MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Neo Symbian Users

Go to page
1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: E71

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Jul.2014 12:04    Post subject: Neo Symbian Users   Reply with quote   

Hello Every body! The symbian community may be fading to history but there are still users of their old Nokia phones. I will be posting games, applications and useful tools for symbian. I will also accept request and answer symbian related questions. My inspiration is Anotherguest, a guy who still supports and makes great applications for symbian. You can also share your findings, and if you are once a symbian developer, share your creations! Lets revive symbian one last time. This is just an introductory post, my next post will be an add on for Anotherguest's duke nukem 3d port, JFDuke3D.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: N10, FatalError

N10
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nseries

PostPosted: Saturday, 12.Jul.2014 11:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for the post and the references Smile
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Jul.2014 13:25    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Have you ever played Duke Nukem 3D? No? Well if you still have your nokia symbian phones you can, and Im not talking about a jar java game or a lame port. Its the real DukeNukem3D Ported to symbian phones by Anotherguest. The actual game that was released for PCs on 1996 can be fully played on your nokia symbian handsets.

Voxels
If you are playing you will be interested in this, I found an addon for duke that replaces the 2d Sprite into 3d voxels.
Heres a link to the voxel pack I compiled just extract to your Duke3d Folder
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/Voxel%20Pack.zip
-it replaces all of the pickups, some props, and the rocket that is propelled.
Its 7.5mb when extracted

Voxel pack switches only
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/Voxel%20Pack%20Switches%2 0Only.zip
-this pack replaces all the switches in the game, only the switches

ART
I also found an add on that makes every dancer stripper posters and magazines in the game nude!
Here is the link
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/ART%20DukeNudeW.zip
Just extract the files in your duke3d folder

Custom CON

If you played the Game you probably the Game.con, User.Con And Defs.con, this can be editted to alter gameplay like increase a guns attack, your health, items, your ammo, your enemies health and more. If you want to edit the Con files this will be helpful

Con Editing Guide
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/Con%20Editing%20Faqs.zip

Con Supplement Improves gameplay adds minibosses on stages and more, read the ReadMe txt for more info
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/CONs%20Supplement.zip

The Original Cons for Atomic edition
If the doesnt start and the problem is in the Con files use this.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/CONs%20Original%20v1.5.zi p

Heres a link to JFDuke3d 1.0.5
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/Anotherguest%20JFDuke3D%2 0v1.0.5.sis
The Voxel pack only works with this version, this version is probably the best, remember that you need the Duke3d Data files to actually play the game and its not free.
one bug on this port is that the mirrors dont work properly, see for yourself. You can also play user maps in this version, look for usermaps on the internet. Plays TCs And Mods

Other versions of duke3d
JFDuke3D 1.0.6
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/Anotherguest%20JFDuke3D%2 0v1.0.6.sis
Voxels dont work, dont know why. ART works plays user maps, still with the mirror bug. Plays TCs and MODs

Xduke 1.98.1
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53000413/Anotherguest%20xDuke3D%20 v1.98.1.sisx
No more mirrors bug, ART works, TCs and MOD works, Voxels dont work, cant play user maps

Anotherguest Blog
http://anotherguest.blogspot.in/?m=1
For more apps and game ports. The Jfduke in here is outdated

Anotherguest SE
http://anotherguest.se/
The JFduke here is 1.0.6

Note About the voxels and the jfduke port
Jfduke's initcache is 9mb. The maximum voxels that can be used is 7.5mb. So you can only use one of the voxels that I compiled. If you use both the game will not be launched. The voxel pack that I compiled came from a 160mb voxel pack, If all these voxels can be used, everything can be voxel. Thats because the maximum voxels that can be used 7.5mb I chose only the ones that are important, like the pickups. Jfshadowwarriors init cache is 33mb, its also an Anotherguest port, If Jfdukes initcache can be increased to 33mb or to its possible maximum, we can atleast add the other voxels, specially the enemies. If anyone has a contact with Anotherguest please tell.

Credits can be seen on every zip you download.
Request that cant be posted here? Email me earljanne08@gmail.com

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz

Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 15.Jul.2014 13:26    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

any request on what I should post next? Reply! I will posting next week or so.
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 18.Jul.2014 16:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hello! Anotherguest just released a new game! This makes the symbian more alive because of Anotherguest
Check it out
anotherguest.blogspot.com/2014/07/blobwars-1170.html?m=1
Though it doesnt start on my phone, E71, bit it doesnt mean it wont in yours. Try it! And hey reply and shout your best game that you ever played on your device to make this thread more alive!
FatalError
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: n95

PostPosted: Friday, 01.Aug.2014 16:20    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

i think its time we move on, with s60v3 its quite sad but it was even more sad when s60v2 died, nokia fck up. i myself have been using n95 original, i dont have enough money to buy myself good android phone, i got myself n95 when my k810 died, i loved my k810 even more than my n95, it had elfpack, to bad elves died too with sense forum though you can still find them on elfse.com, just when we got gba emulator working on full speed.
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.Aug.2014 12:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

well I know its sad, but theres still users, like me and you who cant afford an android phone, but I still love symbian better. There still one guy who develops and makes apps for symbian, s60v3 and above. The names Anotherguest. Well I use my E71 better than my friends android. I use mine for everything, while my friends use theirs for senseless selfies. Oh well, still glad there still someone to be with.
FatalError
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 02.Aug.2014 18:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

if i knew how to code i would become symbian developer my self, i love my n95, and i hate symbian phones with touchscreens like 5800 n97 n8. developing for s60v3 seems so undergraund and i like it. there even is psx emulator on my n95 becouse it has iphone 3g gpu games runs quite smooth. thanks for duke nukem 3D voxel, i will try them myself today
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Aug.2014 03:49    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

if i knew how to code i would become symbian developer my self

Download Qt SDK for Symbian and give it a try. You don't have to learn C++. Pure QML + Javascript is enough to make even very complex applications, and it is VERY easy to learn, with countless examples available on the Internet.

Many people are afraid to even just try, thinking that it is difficult and needs a lot of time to learn, while in reality learning QML is very easy.

The only problem is that S60 3rd Edition devices support only Qt 4.6.3, i.e. very old and quite limited compared to Qt4.8 on Symbian Anna/Belle or BB10, but still usable. So download the SDK and check the examples included in it. Start from Hello World and a few days later you'll make your first own application doing something useful.

When I started making my first Qt application I knew nothing about Qt or QML - I was learning it while making the application. That app still sells well on Symbian, MeeGo and also BB10 and has five-star ratings.
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Sunday, 03.Aug.2014 03:51    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yeah I would too if could code. Well try out Anotherguest apps, its all ported PC games. Ask if you need help. Email me if you need more help. earljanne08@gmail.com
FatalError
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 05.Aug.2014 12:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

when will you start putting some apps ?
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 05.Aug.2014 17:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Well, I'll post this week. Sorrt for the delay, havent post anything new. I'll post some apps that you s60v3 phone should have
FatalError
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 12.Aug.2014 17:56    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

so..... dead
Mr.Scienshit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
3 in 2 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 13.Aug.2014 00:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

its still alive, just figuring out which I can legally post here. Many of the applications for symbian were cracked and distributed freely on the internet. And I dont have a PC so I have to rent one to upload stuf. Still sorry. There is a ton of things I upload though
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1098 in 699 posts
Thanks given: 286

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Wednesday, 13.Aug.2014 15:33    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

Many of the applications for symbian were cracked and distributed freely on the internet

This kind of stuff is not allowed here. Please only post legal / free applications.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic