Joined: 01 Sep 1999
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286
Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920
|An update to 10.1 (10.1.0.273) has been released for BB10 a couple of days ago. What I've noticed so far:
- Skype (poor Android port, but usable and working). I just wish it didn't add all Skype contacts to my phone's contacts without even asking me, which made such a mess. I deleted them, and now I'm afraid to launch it again as it may do the same.
- fixes of bugs which in the previous OS release were making a lot of trouble using Qt Components. For instance, when the virtual keyboard opens it no longer squeezes/rotates display contents.
- small improvements here and there.
- everything got noticeably slower: there is now an awful lag when typing on the virtual keyboard (which used to be lightning fast), active covers are much slower (they were 100% smooth), something badly slows down multitasking (yesterday I was downloading three videos simultaneously from youtube using an Android app called TubeMate and other running applications got really slow; it wasn't happening before the update)
- active covers of Qt/QtQuick applications are now just black rectangles with no content; they used to work fine. In case of other application types (Cascades, Android) they still work.
- they changed the font used as a replacement for Nokia Pure by QtQuick apps. The new font is bigger and with bigger spacing between letters. This ruined the layout of the apps I already ported. Now if I change the font sizes so that they look OK on 10.1, those who still use 10.0 will have them too small. It looks that I will have to set my apps in the BlackBerry World so that they are compatible only with 10.1 or above...
I haven't yet checked if it is still possible to sideload .bar files converted from .apk.