My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999
 Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
10.1 update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Blackberry 10 - BB10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Friday, 17.May.2013 21:37    Post subject: 10.1 update   Reply with quote   

An update to 10.1 ( has been released for BB10 a couple of days ago. What I've noticed so far:

- Skype (poor Android port, but usable and working). I just wish it didn't add all Skype contacts to my phone's contacts without even asking me, which made such a mess. I deleted them, and now I'm afraid to launch it again as it may do the same.

- fixes of bugs which in the previous OS release were making a lot of trouble using Qt Components. For instance, when the virtual keyboard opens it no longer squeezes/rotates display contents.

- small improvements here and there.

- everything got noticeably slower: there is now an awful lag when typing on the virtual keyboard (which used to be lightning fast), active covers are much slower (they were 100% smooth), something badly slows down multitasking (yesterday I was downloading three videos simultaneously from youtube using an Android app called TubeMate and other running applications got really slow; it wasn't happening before the update)

- active covers of Qt/QtQuick applications are now just black rectangles with no content; they used to work fine. In case of other application types (Cascades, Android) they still work.

- they changed the font used as a replacement for Nokia Pure by QtQuick apps. The new font is bigger and with bigger spacing between letters. This ruined the layout of the apps I already ported. Now if I change the font sizes so that they look OK on 10.1, those who still use 10.0 will have them too small. It looks that I will have to set my apps in the BlackBerry World so that they are compatible only with 10.1 or above...

I haven't yet checked if it is still possible to sideload .bar files converted from .apk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Blackberry 10 - BB10 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic