MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Switching from N900 to a new Android phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABCDKE
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 25

Phone: 700 not 4eva *sniff*

PostPosted: Saturday, 25.May.2013 14:51    Post subject: Switching from N900 to a new Android phone   Reply with quote   

Please, help me. I am switching from my N900 to an Android phone. How to transfer my contacts, messages, calendar events... from Maemo to Android???
Ketilk
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
49 in 44 posts
Thanks given: 6

Phone: Jolla, N9 , N900, N97-mini

PostPosted: Saturday, 25.May.2013 17:19    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I don't know much about android, but you can export your contact list as vcard 2.1 or 3.0. Just open the contact list and choose export in the "all contacts"-dropdown menu. Either individually or all together. Then just connect your computer and move them over. You will probably find an vcard-importer in google play if it doesn't support it natively.

If you feel comfortable with the command line you can also export your calendar as ical with this application. There should probably be an app for importing those also.

You might have some luck with Nokia PC suite for messages if you use windows. I think that support export to csv for a lot of things. I don't know if that csv-format is easily imported though. You can also try glogarchive for csv-export. It has been updated to also support export after it was indexed on this site.
CarsonJoyce
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Lumia 638

PostPosted: Thursday, 04.Jun.2015 10:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I think you can try Gmail to switching from N900 to a new Android phone. Sync the data to the Gmail account and get them back to another phone by logging in the id.
viratmat
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: HTC, Asus, Lumia

PostPosted: Monday, 28.Dec.2015 06:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I've owned an N900 for a good few years now and its served me well. I've managed to keep it in half decent condition for about 4 years and have never really bothered to upgrade. I've only really needed a phone for work purposes as a point-of-contact so i've mainly carried around my even older Nokia 9500. Now I'm embracing the new age of smartphone, i've just purchased a pretty much as-new Micromax Canvas Nitro 3 from a used for sale site on the world wide web. I've not had much experience transferring stuff like contacts etc from an old phone so was after some advice.

I've obviously got about 4 years of bits and bobs that i've collected and a lot of contacts to do with my work, like clients etc. I was wondering what solution ABCDKE found to transfer over all his contacts and messages etc? If your still knocking about on the forum i'd be interested to know how you got on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Maemo 5 Fremantle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic