MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Puzzlephone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kleuter
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
31 in 22 posts
Thanks given: 13

Phone: Jolla, Iphone, E90, E71, 6310i, N900, BB.

PostPosted: Tuesday, 02.Dec.2014 20:20    Post subject: Puzzlephone   Reply with quote   

The Finnish take on a modular phone. http://www.puzzlephone.com/
Kleuter
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
31 in 22 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 06.Dec.2014 13:08    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Apparently there are two new Finnish phone companies striving to bring a modular phone. Circular Devices (Puzzlephone) who make sustainability their core differentiator and Vsenn who emphasize security. Both trying to do something similar to Project Ara of Google.

Overview article on Znet:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/googles-project-ara-gets-some-new-rivals- as-finnish-startups-invent-the-next-wave-of-modular-devices/

Looks like most of the new guys on the block rather bet on Android then on Sailfish or any of the yet to be introduced other promising OS-es.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1074 in 682 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Saturday, 06.Dec.2014 17:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

rather bet on Android then on Sailfish

Call me boring but I'll write it once again: as long as Sailfish OS only has Android apps, no one will prefer it over "proper" Android for obvious reasons...
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
479 in 351 posts
Thanks given: 109

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Thursday, 12.Nov.2015 23:45    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

PuzzlePhone announces Sailfish OS integration, see blog post. Excerpt:
    PuzzlePhone announces SLUSH White Edition and Jolla support for community Sailfish OS integration
    Circular Devices introduces today the PuzzlePhone SLUSH White Edition as a new perk in its ongoing Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. Circular Devices also announces collaboration with Jolla in the community project for Sailfish OS integration to the PuzzlePhone hardware. This awesome joint project is a testimony to the thriving and agile Finnish startup ecosystem.

PuzzlePhone SLUSH White Edition

Slush is the yearly summit for Nordic startups, and it’s an opportunity to step ahead and start changing how the world deals with consumer electronics in a more sustainable way to do and way to be.

As the weather is quite warm, there is no slush outside this year, but the event is fully packed with awesome minds making things happen. To celebrate this special event, Circular Devices introduces the PuzzlePhone SLUSH White Edition. This device is a truly fashionable mobile phone, the ultimate combination of Finnish design and technical performance. This elegant device features copper detailing and comes with 32GB of internal storage memory. It will be available in Indiegogo for a limited time: five days only.

Community version of Sailfish OS in the PuzzlePhone

We have already introduced the Piece Maker tool set for everyone (makers, hackers, prototype developers) in order to have their custom solution integrated in the Heart module of the PuzzlePhone. A key part of this tool set is the prerooted bootloader. The prerooted bootloader opens the door for quick custom software development. But this is just the technical side. The real meat is flesh. When a mountain exists there are people who feel the need to climb it: “Because it's there,” as George Mallory said.

Today we are more than proud to unveil that Jolla is keen to support the PuzzlePhone project. This joint project marks a new era in phone manufacturing and a new step for community collaboration expanding the PuzzlePhone ecosystem.

The Sailfish OS integration in the PuzzlePhone is a Circular Devices and Sailfish OS joint community project that will begin next year, when PuzzlePhone production samples become available.

“Jolla is excited to support PuzzlePhone, the Finnish Mobile device made by Circular Devices, and both communities to port Sailfish OS, the independent mobile OS from Finland,” says Harri Hakulinen, Jolla CTO.

"There are no technical limitations for the Sailfish implementation in the PuzzlePhone Brain," says Alejandro Santacreu, CEO of Circular Devices. "The Piece Maker tool set will enable to change the Brain OS from the standard supplied Android OS to the customized Sailfish OS once it becomes available."

Support the PuzzlePhone crowdfunding campaign and be part of the project!
    http://igg.me/at/PuzzlePhone
    Back The PuzzlePhone!
    Upgradeable, sustainable, incredible!
--
Bent Laursen
Kleuter
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
31 in 22 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 13.Nov.2015 13:34    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The price of the first Jolla is getting more reasonable now for just €169.00.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Posting/discussing/exchanging warez/cracks/serial numbers/links to web sites offering such resources and/or any other illegal content
is FORBIDDEN on this forum and results in an immediate BAN.

Symbian and all Symbian-based marks and logos are trade marks of Symbian Software Limited.
This website is not in any way endorsed or supported by Symbian Software Limited.    (C) 2001 My-Symbian.com All Rights Reserved