MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
The number of Jolla phones manufactured

Go to page  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts
Thanks given: 285

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Thursday, 08.May.2014 16:46    Post subject: The number of Jolla phones manufactured   Reply with quote   

It would be interesting to know how many Jollas have been manufactured by now. The company probably won't tell, but there is a way to find out.

Part of the IMEI number (6 digits from 9th to 14th) are the serial number, unique for each phone model and increasing by one for each unit of that phone model manufactured.

So maybe someone from Finland (where the Jolla probably sells the most and thus phones in stores are from relatively fresh shipments) could visit a DNA store, take a look at IMEI number printed on the box and report (the serial number part of it) here?

Or maybe you guys can also post your serial numbers (not exact, just rounded up/down to 100) and date when you got your phone so that we can see what sales have been like since the launch?

Mine from December 2013 is in the ~11500 range - would be great to know how much has changed since then....
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

Phone: Jolla, BB Z10, BB Passport, N950, N900, N8, Nexus 4 (Ubuntu Touch), Lumia 920

PostPosted: Friday, 09.May.2014 00:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

No one? Come on guys, please at least post your serial numbers (rounded up to 100, this way you're not disclosing anything). It would be really interesting to know how many phones they really made... It's really easy to check - just take the last 7 digits of your phone's IMEI and exclude the last digit (which is a "checksum"). Should read something like e.g. 011553
Kleuter
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
31 in 22 posts
Thanks given: 13

Phone: Jolla, Iphone, E90, E71, 6310i, N900, BB.

PostPosted: Friday, 09.May.2014 19:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Mine was in the 8300 range. It was pre ordered and I got it in december.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 09.May.2014 19:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Mine was ~ 11500. Anyone has a higher number?
horror
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 20

Phone: 1+3T, jolla jolla

PostPosted: Saturday, 10.May.2014 09:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Mine is in ~17600 range. I got it mid Feb.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz

Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 10.May.2014 16:48    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks! So ~ 17600 is currently the highest number reported - of a device bought around 2,5 months ago.

If mine (delivered shortly before Christmas 2013) was ~ 11500 then it means that by mid Feb (i.e. in about two months) Jolla has shipped at least a further 6000+ units.

I'd love to get the number from someone who bought the Jolla only recently, or even better from someone who could check the number on a box currently being offered in a DNA store... This would give us possibly the latest numbers...
Casanunda
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
52 in 48 posts
Thanks given: 319

Phone: n900, Jolla

PostPosted: Wednesday, 14.May.2014 17:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I only have to offer another "old" number in the ~9600 range, pre-ordered and shipped in december.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz

Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 14.May.2014 20:50    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Casanunda, thanks for being the third who dared to disclose it. For everyone else it is apparently top secret, as if it was their credit card's PIN or what Cool
naytsyrhc
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
42 in 42 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: History [/// R380s, SE P800, SE P910i, SE M600i, Nokia E71, Nokia N9], Current [Jolla]

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.May.2014 09:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I did not post it here, because I got my Jolla before you got yours. I didn't check but I thought it wouldn't help much.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21.May.2014 23:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

I did not post it here, because I got my Jolla before you got yours. I didn't check but I thought it wouldn't help much.

Of course. The idea was to get possibly the highest / most recent numbers to estimate the number of phones sold. Unfortunately, despite 1200 views, we got THREE responses, and - as always - only from old members. People visiting this website just HATE to contribute. But this mostly works against themselves.
Peter_Pan_A
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 7

Phone: Nokia N8

PostPosted: Thursday, 22.May.2014 06:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:
[...]

... People visiting this website just HATE to contribute...

I am regularly visiting this site (mostly not logged in) because I read professional oppinions. I still don't have a Jolla phone, but like the idea...

I am sure - a lot of the visitors are in the same position as me.
Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 22.May.2014 16:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

I am sure - a lot of the visitors are in the same position as me.

I don't want to start this kind of discussion once again as we've talked about it many times, with results clearly visible...

It's great that many people regularly visit this site to read opinions. It's great that they consider what they can find here "professional". But if they don't contribute with their own opinions, if they don't participate in any discussions, if they don't show actually ANY kind of activity, if they just READ, then this website soon will be just dead and gone. There can't be any discussions without anyone discussing and everyone just wanting to read what others say. There can't be a website if the only active persons on it are the owner and two or three other people and the whole rest just "keep visiting". Even a simple poll (that takes one anonymous mouse click) like this one (available for guests to vote) gets 2500 views but only 23 votes, i.e. less than 1%. So what do the remaining 99% of visitors come here for if they don't even want to cast a vote on as simple question as whether they'd buy the Jolla phone today?

I keep running this site (and even working on a new one) despite it not bringing ANY revenue these days. The ONLY thing I expect to keep it going is to see any sign of people's interest in this website's further existence, any sort of activity. If there's not even just that, I will have no choice but to close it because it makes absolutely no sense to run a website for THREE active persons and an army of GHOSTS whose only sign of presence is the number of topic views and file downloads, while on the forums we've got a dozen of posts a week from three people in total.

In the past I was writing lots of detailed device reviews. I stopped doing it because despite millions of views I wasn't getting any feedback. I was maintaining the most complete and regularly updated software catalogs for Maemo and MeeGo (thousands of hours of work). I had to stop it due to no one rating or commenting on apps, everyone just downloading millions of files. Since the beginning of this year, from My-MeeGo Downloads people downloaded nearly 200,000 files (1,200,000 in total). Guess how many posts were written on the MeeGo forum since January 1st - less than a DOZEN, if we don't count mine.

So please tell me why would I want to continue running a website to which THREE persons contribute and the whole rest just "keeps visiting" and won't even bother to make one mouse click in a simple poll (available for guests and therefore not even requiring a registration). Because I really struggle to find any reasons.

P.S. I obviously do understand that people who don't have the Jolla phone yet can't discuss things related to its usage. But they surely can discuss countless other topics, like e.g. what's their opinion about Sailfish OS in general, how Jolla supports the platform, or what do they think about Android compatibility, or if they would like Jolla to provide support for paid apps, etc. They also can vote in polls about whether they'd buy the Jolla or not, or whether they'd buy Sailfish OS for Android, and so on. But they DON'T do that. On every other site people do it (participate in discussions, express their opinions, start new topics, vote in polls, talk with others, etc.), but the strange kind of people visiting this website does NOT, just "keep reading". Topics like this one have whopping (as for such a tiny platform) 15,000 visits in 2 months (which is more than the most popular topics on together.jolla.com), but posts only from FIVE people in total. And this really gets tiring and annoying, to the point that I've really had enough of this.

Anyway, it's everyone's free choice. Either people show that they need a site like this one (soon to be seriously improved, redesigned and launched with direct support for all these new platforms like Jolla, BB10, Ubuntu, etc.) or they keep showing that they don't care. If the latter, I will really have no choice but to stop wasting my time.

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Peter_Pan_A

Michal Jerz
Admin/Founder/Owner
Admin/Founder/Owner

Thanks received:
1088 in 693 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 23.May.2014 22:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

... and writing the above was an utter waste of time.

Arsch
traxx
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: Nokia N8, Blackberry Z10

PostPosted: Saturday, 24.May.2014 10:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:

Arsch

it's hard to be helpful here because there is no one to help in the first place. That is why I mostly active in SD forum because I am more familiar with symbian environment. Unless there is something interest me here, although I almost visit here daily I usually just do quick visit without any comments.
Peter_Pan_A
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts
Thanks given: 7

Phone: Nokia N8

PostPosted: Saturday, 24.May.2014 12:15    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Michal Jerz wrote:

Arsch

No Michel, you are NOT right!
Your work is highly appreciated!
It is not possible to appologise for being passive in writing, the main reason in my case is the lack of a Jolla phone and hence expertise.

As a result of your posts I began to consider not byuing a Jolla, but a BB10 phone... In this part I am still not assured that the Map system is good enough on the BB10 (I am from Bulgaria and need regular map updates), while my experinece with Nokia maps -have a N8- is quite good, if really not excelent.

So I would like to thank you in the name of all anonymous users just reading your site... I am sure we all really appreciate the efforts you and any contributer is bringing in! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Jolla Sailfish OS All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic