged in my device, as it installed automatically without any input on my part.

Anyhow, I'm still without my code Sad
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
482 in 354 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.May.2012 08:12    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

JuulF wrote:
Even so, when I ran Nss Pro again, I got the same error message as before, 'Phone not found'.

It could be some process on your N9 that has stopped working properly. What happens if you reboot the phone and then connect again to your PC and start NssPro?

--
Bent Laursen
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.May.2012 08:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Which version of the application do you have installed. The new NssPro or the older Nemesis Software Suite Beta 1.0.38.15?

I don't have the N9 with me at the moment but I've just checked the new NssPro with the N950 and it was recognized without problems. Using the "User code" button I got the following information:

Possible code: 12345
Wrong try count: 0

... which seems to be correct as I have never altered the standard code (nor in fact have I ever used it).

NssPro can be downloaded from this page:
http://www.genieprojects.co.uk/?file=kop2.php
JuulF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.May.2012 15:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
Which version of the application do you have installed. The new NssPro or the older Nemesis Software Suite Beta 1.0.38.15?

I don't have the N9 with me at the moment but I've just checked the new NssPro with the N950 and it was recognized without problems. Using the "User code" button I got the following information:

Possible code: 12345
Wrong try count: 0

... which seems to be correct as I have never altered the standard code (nor in fact have I ever used it).

NssPro can be downloaded from this page:
http://www.genieprojects.co.uk/?file=kop2.php

I am actually using Nss Pro (from that same link). N9, as I've come to understand, don't come with at standard code (contrary to earlier Nokia models), I believe it's blank unless you enter something.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.May.2012 21:44    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

I am actually using Nss Pro (from that same link). N9, as I've come to understand, don't come with at standard code (contrary to earlier Nokia models), I believe it's blank unless you enter something.

I don't think that the N9 is any different than the N950, they're almost identical. And the N950 does show the code in NssPro (the default one), even though I've never set it...

If I don't forget, I'll check it later with the N9.
ceroberts75
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
79 in 45 posts
Thanks given: 40

Phone: n9, n900, e90, 5800, e71-1, 9500, 7710, 2660

PostPosted: Thursday, 17.May.2012 17:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

if you want to reset it, cant you just flash it?

btw...pro works fine in reading my default code correctly too. i am using a 059j239 black n964gb (converted cyan) Wink
SamKB
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
65 in 44 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: N9

PostPosted: Friday, 18.May.2012 02:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ceroberts75 wrote:
if you want to reset it, cant you just flash it?

No, flashing doesn't touch the memory partition where the security code is stored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> MeeGo Harmattan All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic