MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Windows 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Windows Phone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marsel
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!
Currently banned

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: nokia

PostPosted: Wednesday, 01.Jul.2015 11:03    Post subject: Windows 10   Reply with quote   

Hello,

I just bought a Windows phone after I sold my android mobile. I am new with windows phones so I ask you. How can I make a windows 10 update ? It is like on my laptop ? Is there any [removed] update, like I used on my laptop ?

Thank you.
mwittenburg
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 9000, 9110, 9210, 9500, TyTN, E90, Omnia, N900, Omnia 7, Lumia 800, Lumia 920, Lumia 1520

PostPosted: Wednesday, 01.Jul.2015 13:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'm assuming you know Windows 10 for phones is still just a preview, albeit a little more stable and improved since the preview first became available in February. It will only launch around September/October this year.

That said, you can install the preview like this:

Install the Windows Insider App (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appId=ed2b1421-6414-4544-bd8d-06d58ee40 2a5).

Launch the app and login with your Microsoft Account. At this point the app will tell you whether your handset is supported by the Windows 10 Preview or not. Most of the mainstream ones are. There was a problem with the Lumia 930s, but a fix was recently released for that.

Choose Insider Slow (more frequent updates, possibly less stable) or Fast (fewer updates, but more stable).

Confirm your acceptance of the Insider program, including the fact you may void your device's warranty.

Hit the check mark.

Go to Settings, then "Phone Update", and check for Updates.

You may need to go through a number of updates before the latest preview version is installed. I think there's an 8.1 GDR2 update or something like that that gets installed before Windows 10 can be installed.
johnniewalk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: +918066116611

PostPosted: Friday, 14.Aug.2015 09:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

In settings check for the windows update it will show to update for windows 10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Windows Phone All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic