MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
gPodder Podcast Client

Go to page
1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Dec.2009 21:08    Post subject: gPodder Podcast Client   Reply with quote   

The gPodder Podcast Client has today received an update to version 2.1-1. The previous version was 2.0 something.

The new gPodder Podcast Client 2.1-1 now correctly will start a video podcast in the video player part of the Media player. With the previous version, a video would try to start in the music player part, which of course did not succeed. So an annoying bug has been corrected. The Media player does remember where a video has stopped until the next time it is played.

With Panucci Resuming Audiobook and Podcast Player selected in the preferences of gPodder as the player for audio files, Panucci will remember where an audio has stopped until the next time it is played.

So the combination of gPodder, Panucci and Media player on the N900 now does fully replace Nokia Podcasting application, Nokia Audiobook and Nokia Video Center on my E90.

I will say it is very convenient that one also get notifications about updates to 3rd party applications via the Application manager.

--
Bent Laursen
cddiede
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 4

Phone: 9290, 9500, Nokia E90, N900, N9

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 14:15    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I love gpodder on the N900.

This Maemo version is one of the few apps that support auto rotation from the accelerometer (still a bit sticky at times, but better then nothing).

I've really had frustration with not being able to resume from last point in my audio podcasts and hated keeping the audio app minimized and paused all day so I could resume.

Thanks for the tip about Panucci, I'm going to download it now!

Gpodder is the best podcast app around and single handedly allowed me to finally sell my iPod and use my Nokia exclusively!
cddiede
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 15:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Ah, nuts. I can't install Panucci.

I get this:

Unable to install "Panucci resuming audiobook and podcast player"
Application packages missing: python-ttk2(>=2.12.1-6maemo10)
python-simplejson
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 16:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

You maybe have to open up for more repositories as explaned in Maemo Extras, Extras-Devel, Extras-Testing: why, what for. I have clicked on all links on that page to have all repositories installed automatically. I had no problems with installing Panucci.

--
Bent Laursen
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 16:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

As Bent wrote, Panucci requires a dependency that's currently located in Extras-Devel. So you'll need to add that repository and re-install Panucci. In such case, it'll download the required dependency automatically.
cddiede
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 18:28    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yeah, I've already got all of these repos enabled on my device and I still get the dependency conflict.

Possibly I've installed a package via dpkg -i that includes a package that the installation of python-ttk2 conflicts with.

That way, python-ttk2 can't be installed and so when I try to install Panucci I see the missing dependency error.

This probably just highlights the hazards of side loading .deb files with dpkg instead of with apt-get or via the Application Manager GUI.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 20:20    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

If you installed a package via the App Manager and it pulled a dependency that's conflicting with something else, you'd actually end up with the same problem. So it's not because of using dpkg.

Enable the Red pill mode, enable the option to show all packages and dependencies and you should then see that conflicting dependency as installed. When you attempt to unistall it, it should say something like "Unable to uninstall, dependency needed by XXXXXXX package". Then you'll know what's using that dependency and you'll be able to unistall that program...
cddiede
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 16.Dec.2009 22:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
If you installed a package via the App Manager and it pulled a dependency that's conflicting with something else, you'd actually end up with the same problem. So it's not because of using dpkg.

Enable the Red pill mode, enable the option to show all packages and dependencies and you should then see that conflicting dependency as installed. When you attempt to unistall it, it should say something like "Unable to uninstall, dependency needed by XXXXXXX package". Then you'll know what's using that dependency and you'll be able to unistall that program...

I used Red Pill mode to show all my packages and then told the N900 to update specifically the glade2 associated packages. After that, I was able to once again update gpodder (haven't been able to for about a week since I was playing with new packages) AND I was able to install Panucci.

Thanks so much!!
Very Happy
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 17.Dec.2009 00:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

At your service Wink
Artek
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Nokia N900-N97-E90-E71

PostPosted: Monday, 21.Dec.2009 07:16    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Does anybody know if the default storage location for downloaded episodes can be changed in gPodder?
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 22.Dec.2009 08:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I don't know if it can be changed, but you can always try to move the folder manually to the memory card or the large eMMC partition and in its original location create a symbolic link to the new location... Should work.
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 31.Aug.2010 12:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl, the developer of gPodder, has a blog post about gPodder 2.8. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.8 for Maemo 5: Notifications and MAFW integration
    It's been some time since the last gPodder release, and I've been busy adding some nifty features to make the best use of the on-board facilities of Maemo 5. As already mentioned in a previous post, this new version comes with built-in notification support. After installation, you might have to re-start hildon-home (or your device) for the changes to become effective. That's what you will get when new episodes are found:

The other and more "invisible" change is that gPodder now listens to MAFW and also talks to it at times. MAFW is the backend of the Media Player application, and you profit in two ways from this integration:

• The last playback position and duration of an episode are displayed in gPodder and synchronized to gpodder.net
    • Playback can be resumed even with the Media Player application

This means that users of the normal Media Player application will benefit from all the goodies that were previously only available in combination with Panucci. Combined with the new notifications, this makes for yet another great release with even better integration into the Maemo 5 environment.

gPodder 2.8 is now available from Extras-Testing, so please test, review and vote on the package.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 11.Oct.2010 17:36    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl, the developer of gPodder, has a blog post about gPodder 2.9. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.9 for Maemo 5 in Testing
    A new release of gPodder is out. Test it and vote! It has got some fine-tuning of the UI for Maemo 5 users that you will discover one by one. I just want to highlight two UI changes that should enhance the user experience, and compare them to what the previous version had.

The episode list

gPodder 2.8 introduced MAFW integration, and with it came the ability to save position and duration information for each episode. This was displayed in the episode action dialog, but not in the episode list. We now display the position and duration in the episode list, which allows you to quickly scan for an episode depending on its duration (or check how far you have come for a given episode). In the "All Episodes" list, we also display the podcast name for each episode so that it is clearer from which podcast an episode is coming (the content of the episode "Mini Book Reviews" is much more predictable if you know that it comes from "Python411").

Updating feeds

Previous versions of gPodder changed the "Check for updates" button into a combined progress indicator and cancel button. It was not really obvious to first-time users that you can cancel the feed update, and if you accidentally tapped the button twice, the feed update would be cancelled and you might be confused. gPodder 2.9 introduces a fancy new progress bar that appears (and even slides in and out thanks to hildon.AnimationActor) during the update and has a more obvious red cancel button. With the gained screen space (the progress bar is much bigger), we can also show more information about the update process, like the name of the updated podcast.

A detailed changelog can be found at http://gpodder.org/changelog/2.9. Of course, the Maemo 4 (N800, N810) package has also been updated, and is available from Diablo Extras right now.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 29.Nov.2010 18:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.10, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.10 for Maemo 4 and Maemo 5 released
    As promised last week, a new release of gPodder is out. The package for Maemo 5 is already in Extras-Testing, so test it and vote for it. The package for Maemo 4 has already been uploaded to the autobuilder and should be available shortly.

This new release brings yet another round of UI improvements, and it also incorporates the feedback that I got at the MeeGo Conference:

• Expose "Pause subscription" in UI
    • Multi-delete in episode lists (Maemo bug 5182)
    • Setting for episode auto-delete on startup
    • Custom episode list model (faster loading)

You can find a detailed ChangeLog at gpodder.org/changelog/2.10.

If you are not yet a user of gPodder, why not take the opportunity to try it out? You could subscribe to the MeeGo Conference 2010 Video Podcast (Yahoo Pipe) and (re-)watch the sessions on your device. Of course, audio and video podcasts are supported as well, as are YouTube user channels and Soundcloud users.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 20.Dec.2010 17:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thomas Perl has released gPodder 2.11, see blog post. Excerpt:
    gPodder 2.11 in Extras-Testing fixes YouTube downloads
    A new version of gPodder is out. If you are having problems with YouTube downloads recently, this release is for you. There are also some other minor changes and fixes (detailed changelog for gPodder 2.11). No translation updates or major new features, though. Grab the new package from Extras-Testing. The usual disclaimers apply. If you can, please test and vote for gPodder 2.11-1 in Extras-Testing, so other users can enjoy the fixes as soon as possible.

As always, a new Diablo package has also been uploaded and should be available in Diablo Extras for all N8x0 users soon.
--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic